+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How To Pass CT Emissions Testing Without Fear

Default How To Pass CT Emissions Testing Without Fear

Just simply assure that your vehicle is in great running condition, all emission device installed, and engine properly warmed.

Late 2008 I barely passed because the car was running lean, and an aged sport catalytic converter in play. I passed with NOx just 1 point below limit.

Over the winter of 2008 to 2009, I removed the HKS 550cc injectors and replaced with new PTE 660's (to complement PT61mm turbo), new Catco 3" cat from ebay, removed the full HKS IC setup and replaced with 31X12X3 IC and custom piping.

For emission testing Nov. 2009, I zeroed all the settings on the AFC, dial all knobs on the VPC to 12 O'clock, verified that all emission device were properly functioning, and set the AFPR to 30 PSI with vac. hose connected.

Off to test station with no perturbation or angst, engine warmed, and voila, car passed with aplomb

Now, maybe I'll turn up the boost and see how the car performs again..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BlackDevilSupra; December 22nd, 2009 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Correct type of Catalytic Convertor = "CATCO"

Like FAtHer Like SoN

Default Re: How To Pass CT Emissions Testing Without Fear

They are still testing cars under 1996 for ct?

Addicted to boost...
    Blog Entries

Sniffers?

Targa '88 7M-GTE w/R154

The bad engine is out and the good engine is in, many thanks to Shaeff. Still need to do some minor repairs, replace the entire suspension, and do a lot of clean-up, but she's running!

Quote Originally Posted by StrikeIS
    I'm not really driving my car I just kinda sit in it and pretend like vrooom vrooooom vroooooooooooooooom clank grind knock knock knock knock damn.

The Name's Chunks

In NY they test cars 24 years and newer, 96 and up gets plugged in, 95 and older is dyno and sniffer.

Well this is as of a couple years ago when i had my license.

'89 Turbo Targa 2JZGE, BC272, 6466, 8860, Cobra BBK, E85, TH350. 516WHP/421WTQ@20PSI
    My build thread
    JZ Power steering fitting and More For Sale

Addicted to boost...
    Blog Entries

Wow, that sucks. Upstate, they plug in cars from 96 and after, but 95 or older only get a visual inspection. If it looks like you have a cat, and it looks like your exhaust is complete, you're golden.

Targa '88 7M-GTE w/R154

The bad engine is out and the good engine is in, many thanks to Shaeff. Still need to do some minor repairs, replace the entire suspension, and do a lot of clean-up, but she's running!

Quote Originally Posted by StrikeIS
    I'm not really driving my car I just kinda sit in it and pretend like vrooom vrooooom vroooooooooooooooom clank grind knock knock knock knock damn.

I've never been to California and I've never experienced the EPA rules their, but from my experience here in CT it sure does feel like the eastern extension of CA .
    The technician performed both visual and the roller / sniffer test; check gas cap for vacuum, popped hood to check for emission devices, and then the roller.

C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKERRRRR

okayyyyyyy.....anyone with CT specific info?...as requested.

i just failed my emissions yesterday...now searching the forums and inspecting/troubleshooting/getting codes to see whats wrong...

Hydrocarbons were 333ppm, limit is 167. CO was 7.25%, limit is .53. NOx was 53ppm, limit is 1167.

from what i have gathered so far - i'm most likely running rich. so i'm hoping codes will shed some more light tomorrow....sry, not trying to threadjack - just looking for CT specific info related to topic. thanks.
    88 Red Supra Turbo Auto (my first supra)...now KNOCKIN' on heavens door...

Currently: selling my car and some upgrades to pay for life
    Future plans: Rebuild Thread...shooting for between 4-500hp...

2010 Civic
    97 Venture..wife's business DD
    anyone need draperies? hah she does 'em.

i went to newlondon put 50$ in the ashtray and told the portorican testing it "its yours if you pass it" the thing sat running on the dyno until it passed exactly at the limit, it did take a while

Supramania Regular

^LOL that works!

1988 TOYOTA SUPRA 93,XXX on chassis & counting...........................................................
    1.5JZ, HKS 264 Cams and much more
    12.7 @ 117 untuned 20 psi 2013 - Fastest time to date - need better tires too much spin horrible 60ft
    480 rwhp 423 lb ft of tq

Going for broke

Heh my 1jz passed CT emissions with no problem. Wayyyy under the limits. Thankfully they didn't pop the hood.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast