+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Your 1JZ-GTE And 2JZ-GTE Swap Guide For Dummies Discussion Thread!

Supramania Regular

Default Re: Your 1JZ-GTE And 2JZ-GTE Swap Guide For Dummies Discussion Thread!

Anyone have detailed info on what to hook up for the AC to work (wiring wise)

1988 TOYOTA SUPRA 93,XXX on chassis & counting...........................................................
    1.5JZ, HKS 264 Cams and much more
    12.7 @ 117 untuned 20 psi 2013 - Fastest time to date - need better tires too much spin horrible 60ft
    480 rwhp 423 lb ft of tq

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades

You Plug the A/C 1-wire plug by the junction box into the A/C pump, and everything else stays the same.
    '91 Supra Hard Top - Building 700rwhp 1J -Achieved-
    T70 turbo, 1200cc injectors, proefi 128 ecu, Flex fuel, E85, dual 044, BC 272 cams, BC springs & retainers, HKS ADJ Cam, HKS timing belt, 1ZZ COP, Tial Q BOV,1-piece alum driveshaft, ACT extreme PP, ACT 4-Puck Ceramic, MC thrust washer, 3.91 LSD 1.5way, 14.2' Front BBK, 13.8" Rear BBK, StopTech Pads, ST sway bars, F/R Poly bushings, Tein Mono Flex Coilovers, EDFC, Recaro Interior
    525rwhp@18psi
    722rwhp@30psi
    00.00 @ 000mph -- 60ft: 0.0 sec

TURBO UPGRADES!
    Billet CT26 upgrades
    Steel CT12a upgrades
    Steel CT20 upgrades
    CLIMATE CONTROL LED UPGRADES!

Supramania Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    You Plug the A/C 1-wire plug by the junction box into the A/C pump, and everything else stays the same.
    ... thats it? WoW yea i need to get the AC working in my car...

that 1-wire plug would be the EA12 connector wire correct? Do you know where into the A/C Pump

1988 TOYOTA SUPRA 93,XXX on chassis & counting...........................................................
    1.5JZ, HKS 264 Cams and much more
    12.7 @ 117 untuned 20 psi 2013 - Fastest time to date - need better tires too much spin horrible 60ft
    480 rwhp 423 lb ft of tq

Lurker

Just read through your Guide and found it very useful . . . as you say there are LOTS of different threads with only PART info or very vague, and lots of cross-referencing links. So I appreciate you trying to come up with a definitive Guide to all that's required to do a 1JZ or 2JZ swap into a Mk3.

However, I hope you'll consider that some of us aren't interested in having a Turbocharger . . . I'm hoping to put a 2JZ-GE from a Mk4 Supra to replace my 7M-GE in my 1991 Mk3 Supra . . using the 2J ECU and engine loom.

I'm trying to get ALL the info and parts I will need BEFORE going ahead with this, as my Supra is my daily driver, and I'd like to get the swap done in just a few days.

Thanks to your thread I'm now quite confident about lots of issues, like engine mounts, fan/radiator, aircon, power steering, Oil Pressure & Temperature Gauges.

I wonder if you or anyone else can answer these queries:

1. Are the ECU connections/wire colors the same on a SUPRA 2JZ-GE? (Most of you guys seem to use Lexus or Aristo engines)

2. Will the Rev Counter (Tacho) work as it is? (the ignition systems on both N/A engines look very similar)

3. If I use the bellhousing from a Mk4 Supra W58 on my Mk3 W58 will it all line up OK? Should I use the Clutch & Bearing from the 7M-GE or the 2JZ-GE?

4. Are the heater hoses to and from the bulkhead similar? Will either the Mk3 or Mk4 hoses fit?

5. If you have the 2JZ-GE engine fan (with clutch), can you keep the stock 7M radiator cowling? (and electric aircon fans)

6. Has ANYONE come up with a simple list of body wires to cut and splice to make it work? It seems that everyone doing this has to work it all out from scratch, using the complicated diagrams, whereas a simple table showing which color wire from the MA70 body loom to cut and splice to what color wire to the 2J ECU Body connector would make the job SO much easier !!
    Last edited by Roger UK; January 24th, 2012 at 08:09 AM.

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by Roger UK View Post
    Just read through your Guide and found it very useful . . . as you say there are LOTS of different threads with only PART info or very vague, and lots of cross-referencing links. So I appreciate you trying to come up with a definitive Guide to all that's required to do a 1JZ or 2JZ swap into a Mk3.

However, I hope you'll consider that some of us aren't interested in having a Turbocharger . . . I'm hoping to put a 2JZ-GE from a Mk4 Supra to replace my 7M-GE in my 1991 Mk3 Supra . . using the 2J ECU and engine loom.

I'm trying to get ALL the info and parts I will need BEFORE going ahead with this, as my Supra is my daily driver, and I'd like to get the swap done in just a few days.

Thanks to your thread I'm now quite confident about lots of issues, like engine mounts, fan/radiator, aircon, power steering, Oil Pressure & Temperature Gauges.

I wonder if you or anyone else can answer these queries:

1. Are the ECU connections/wire colors the same on a SUPRA 2JZ-GE? (Most of you guys seem to use Lexus or Aristo engines)

2. Will the Rev Counter (Tacho) work as it is? (the ignition systems on both N/A engines look very similar)

3. If I use the bellhousing from a Mk4 Supra W58 on my Mk3 W58 will it all line up OK? Should I use the Clutch & Bearing from the 7M-GE or the 2JZ-GE?

4. Are the heater hoses to and from the bulkhead similar? Will either the Mk3 or Mk4 hoses fit?

5. If you have the 2JZ-GE engine fan (with clutch), can you keep the stock 7M radiator cowling? (and electric aircon fans)

6. Has ANYONE come up with a simple list of body wires to cut and splice to make it work? It seems that everyone doing this has to work it all out from scratch, using the complicated diagrams, whereas a simple table showing which color wire from the MA70 body loom to cut and splice to what color wire to the 2J ECU Body connector would make the job SO much easier !!
    1: 2jzge from a lexus to a supra I believe are the same. (My 2jzge is from a lexus, and I used a supra 2jzge diagram) DOnt qoute me on this

2: Yes, All I did was hook up the Black Tach wire, and my Tach works fine.

3: Yes. They are the same. Even tho cars share the same stuff, I always use parts from whichever car it came out of. Ie If the W58 came out of a 1995 supra, Buy one for that year make model. (Just in case)

4: No they wont, I just ran Universal heater hose to the heater core, then from the firewall, back into the top of the head. it was too easy. (you may be able to find pre-molded hoses that fit, but I wasnt going to source it)

5. Yes. I am running 2jzge fan and clutch. And I still have stock 7m radiator and shroud.

6. I couldnt find anything. Its really not that difficult. I followed the 1jzgte wiring for the body. same colors it turned out. I still tested the connection before i soldered it on though.
    '91 Supra Hard Top - Building 700rwhp 1J -Achieved-
    T70 turbo, 1200cc injectors, proefi 128 ecu, Flex fuel, E85, dual 044, BC 272 cams, BC springs & retainers, HKS ADJ Cam, HKS timing belt, 1ZZ COP, Tial Q BOV,1-piece alum driveshaft, ACT extreme PP, ACT 4-Puck Ceramic, MC thrust washer, 3.91 LSD 1.5way, 14.2' Front BBK, 13.8" Rear BBK, StopTech Pads, ST sway bars, F/R Poly bushings, Tein Mono Flex Coilovers, EDFC, Recaro Interior
    525rwhp@18psi
    722rwhp@30psi
    00.00 @ 000mph -- 60ft: 0.0 sec

TURBO UPGRADES!
    Billet CT26 upgrades
    Steel CT12a upgrades
    Steel CT20 upgrades
    CLIMATE CONTROL LED UPGRADES!

Lurker

Many thanks Albert

So did your car originally have an N/A Engine? (7M-GE) Because I know the turbo versions have quite a few differences to things like the ignition circuit and therefore tacho

I haven't looked at EITHER ECU yet . . is there just ONE plug that connects to the body circuits? (and the rest connect to the engine)

Did you not come up with a list of wire colors to connect together that you could post?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roger UK View Post
    Many thanks Albert

So did your car originally have an N/A Engine? (7M-GE) Because I know the turbo versions have quite a few differences to things like the ignition circuit and therefore tacho

I haven't looked at EITHER ECU yet . . is there just ONE plug that connects to the body circuits? (and the rest connect to the engine)

Did you not come up with a list of wire colors to connect together that you could post?
    1) When you swap a GTE into a N/A car, your tach will not work correctly. It's been documented on here. If your car was a turbo and you swapped a GE in, I am not sure as there are very very few people who have done this. It's an easy fix to swap the tachs for one that suits your motor or whole cluster that suits your motor.

2) No ECU has body plugs. All have ones for the engine and then the body plugs run off those. If you are attempting a swap like this, a multimeter will help you to find common wires. There are a couple diagrams in my thread the will help you on the color of wires.

3) Look at my thread. There is wiring info there. Honestly, wiring for the GE is too darn easy, actually, it's easy for both. All wiring info need is there, there is really nothing GTE or GE specific when the wiring is related. Simple stuff

Main relay
    Power for coils
    Power for injectors
    Fuel pump relay
    Constant power for ECU
    Constant ground for ECU
    Ignition switch to turn on ECU
    Starter Signal
    Oil pressure wire (Optional)
    AC switch(Optional)

Keep in mind, the AC circuit is not controlled by the ECU, it's done by another module by the stock computer location.

Hey guys, sorry if it was mentioned and I missed it, but is alternator wiring addressed anywhere? Some help would be nice.

- Joe
    Sent from my iPhone

Blog Entries

I will be adding that in the next update. I read everyone's recommendations and then I make on update. I PM IJ. and he does the update for me since that thread is locked to keep the discussion here and the correct constantly updated video there.

Lurker

Many Thanks IBoughtASupra

I know both the Turbo engines have very different ignition circuits, but I'm hoping that as my engine is a 7M-GE and I'm fitting a 2JZ-GE that the Tacho will work without modification (one person has confirmed that - can anyone else?)
    Last edited by Roger UK; January 26th, 2012 at 04:58 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast