+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fruition of Obsession -- 310,000 mile makeover --

333k and going strong

Default Re: The Fruition of Obsession -- 310,000 mile makeover --

Quote Originally Posted by mattsplat72 View Post
    You put this into NA car right? I remember having to swap mine over to a GTE tach.
    Ya, you can either do that or swap out resistors, but my iron is terrible and my soldering skills aren't amazing to begin with. I'll try to troubleshoot tonight. I must just have a weak connection somewhere.

EDIT: just got the tach working. resoldered two resistors and it works fine. I must have had an ugly joint, but all works now!!
    Here are some pics of the pre-install:

Last edited by suprarx7nut; July 7th, 2010 at 08:25 PM.

333k and going strong

Update: Intake valve on #3 is stuck open.

I'm going to try to free it tomorrow, but I feel like I'm shooting in the dark.

Anyone have any advice for how to get it back in order if it's just sticking from deposits?

*Update

Got the stuck valve closed, it moved so freely. I have no idea what is causing this huge problem. Then it just got stuck open again when i went to compression test it.

So the car will be babied to my new place where I'll throw on one of my two good heads. Maybe time for an upgrade in cams or something...
    Last edited by suprarx7nut; July 17th, 2010 at 04:48 PM.

333k and going strong

Towed it very painfully to it's new home (Townhome garage).

I'm going to do a head swap with a spare head I have. 3 angle valve job, OEM composite HG

Changes in part plans:

Die Hard Platinum Battery
    Greddy HeadgasketGenuine Toyota Head Gasket
    ARP Studs <-- Still debating this one. The motor already has ARP bolts. The $125 bucks for studs might be better spent elsewhere...

333k and going strong

Update:

Car has been running with a fully refreshed head for a few weeks now. Went with ARP studs and OEM Headgasket. I figure since the transmission and clutch are going to hold ~350 rwhp max, I can get by with a composite HG. If it blows down the road I'll do it right and pull everything and do a MHG. For now, ~10 psi should be ok on the stocker.

I have a strange dead spot from ~1-10% throttle, then it kicks to life. Almost as if the TPS doesn't know i'm off idle until 10%. I can see the vacuum change so I know the throttle is opening. I'll have to investigate the tps soon.

I hope to be purchasing a Land Cruiser (80 series) soon so the Supra won't see winter if all goes as planned. Progress will be slower with the added expense, but I wont have to worry about getting stuck or plowed into.

Shitty cell phone pics:

Perfectly good, unblown Greddy headgasket. I guess I'll use it as a wall ornament after I clean it up?

Supramania Regular

looks good man, and good idea with the winter driver....we don'[t have to worry about things like that down here in Florida lol.

86.5 Toyota Supra Maroon - SOLD
    89 Toyota Supra Pearl White - Current Build http://www.supramania.com/forums/sho...New-7M-Install

Quote Originally Posted by IJ. View Post
    I was looking at some inversion boots so I could hang myself up but I'm already warped

333k and going strong

Got a bosch 710 bpv (Same as 110 bosch) and it sounds a lot less ricey than my stock toyota bpv that was fluttering like crazy.

Still stock exhaust, only "power" mod is an apexi intake. Boost is at 6 psi. Fun, but not nearly enough. I want closer to ~10psi, but it'll have to wait until I can afford a nice 3" exhaust turbo back. Still planning on Raptor Racing cat back, metallic cat and BIC Recirc DDP.

Really need to sell my red 88 turbo so that is my project for now. The black car runs smoothly so I think I can just enjoy it for a while.

Keep Laughing.You're Next

Congrats, it seems like u have done a lot of research before the swap and were ready for any problems. Im glad it went well. Time for more boost!!!!

yea congrats glad to see everything is working out for the most part.

333k and going strong

Quote Originally Posted by akito View Post
    Congrats, it seems like u have done a lot of research before the swap and were ready for any problems. Im glad it went well. Time for more boost!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bombinuass View Post
    yea congrats glad to see everything is working out for the most part.
    Thanks guys! And with as much time as I have spent around here over the last three years I think I better know my shit. At this point I've done 1 full head gasket job and rebuilt 2 7M's so I think I'm getting the basics down pretty well.

Now it's time to tackle the finer things. I.E. More power mods, tuning, getting the car much cleaner, newer looking and feeling.
    Last edited by suprarx7nut; December 5th, 2010 at 03:01 PM.

333k and going strong

Switched over to GC 0w30 w/ PureONE filter recently. Over 313,500 miles. Fully broken in. Really need new exhaust, right now it's rusted in half at the resonator and basically straight piped. AKA loud, obnoxious and not any faster...

Can't wait to order exhaust. Still looking at Raptor Racing catback and BIC divorced downpipe.

...and the gf sitting next to me says she wishes I weren't so obsessed...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast