+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ? Is a Rebuilt or upgrade CT26 Still considered a Stock Turbo ?

Yo Daddy

Question ? Is a Rebuilt or upgrade CT26 Still considered a Stock Turbo ?

I say it's STOCK. It came in a Supra then Rebuilt. What goes inside is my choice or who rebuilds it for that matter.

AGREE ?????

Boobs/Boost, my favorite

Default Re: ? Is a Rebuilt or upgrade CT26 Still considered a Stock Turbo ?

rebuilt yes, it's stock, considering OEM or OEM spec parts were used..

as for upgraded, no, it's in the title UPGRADED, so THAT is no longer stock..

however, from the outside, it can pass as stock, if you're trying to make your car into a ringer or something..
    '86.5 Targa 5-speed Sport Package - '91 7MGE - JUNKED
    '89 Targa 5-Speed White package - BPU'd SOLD
    '92 Hardtop 5-Speed - 2JZ-GE SOLD
    '05 Scion xB - JDMish
    '03 Lexus IS 300 5-Speed - Small mods.

Yo Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by RazoE View Post
    rebuilt yes, it's stock, considering OEM or OEM spec parts were used..

as for upgraded, no, it's in the title UPGRADED, so THAT is no longer stock..

however, from the outside, it can pass as stock, if you're trying to make your car into a ringer or something..
    Good point,However. Its still a STOCK TURBO. Coming from Toyota Stock that is.
    Rebuilt to OEM Spec or UPGRADED is Another ANIMAL. I find that there is a common misconception in the term STOCK used in all MOTORSPORTS using this said TERM .
    If you Still disagree maybe IM totally WRONG, or somewhat partly right .

Excelent reply and how do we continue.

all input excepted.....
    Last edited by supranasty; December 28th, 2010 at 04:24 PM.

Supramania Regular

"Rebuilt" I would consider stock, but "upgraded" means it has been altered and is no longer stock. My car appears stock as long as you leave the hood closed. So by your standards as long as the outside is still the same my car is still stock because it appears so. Right?

Formerly medic91x

I'd have to say that having an upgraded CT26 and then calling it a stock turbo would be like me saying my 7M-GTE w .020 over pistons and forged is stock. because the MA70 comes with a 7M-GTE stock.

For all intensive purposes I just say it's an upgraded stock turbo, because it's huge difference between having that and running a 60-1 or something.
    1996 Supra TT
    1995 SC300 - 2JZ-GTE
    1990 Supra - 1JZ-GTE

CENCAL SUPRAS
    Blog Entries

idk i say 57 trim is still stock though cause its still toyota and just rebuilt...i have 57trim and mhg and arps and i say its stock all the time...

www.cencalsupras.com
    FS: 1913 MODEL T FORD...$20,000 (MINT) pm me for details
    CHECK OUT MY BUILD

Yo Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by SupraMedical68 View Post
    I'd have to say that having an upgraded CT26 and then calling it a stock turbo would be like me saying my 7M-GTE w .020 over pistons and forged is stock. because the MA70 comes with a 7M-GTE stock.

For all intensive purposes I just say it's an upgraded stock turbo, because it's huge difference between having that and running a 60-1 or something.
    Darn, why did you use the word STOCK following the term UPGRADED. You see what im saying. .20 is a standard overbore when rebuilding an engine. Bored and stroked is done by PROS who still call it a stock car in another venue.
    A Starter rebuilt for higher Torque is still a STOCK STARTER that was rebuilt.
    I bet alot of people are missled by the term STOCK.

Where is the line here that all will stick with if you see what im saying...

I'd have to agree with the other's that it is not a stock turbo, it is upgraded plain and simple.
    I just had to pull an upgraded 57 trim because it was smoking and had lots of shaft play. Had it been rebuilt with oem style/size parts I seriously doubt It would need replacement already.

The point I'm making is when you upgrade a stock turbo and lose it's stock like reliability, how could you really consider it a stock turbo?

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

I have a stock short block for sale, .018 over with ross pistons/eagle rods and arp main bolts

Formerly medic91x

Quote Originally Posted by supranasty View Post
    Darn, why did you use the word STOCK following the term UPGRADED. You see what im saying. .20 is a standard overbore when rebuilding an engine. Bored and stroked is done by PROS who still call it a stock car in another venue.
    A Starter rebuilt for higher Torque is still a STOCK STARTER that was rebuilt.
    I bet alot of people are missled by the term STOCK.

Where is the line here that all will stick with if you see what im saying...
    lol

My whole thing is my 57trim isn't stock, but it's also not a aftermarket turbo like a Garrett or SP... and it still has that restrictive ass housing on it.

So it's stock in the sense that it came in the car, but it's still upgraded. I just figure "upgraded stock turbo" would be the most accurate way to describe it if I was talking to a non-MKIII owner. As in "it was the POS that came stock in the car 22 years ago, but it's been rebuilt and upgraded since."
    1996 Supra TT
    1995 SC300 - 2JZ-GTE
    1990 Supra - 1JZ-GTE

Yo Daddy

Im Busted, Its a UPgraded STOCK

LOL

Thanks
    89 5sp ct26 12.21@112

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast