+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are coilovers really worth it?

suspension>power

Default Are coilovers really worth it?

Hey i was originally looking at saving up for a set of stance coilovers for $1200. Now i have been looking around and wondering about getting a set of shocks/springs for around 600. With the extra 600 I could get some poly bushings i need for my control arms and sway bars. My car is my daily, but i drift a lot and want to start into competitive drifting. So i was wondering if coilovers with stock sway bars and worn out bushings would be better than shocks/springs with poly bushings and sway bars. Also ride comfort is not a factor. Thanks.

Default Re: Are coilovers really worth it?

godspeed sells a set of coilovers for $700. I know a guy that runs them on all his drift cars and he loves them.

SoCal

They are worth it, so you do it all: coilovers, sway bars, and bushings.
    audentes fortuna juvat
    Pronunciation: \au̇-ˈden-ˌtās-fȯr-ˌtü-nä-ˈyu̇-ˌwät\
    "Fortune favors the bold."

https://www.facebook.com/ntorios.supra

NTORIOS Build
    http://www.supramania.com/forums/sho...otorious-M.K.3.

I'm looking into a set of one of the "value priced" coilovers because somehow I blew my blue tokicos and now one of the kyb's I replaced them with is blown. Running Eibach springs btw

anyone who has a set of the ~700ish dollar coilovers, how are they and how long have they lasted

they call me cotton jr

Ive had D2's on my car since last summer... got em used on the forum here for $600shipped. Theres deals to be had if, you just have to time it right!
    Need money for fuel mods and clutch setup.

Why not look into the Zankoku Performance coilovers on this forum. They are $700 - 750 shipped. I haven't installed them yet, but they look to be of very good quality. I researched them a lot before buying. They're manufactured by a reputable company for Zankoku just like many other tuner coilovers. They're also fully adjustable and can drop the car more than it should be dropped.

You can see the info on buying and some reviews in the last 5 - 6 pages of this thread:
    http://www.supramania.com/forums/sho...ormance/page45

Supramania Regular

Drifting became 10x easier when I switched from RS-R springs/Bilstein shocks to Stance coilovers. So worth it.

Now 2JZ / 6262 / AEM EMS /other fun stuff
    http://ignitesoul.blogspot.com/

I play with fire

Quote Originally Posted by SC61 MK3 View Post
    I'm looking into a set of one of the "value priced" coilovers because somehow I blew my blue tokicos and now one of the kyb's I replaced them with is blown. Running Eibach springs btw

anyone who has a set of the ~700ish dollar coilovers, how are they and how long have they lasted
    Missing/destroyed bump stops?

On the coilover front, well... Building your own is certainly better (ask IJ or anyone with semi-custom setups like mine) as you can get the proper spring rate you want and then revalve the dampener to match.
    '89 Turbo Targa 5-Speed, ARP Studs, Cometic HG, Whiteline Adj. Swaybars, ZW DDP, Cooleeze Hardpipes, Apex'i Intake, Type II BOV, Action Stage 3 Clutch, Bilstein Shock & Springs w/ Cusco Mounts, Raptor Racing Exhaust & Cat

>>TomTom Custom Supra Icon<<

[Quin] 6:00 pm: fuck you
    [Quin] 6:00 pm: assholes
    [Canuckrz] 6:01 pm: fuck you and every mall santa that looks like you Quin
    [Quin] 6:01 pm: lol pwnt
    Aliens Cause Global Warming: A Caltech Lecture by Michael Crichton

Free Toyota Autotech Literature

Jeez, if you are going to invest in suspension, do it right. If your looking for a "budget" coilover system go with BC racings. I promise you, you will notice a difference. And yes, coilovers are very worth it. After getting my first set of coilovers I could never drop another cent on shocks/springs.

Supramania Regular

Quote Originally Posted by 3.0trd View Post
    godspeed sells a set of coilovers for $700. I know a guy that runs them on all his drift cars and he loves them.
    Ha ha, your so full of it! Everyone HAAAATES GodSpeed coilovers. They're like the worst out there. Now i like plenty of other GodSpeed stuff and they do make good suspension arms and other stuff, but unfortunately their coilovers just totally suck bawls.

People still dont seem to know that Stance/Megan/BC is all the same company. With that said, they do make good products, but they're far from some Super coilover thats going to solve world hunger.

But if you want to be competitive in difting you ABSOLUTELY have to have stiff coilovers. Not tryin to whore out my parts in a thread but Marotta brought it up already. We can do any kind of custom spring rates and revalve the damper appropriately. Our suspension is also completely user rebuildable, granted you know how to, or any qualified shock builder can rebuild, revalve, whatever.
    No shop parts. ONLY whats listed in the classifieds

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast