+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1zzfe coil kit

Happy as hell :D
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 1zzfe coil kit

Yes it is for the coils. What else would it be for?
    Project Clean 87 Build Thread
    http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40754

Engine built and tuned by Bill Bowering @ Independent Speed Shop in Langley, B.C.
    http://indy-speed.com/

BD Machine

why? do the coils need more amps then the stock wiring can supply?
    Admin- AZSupraCentral

you can build anything...you just need lots of money...and a Billy...

...flat black...Deal with it...Learn to appreciate it...Flat black says serious...It says Mad Max...It says "you can take your shiny little show car and stuff it up my 3-inch titanium exhaust."

...It also comes in a can...

Blog Entries

I have no clue. I suck at electrical and I didn't design this kit.
    Last edited by becauseican; February 25th, 2011 at 08:54 PM.

Engine built and tuned by Bill Bowering @ Independent Speed Shop in Langley, B.C.

Formerly zerocool

you think you could get Bill Bowering to chime in?
    -Clint
    1994 Black Supra TT 6spd BPU
    2008 Black WRX, Turbo, 5spd
    2009 Silver Matrix XRS, auto, stock

Admin @ Azsupracentral.com

[DreamerTheresa] 6:45 pm: because I am TOTALLY -+ NOT +- DOWN with someone's hand up my ass.
    [mc_h] 6:45 pm:
    [Zerocool] 6:45 pm: orly
    [Tanya] 6:45 pm: oh lawd
    [Zerocool] 6:45 pm: wat

Blog Entries

I'm not sure if I can. When I spoke to Bill the other day about this kit he said that since it is Randy's kit he didn't really want to get involved with it (unless he had Randy's permission). I'm amazed that Randy has yet to chime in on this, especially since it is in his section.

I am here now guys, I didnt notice that this thread had taken off again in the last few days. First off let me clarify, BIC Performance worked with Bill to develop this, however it is a BIC product. So if you are interested in purchasing this kit please conatct BIC Performance directly.

When we designed this kit we wanted it to be the simplest and most straight forward install for the end user, so instead of dealing with the old stock (thin guage) wiring that was not designed to run the coils in this way, we opted to use a seperate relay and fuse to power the coils. The really simplifies the install as and uses the least amount of old stock wiring as possible. The install should only take a few hours as there is less than 10 wires to splice into the ignitor harness, power and ground and the removal and installation of the coils them selves. We are not going to release all of the wiring information and details here on an open forum as we have allot of R&D into this setup. We do include a full set of instructions with wiring info and well as full customer support with the kit when you purchase it from us.

These coils cannot be used with the stock ecu or ignitor setup...at least not very easily. The Toyota Ignitor is the weak point in the stock ignition system, and add a set of 20+ year old coils which are 9 times out of 10 cracked down the shaft and at the mounting points, makes for a weak spark that usually can not cope well with cylinder pressures much above 16-17 psi. The 1zz / 2zz coils also offer a much higher voltage spark than the stock coils, which really helps with high boost applications. For example we have run up to 28 psi boost with an .030 spark plug gap !!! If you have the stock ecu and do not plan on upgrading to an EMS we definatly reccomend getting a new set of stock coils and you will be good to go. However if you are using a standalone engine management system and having spark issues this is a great upgrade as it also elliminates the factory ignitor, and most EMS's have the ability to adjust the dwell and can support "smart" coils. These coils can also be setup as waste spark if your EMS doesnt support full sequential ignition, it will have to be wired a little diferently but its not a big deal.

The basic BIC 1ZZ coil system includes the custom Aluminum mounting system, loomed and labled wiring harness, instrustions with diagrams and all neccissary hardware to mount the coils. The price for this is $349 plus shipping.

The full BIC 1ZZ ignition system includes everything needed for the a complete high performance ignition system, we will even throw in a FREE set of spark plugs. The mounting system, loomed and labled wire harness as well as 6 new OEM spec ignition coils for only $969 plus shipping.

I will get some pics up later today.
    Please PM me or contact us by email if you would like to place an order.

Randy@ BIC Performance
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by becauseican; February 25th, 2011 at 08:53 PM.

Lurker

Could these be ran with a map 2 ecu set up ?

Supramania Regular
    Blog Entries

I doubt it can be run with a MAP ECU. The MAP ECU is an advanced piggyback.

You will need a full standalone ems to control these, 6 cyl sequential capable would be best.

Lurker

Yea i figured that............ I have about 30 of these coil packs on hand I would really like to do the upgrade though........Just cant afford the stand alone right now.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast