• Maybe, depends on the price

92 42.59%
  • No, I like the Targe wobble

27 12.50%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Targa bars, now available!!

Default Targa bars, now available!!

I have been running these on my car for a few years now and I love them, its time to let you guys in on the fun.

As everyone with a Targa top knows that when you drive with the top off the car feels like a limp noodle, that shakes and shimmy's over every bump. Now I love driving on twisty roads with the top off but hate how the car feels and handles without the roof. These bars tie the widshield and rear roof togeather with two simple bars. With the BIC Targa bars on the car feels just like when the roof is on, no more shakes or shimmys over bumps.

I know you guys are all thinking, why not make it with an X brace or triangulated design?. The goal was to make something that works well, is compact, looks good and priced resonably. Other designs use an X brace design, but what do you do when its not in use?, it takes up all the room in the trunk or back seat. How about when you are on a road trip with the car packed, then it rains....you are stuck with nowhere to put the top. It also "kills" the open top experience with bars hanging over your head, and for tall people these can get in the way of your head!!

The BIC bars are so compact they can fit under your seat, and use they factory Targa tools to attach. They are clean looking and low profile. They will also be made from brushed 304 Stainless steel, this can be polished to a chrome finnish or even painted to match the car color.

If there is enough interest we will make jigs and start producing these on a larger scale. So the question is, who is interested and who would actually buy these?, pricing will definatly be below the other options that have been available.

These Targa bars are now available, the price is $139 plus shipping. We will do an initial run of 10 sets of the original design in stainless steel as shown in the pics below.

The Targa bars are $139 plus $35 shipping ($174 total). You can send paypal to: bicperformance@yahoo.ca . You should see them in about two weeks after placing the order. We will include free BIC decals that you can put on the bars.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by becauseican; February 1st, 2010 at 12:58 PM.

Join the 92 Owners Group

Default Re: TARGA BARS !!, Gauging interest

I'd probably be interested once I find a job again.

I Believe in God - you don't have to

Supramania Regular

For those of us who don't know what the other options cost, what sort of price are we talking about? It's something I might be interested in...
    1989 Supra Turbo Targa *sold....*
    2003 Celica GT TRD *dead*
    2001 Honda Prelude

Project head swap

333k and going strong

Definitely interested, but the cost will play a big part. The other options I've seen have been inflated in cost due to their rarity.

I'd say for anywhere near $100, you'd have my business in a heartbeat. Much more than that and I've have to weigh the option more carefully.

Supramania Regular
    X: -8102600m Y: 5085800m Lat: 41:41:13N (41.6868) Lon: 72:47:17W (-72.788)

I'd prefer a removable X-brace with the capability to install the roof directly over it. Only way I'd buy targa bars.

Edit: Wish someone would produce an exact replica of the do-luck floor bar

C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKERRRRR

ugh...too many things to buy...so little money. yes, but not right now.
    88 Red Supra Turbo Auto (my first supra)...now KNOCKIN' on heavens door...

Currently: selling my car and some upgrades to pay for life
    Future plans: Rebuild Thread...shooting for between 4-500hp...

2010 Civic
    97 Venture..wife's business DD
    anyone need draperies? hah she does 'em.

一番 King

I think you have a good idea going here.. as far as the x-bars go, you made a going point in how their design cuts into the enjoyment they are supposed to provide.

on another note, the idea of a do-luck floor bar seems like it may be marketable as well, especially considering your previous fabbing skills. I would instantly send a deposit for any version you may produce with like functionality. this is beside the point though, rather more food for thought..
    Enjoy following car culture? 'Like' our FB page: Shutokou Syndicate
    or check out our website: Shutokou Syndicate

Advanced Race Technology / The Boost Lab
    JZA70 Aero GT / BW S300/83-75 powered
    7M FREE Zone

Quote Originally Posted by suprahero View Post
    Chris, that isn't glare from the HID's. Everytime a 7m makes it through WOT without blowing up, God sacrifices a star and throws it towards earth.
    Quote Originally Posted by csnow View Post
    When all else fails, follow the manufacturer. What did Toyota do? Did they stay with the 7M? See, that was easy.

Addicted to boost...
    Blog Entries

I'm kind of a freak, so although I am interested, the price would have to be pretty low. I've contemplated building my own weld-in x-brace many times, and probably will within the next year. These would be a great hold-me-over until then, but only if the price is right.

Like I said, I'm kind of a freak. They do look good though.

Targa '88 7M-GTE w/R154

The bad engine is out and the good engine is in, many thanks to Shaeff. Still need to do some minor repairs, replace the entire suspension, and do a lot of clean-up, but she's running!

Quote Originally Posted by StrikeIS
    I'm not really driving my car I just kinda sit in it and pretend like vrooom vrooooom vroooooooooooooooom clank grind knock knock knock knock damn.

I would also be interested in these bars. I was thinking of building a x brace myself, but due to certain sircumstances i will not be able to do that in the near future. The price would play a big part in my decision. Plus, all the shipping costs to me, because i'm far away .
    7M-GTE inside. Lithuania, Klaipeda.

Supramania Regular

Quote Originally Posted by CTsupra View Post
    I'd prefer a removable X-brace with the capability to install the roof directly over it. Only way I'd buy targa bars.

Edit: Wish someone would produce an exact replica of the do-luck floor bar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan JZ View Post
    I think you have a good idea going here.. as far as the x-bars go, you made a going point in how their design cuts into the enjoyment they are supposed to provide.

on another note, the idea of a do-luck floor bar seems like it may be marketable as well, especially considering your previous fabbing skills. I would instantly send a deposit for any version you may produce with like functionality. this is beside the point though, rather more food for thought..
    im with them!

Those dont look like they should cost much at all. In if the price is right.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast