+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One and only key broke off in my ignition:-(...can't start the car

Supramania Regular

Default One and only key broke off in my ignition:-(...can't start the car

I know this is shady at best but I need to know how to break a key cylinder to start my car:-(

I'm at work and have 12 hours to figure this out....my boss tried to use his key pick set to remove what's left of the key but something happened and now I can't turn the cylinder....how can I get this car to start?

I can prove this car is mine...I have title in hand and my I'd so if I need to take video to prove that I'm not stealing a car then I can do that....

Anybody know what to do?

Supramania Regular

Default Re: One and only key broke off in my ignition:-(...can't start the car

if you broke the key in the cylinder, why not use the broken part, reinsert it and turn. should work
    Purveyor of the "Gold" carburetor !!!

Curb stomping misinformation since 1994!

Want Free high end technical assitance?! Click Here!

More than you ever wanted to know about wiring!

PenisVaginaBoob

Can you call a lock smith? I have no idea if he can help, but its worth a try.

Rawr
    Blog Entries

I think when they tried to get out what they could, it made that impossible figgie

Supramania Regular

That's how I used to start the car but after my boss messed with it it won't work:-(

what do you recomend....lock smith is $145+ which I just don't have right now!

Supramania Regular

If it is in the cylinder... not sure what is "impossible" about it. Press in, done. Unless they broke the brass fingers and then at that point, he is fucked if that is the case.
    Purveyor of the "Gold" carburetor !!!

Curb stomping misinformation since 1994!

Want Free high end technical assitance?! Click Here!

More than you ever wanted to know about wiring!

Supramania Regular

Thats what I think happened cause the extractor got stuck and we needed pliars to pull it out.

So please...is it possible to either break the cylinder lock or drill the cylinder out?

Supramania Regular

I'm with figgie on this one, as long as the cylinder is on the lock position you should be able to push and turn. Put some oomph behind it, if it's broke anyway what's the harm?

Supramania Regular

Please guys....I just need to know how to start the car and to disable the steering lock.

Creeper

take apart the plastic trim around the steering column. above the key cylinder there should be a little button you can press with a needle or something, which should allow you to pull out the cylinder.
    See what you can do from there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast