+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: SBC/LS1 with R154, anyone done it?

Default Re: SBC/LS1 with R154, anyone done it?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg55_99 View Post
    Mopar Small Block?

Greg
    Nah.....Gen 3 Hemi.......stock 6.1 is 425hp/420 tq.......cam in that will put it over 500. Just gotta see if it fits between the shock towers. Only weighs 40 lbs more than the stock turbo motor.

tell your mom I said hi

Quote Originally Posted by 10SecondC View Post
    Nah.....Gen 3 Hemi.......stock 6.1 is 425hp/420 tq.......cam in that will put it over 500. Just gotta see if it fits between the shock towers. Only weighs 40 lbs more than the stock turbo motor.
    If a blown headgasket wasn't bad enough....
    1987 Toyota Supra SBC/Powerglide swap 12.04 @ 111

40 lbs heavier and a half mile wider i seriously doubt you could fit that thing into the engine bay of a supra without doing this 31342820016_large.jpg thats a pic of my favorite dodge stealth/ 3000gt ever, the VR440. I honestly thing that it would take that level of fabrication to install anything bigger than a smallblock motor into a supra
    There are three kinds of work, Good, Fast, and Cheap
    You can only ever have two at a time.
    If you want it Good and Fast, it won't be Cheap,
    if you want it Good and Cheap, it won't be Fast,
    and if you want it Fast and Cheap, It won't be Good.
    [SIZE="2"]
    MK3-Sold due to move
    Looking for a new one as of 8/8/2014

Have you ever seen how big a 1uz is? I wouldn't think it could be much bigger then that.

Anyone know what exhaust manifolds might work or atleast be close to fitting? I heard something about stock ctsv's fitting, but i need something with better flow than a stock cast iron manifold.. I was going to use the r154, but i ended up finding a t56 so plans have changed. Ill start a build thread when i start fabbing up mounts and such.

Here are a couple of mock up motor next to an r154..

Quote Originally Posted by jza70 View Post
    why do j-series engine owners try to act like mk4 owners and act so indifferent ....... buying a 1j/2j wont cloak your mk3 into a mk4.

I am going to try the hooker headers. From my measurements that should fit.

http://www.holley.com/8501-3HKR.asp

I have also looked at tthe long tube swap headers from JTR.com for the RX7 swap. They are tight to the tranny and look like they would work in the Mk3.

http://www.jagsthatrun.com/Mazda-RX7-LS1-V8_Order.html

Thanks for the info. ouch on the jtr stuff. Ill just make my own for that price. I might try just getting the cheap ctsv long tubes and modding them to work. Im sure the cast iron would fit, but again i have a built motor with big solid cam, those prolly wont flow enough.
    why do j-series engine owners try to act like mk4 owners and act so indifferent ....... buying a 1j/2j wont cloak your mk3 into a mk4.

Look at the LSA headers. They don't look much bigger then the hooker cast and they flow enough for 600hp or even the LS7 manifolds.

Im thinkin about these... Even if they need modding they are cheap.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LS1-LS6-LS2-...06%26rk%3D1%26

hi AS far as i understand from reading the novak adapter, fj cruiser clutch disc, pontiac solstice slave cylinder, regular GM bellhousing is needed. But what flywheel, pressure plate and pilot bushing is needed?

I think i read camaro pressure plate i have one from a t5 v8 camaro would that work?

If you can help me out that would be great. I will be using an Lq4 or Lq9 for my engine. Also I currently have a t5 from an 86 camaro installed so i already have the master cylinder from the camaro mounted and everything. I am curious to know if this would work with the solstice slave. I would rather not change the master if i dont have to dont want to mess around with brackets and such.

also is there anyway i can make the novak adapter. I have access to a cnc mill and plasma along with pretty well any other machine tools. does anyone have a cnc file or template? or is anyone selling the adapter cheap!

Hope u guys can help

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast