+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how much psi can be put in the 7mgte with the stock 440cc injectors?

Default how much psi can be put in the 7mgte with the stock 440cc injectors?

Just wondering if anyone knows how much psi i can put in before the head warps after a few thousand miles or it becomes inefficient for power on the stock 440cc injectors and fuel delivery system. (The block will be all forged internals and the head will have titanium valves FYI)

Regular Supramaniac

Default Re: how much psi can be put in the 7mgte with the stock 440cc injectors?

lol, you have some reading to do. the answer to your question could potentially be several pages long.

if you are going through the expense and trouble of "all forged internals and the head will have titanium valves", is$450 worth of injectors going to break the bank? Or could you just be a dreamer wasting our time?

What will we break today?

Default Re: how much psi can be put in the 7mgte with the stock 440cc injectors?

I'd say a better question would be "How do I get XXXrwhp from my 7M-GTE"

Set a goal and then start gathering information to try to achieve that goal. It's a much better plan than just cranking up the boost with stock stuff and wondering why it blew up. Also, don't feel singled out, this question comes up a lot and we typically try to give a similar answer to everyone.
    -Steve
    91 Supra- built 7M, Billet 67, AEM. Ya know, the 'wrong' engine...
    Best dyno: 788hp, 674tq @ 31psi on E-85.
    Best 1/4 mile: 11.366 @ 130.52

My build thread: The Toyotanos Build!

Established 1994

You can safely get 12-13 psi from 440's with the CT26. T4 based, not so much.
    Have you loosened Orion's belt yet? The opposite of right is both left and wrong.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Quote Originally Posted by adampecush View Post
    lol, you have some reading to do. the answer to your question could potentially be several pages long.

if you are going through the expense and trouble of "all forged internals and the head will have titanium valves", is$450 worth of injectors going to break the bank? Or could you just be a dreamer wasting our time?
    I can assure you I am no dreamer because once I got my eyes set on something I do it, it might take a while to get the money I need but I'll do it. As for my engine, I want my engine near bullet proof which is why I'm looking to go with full forged internals in the block so I can do what i please with it and not worry as much. I'm asking this question because if I DONT need extra mods to support the boost like the fuel (bigger injectors), fuel pressure regulator system, the lexus Afm, etc, I'll know I don't have to spend another $1,000+. but If i have to I will.

creepy-ass cracka
    Blog Entries

Crack me up. I suggest a dream less, learn more approach.

What is your horsepower goal? And Why do you figure $1000+ on for Lexus AFM, injectors, FPR system? I found a Lexus AFM with electronics for 30, Evo 560cc injectors for 50, that is almost half the battle for less than 100 bucks? Just look around and you will find what you need affordable if you look and have patience.. I've read this forum for about 3 weeks straight now and I've seen people post that the 7M internals can survive upwards of 500+ HP and I don't know how true it is but I've seen one or two posts of someone running over 1000HP with stock internals. I would start at the fuel portion first because proper fuel delivery is one of the things that prevents your internals from becoming airborne...

What will we break today?

Quote Originally Posted by NoLimitslja View Post
    What is your horsepower goal? And Why do you figure $1000+ on for Lexus AFM, injectors, FPR system? I found a Lexus AFM with electronics for 30, Evo 560cc injectors for 50, that is almost half the battle for less than 100 bucks? Just look around and you will find what you need affordable if you look and have patience.. I've read this forum for about 3 weeks straight now and I've seen people post that the 7M internals can survive upwards of 500+ HP and I don't know how true it is but I've seen one or two posts of someone running over 1000HP with stock internals. I would start at the fuel portion first because proper fuel delivery is one of the things that prevents your internals from becoming airborne...
    I think you're mistaking 7M and JZ series engines. The record power from a stock 7M block was done by Xman with a brand new factory block, and it was 750hp. Duane and Mibrum are the highest HP 7M's, but they are both fully built.
    -Steve
    91 Supra- built 7M, Billet 67, AEM. Ya know, the 'wrong' engine...
    Best dyno: 788hp, 674tq @ 31psi on E-85.
    Best 1/4 mile: 11.366 @ 130.52

My build thread: The Toyotanos Build!

333k and going strong

OP: Do you know why you want TI valves? Do you know what copper beryllium is? Do you know what the stock pistons are made of? Anyone that is building a motor and uses the term "How much psi" scares me.

You have to walk before you can run and I have a feeling you're planning to sprint a marathon before you've taken your first step...

There's a ton of great info here and you've got all you need to make the car of your dreams. Dont get ahead of yourself.

Supramania Regular

Just reading this.. and I dont think you can safely get over 10 psi (maybe 11 psi) out of a stock 7MGTE without hitting fuel cut (and I think thats with shimming the wastegate).
    *** NOTE: the above is what I gather from reading other posts.. dont know if its true or not)

I have wanted to bump my turbo up to 9-10 psi (anything over at my altitude will require the Lexus AFM) to run like that until I get the fuel system upgraded. Thought all I needed was a manual boost controller to attain that (dont know if I actually have to do anything with the waste gate as well).

So.. after typing the above and reading this area.. I bet there are quite a few people (turbo noobs like me) that wonder about that. My engine is strong (19k on the rebuild) but running stock boost. Would be nice to creep it up a little bit until I have everything prepped for shooting for the 350-400 HP mark.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast