+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turbo stay brackets

Established 1994

Default Turbo stay brackets

Why don't you work on making them for the turbos that don't have them. Along with provision for the heat shield.
    Have you loosened Orion's belt yet? The opposite of right is both left and wrong.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Default Re: Turbo stay brackets

There are a lot of variables with creating a turbo stay and if you need one most of the time your setup isn’t anywhere close to stock. A custom stay is usually the best option. We could create one but it wouldn’t be cost effective for us or anyone else. With all the different turbo options and the couple exhaust manifolds out there we couldn’t really make a one size fits all. I will look into it though, and see if it can realistically be done for the right price.

Established 1994

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer18 View Post
    There are a lot of variables with creating a turbo stay
    I am only concerned with 3. The stock 7MGTE, the Comp compressor housing, and the LIPP exhaust housing.

if you need one most of the time your setup isnít anywhere close to stock.
    Well, that depends on whom you are working with. What is needed is the studs like stock, then the stay could be easily produced.
    Have you loosened Orion's belt yet? The opposite of right is both left and wrong.

Banned Scammer - I'm whitemike. ifyouaint1sturlast's Avatar

I actually was thinking about this the other day.

I was thinking the only problem with a "universal" turbo stay would be length, right? Differences in manifolds, engines, etc..?

So, I was thinking a large threaded rod.. Just throwing that out there!

Seeking high numbers
    Greenville, North Carolina, United States

Quote Originally Posted by ifyouaint1sturlast View Post
    I actually was thinking about this the other day.

I was thinking the only problem with a "universal" turbo stay would be length, right? Differences in manifolds, engines, etc..?

So, I was thinking a large threaded rod.. Just throwing that out there!

You would have to look at angle too. Depending on how high or low the turbo sits on a particular set up. The end user could probably try to use a different hole but a threaded rod would not be a fix all. However, that would work for a lot of people im sure. One thing to help end angle would be heim joints but even they can only make up for so much.

1996 Toyota Taco DD
    Lowered, everything else is stock.

1988 MKIII Supra
    Current Mods(or lack there-of): K&N, BIC DDP, hollowed cat, cat back(cheap), short throw shifter, front upper strut bar, 89+JDM 3pc tails, fog lights rewired(2nd option ie:come on without parking lights), tint, no spare or jack, lex/660's, safc1, SX afpr, ARP Main studs, rodbolts, and head studs, nippon pistons and rings bored .020 over, balanced pistonand rod assembly, 7* CNC'ed head, 4 angle valve job, port and polish, 1.4mm MHG, Boss 60-1..B&G springs(installing next week)

90T

Yeah, I so wish my Boss Jr had the stock bosses for the heat shield and stay. Makes passing smog so much easier when things are covered.

Jakes supra is going together now, we'll looker closer at this when we put the turbo on.

Established 1994

I misstated the original post. I hope it is cleared up with the second. There is no provision for a turbo stay. I can get any piece of angle iron and drill holes in it. But there is nothing to put it on. There isn't a stud on the turbo anywhere to mount a stay. I don't have any ideas off the top of my head.

Seeking high numbers
    Greenville, North Carolina, United States

What turbo are you using? My Boss has a stud for a stay. Not for the lower stay but for the upper stay and heatsheild stud that goes to the head. Did someone mention their boss turbo didnt have a stud for it? Mine is a boss sr if that makes a difference.

1996 Toyota Taco DD
    Lowered, everything else is stock.

1988 MKIII Supra
    Current Mods(or lack there-of): K&N, BIC DDP, hollowed cat, cat back(cheap), short throw shifter, front upper strut bar, 89+JDM 3pc tails, fog lights rewired(2nd option ie:come on without parking lights), tint, no spare or jack, lex/660's, safc1, SX afpr, ARP Main studs, rodbolts, and head studs, nippon pistons and rings bored .020 over, balanced pistonand rod assembly, 7* CNC'ed head, 4 angle valve job, port and polish, 1.4mm MHG, Boss 60-1..B&G springs(installing next week)

90T

Nick and I have Boss Jr turbos. They do not have studs for stays or heat shields.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast