+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brake bleeder screw stuck in the piston

Default Brake bleeder screw stuck in the piston

So my friend was trying to bleed my breaks, and he breaks the damn thing apart as hes trying to get it off. blames it on my old car that its probably rusty and difficult to take out, never really ever had a problem when i got my brakes done at a shop.

anyways, im stuck here with a broken bleeder screw in my pistol, what solutions do i have?

Grumpy Old Man

Default Re: Brake bleeder screw stuck in the piston

Soak it in PB Blaster being careful to NOT get any on the pads/disc then try a small easy out type extractor.

(Piston maybe? still not correct though the word you're looking for is "Calliper")

Sugar, Water, Purple

Also be very careful trying to back it out with the easy out. It if breaks in there it will be even more fun trying to get it out.
    C:\Users\Tracy\Pictures\l_ea6bd9e4e9944a5a9c43ef4c22b34751.jpg

i had to peal one out peice by peice. try not to damage the treads on the caliper.

What's pb blaster? can i get that at oreilly's? what is its function? lubricates it? also is this common? fuck i'll try to get it out, have a feeling i'll just have to buy another one, not letting my friend touch my brakes every again, im so pissed.

Grumpy Old Man

Quote Originally Posted by legionarius View Post
    What's pb blaster? can i get that at oreilly's? what is its function? lubricates it? also is this common? fuck i'll try to get it out, have a feeling i'll just have to buy another one, not letting my friend touch my brakes every again, im so pissed.
    PB Blaster - A powerful penetrating catalyst designed to free up and break loose rusty nuts and bolts. It also lubricates and halts rust and corrosion. Formulated as a penetrant, not just a Water Dispersant.

The world famous PB Blaster Penetrating Catalyst is more than just great. PB quickly brakes loose surface tension rust and corrosion by creeping up, around and in to hard-to-reach cavities. It's ideal for brake, exhaust and suspension system jobs. Plus, lubricating film remains on parts to help prevent further rusting.

Should be able to get it just about anywhere, I.E. Walmart

Not your Bud's fault shit happens, I coat most parts like that with Nickle antiseize on assembly to prevent this sort of thing happening.

I don't think this will help me out much since he stripped the screw, now the tip is perfectly round.....unless i can sand the edges square and use a vice grip

Grumpy Old Man

Quote Originally Posted by legionarius View Post
    I don't think this will help me out much since he stripped the screw, now the tip is perfectly round.....unless i can sand the edges square and use a vice grip
    Why do I bother.....

You asked a question I gave you a course of action based on 30+ years of automotive experience and now you're discounting it out of hand without even trying....

Hey I'm a n00b, no issue admitting it......my apoligies......i was just saying it'll be difficult with the round head and all, thanks for the info though.

Grumpy Old Man

Easyout goes INSIDE the hole in the middle.....

PB Blaster on it's own might loosen it enough that vicegrips will remove it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast