+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Synapse BOV

Very expensive....

Default Re: Synapse BOV

TiAL.

I really don't understand that video where the Synapse is always blowing air out. At idle, wouldn't vaccum want to be pulling air in through the BOV instead?

I need deeper pockets

Well I think I am going to mess with the one I got and if I can't get it to quit surging at low power then I am probably going to give this one a try. Does anyone have the exact measurements. Ok I know it is bigger than X valve but I want exact measurement so as to see if it will fit in the limited space I have

91 Turbo with bored out 57 trim CT-26. Full 3 inch exhaust from turbo back. Stance Coilovers, ST sway bars with adjustable end links, Spearco intercooler w/Hard pipes running 15psi and full set of gauges. Aeromotive FPR and Walbro 255. B&M cooler w/fan for tranny. Rollin on 275-30-19 in the back and 245-35-19 in the front. Just a daily driver except for when the autocross comes up in the area. Kumho V710 Racin slicks when I race it.

The Name's Chunks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr--Peanut View Post
    I really don't understand that video where the Synapse is always blowing air out. At idle, wouldn't vaccum want to be pulling air in through the BOV instead?
    There trying to say that on that car the turbo is so efficient that its actually creating pressure in the intercooler pipe at idle. There would never be vac in the intercooler pipes unless the air filter/turbo is causing a restriction, That said i dont know if i believe that the turbo is actually working that well to create a moderate pressure in the intercooler piping at idle.

Im curious as to how close that valve is to the radiator fan......

Edit much later: I really dont understand the big deal about this. On the "How it works" Video is explains nothing about how the valve works only there gimmicks.

He claims no vacuum is required to cause the valve to release pressure, Though to do this you need a three way VSV with one side open to atmosphere. This is all well and cool on a test stand where you pressure it up and flip a switch to release it, But on a car how would you signal the VSV to open? The only practical use on a car is to hook it to a manifold vacuum source like any other BOV.

There is one difference between this valve and a regular valve such as the Greddy Type-s, the way the piston moves to open it.

The way it is actuated is exactly the same, theres not much "Ingenuity" at all. Higher pressure on one side and lower pressure on the other causes the piston to move and release the pressure.

A standard valve with a design such as the Greddy Type-s Will be just as air tight under boost. The boost pressure is equal on either side of the piston so really the only imbalance is the spring pre-load, Untill the throttle closes and manifold pressure goes negative puling against the spring pressure (with help from the boost on the other side) making it vent.

Maybe im missing something? </rant>
    Last edited by Nosechunks; December 29th, 2009 at 12:15 AM.

'89 Turbo Targa 2JZGE, BC272, 6466, 8860, Cobra BBK, E85, TH350. 516WHP/421WTQ@20PSI
    My build thread
    JZ Power steering fitting and More For Sale
    ATI 2JZ GM Trans adaptor complete kit for sale

WTF did he just wright ?

i have know 2 people that ran them no issues and there ntot hat ugly eather and there just abit longer thne the ssq
    Judging me by my spelling is your biggest mistake

92 Toyota Supra 7M-GTE pump fuel 585 rwhp/540 torq on a stock block
    Build thread http://www.supramania.com/forums/sho...ad-aka-NashMan
    94 Toyota Pickup the autocross machine build thread http://www.supramania.com/forums/sho...64#post1924264
    Retired 89 Toyota exo cage sas street/bush truck build thread http://www.supramania.com/forums/sho...-hills-are-fun
    NM V2 short shifters, SOLD OUT
    http://www.supramania.com/forums/sho...oup-buy-thread

Supramania Regular

i have had mine for a year now and no problems at all. I run 20psi everyday and it has never surged on me. i realy do love this bov more than any other bov i have used (hks ssq, tail, XS, bosh 110, greddy). I use a recirculating fitting, just like the stock bov uses but its twice the size! I live next to san diego and thats were the synapse is located, they are always willing to help anyone out.

ic set up2.jpg
    Last edited by mk3tattoos; January 8th, 2010 at 02:42 AM. Reason: adding picture

Toyota Technician

I'm sorry to resurect this thread but I have this BOV I bought it 4 years ago and I hope it works great like mk3tattoos says. After hearing good and bad I don't know what to believe.

If you want to get a hold of me best way is to e-mail me HERE. - Manny
    Join the "STUPID STICK" free revolution!!!

Quote Originally Posted by phatbimmer View Post
    I'm sorry to resurect this thread but I have this BOV I bought it 4 years ago and I hope it works great like mk3tattoos says. After hearing good and bad I don't know what to believe.
    i wish someone would clear it up!!

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades

Mine worked great for 1-2year. Sold it and bought a Tial Q, just for looks..
    '91 Supra Hard Top - Building 700rwhp 1J -Achieved-
    T70 turbo, 1200cc injectors, proefi 128 ecu, Flex fuel, E85, dual 044, BC 272 cams, BC springs & retainers, HKS ADJ Cam, HKS timing belt, 1ZZ COP, Tial Q BOV,1-piece alum driveshaft, ACT extreme PP, ACT 4-Puck Ceramic, MC thrust washer, 3.91 LSD 1.5way, 14.2' Front BBK, 13.8" Rear BBK, StopTech Pads, ST sway bars, F/R Poly bushings, Tein Mono Flex Coilovers, EDFC, Recaro Interior
    525rwhp@18psi
    722rwhp@30psi
    00.00 @ 000mph -- 60ft: 0.0 sec

TURBO UPGRADES!
    Billet CT26 upgrades
    Steel CT12a upgrades
    Steel CT20 upgrades
    CLIMATE CONTROL LED UPGRADES!

Supramania Regular

What do you need cleared up? It is one of the best, nuff said. Really though, what is worries do you have?
    1jz, innovate lc1/xd16, walbro 255, 12v mod w/new relay, synapse bov, biltz custome built exuast, tokico illumina II w/ Eibach springs, nitto on p1 racing rims, act stage 2,auto meter boost gauge,SAFC2, MINES tuned ecu, 550's,DM intercooler kit, Perrin mdc, nashman v2 shifter, DM 67mm w/.72ar turbo kit, and a little more......

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123