+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: May 2010 Meet

Banned Scammer

Default Re: May 2010 Meet

We would def appreciate a sticky!

Scott is still around, we hear from him every so often. He's having fun w/ his Silvia

Zombie Chicks Are Hot

Well, I do know that All Aspect Motorsports has a very accurate dyno, and they give good discounts for Dyno Days. Not to mention the guys there have always been good from what I've seen.
    They are located on Battlefield Blvd, near Mount Pleasant, so they are out there. It would be a good location to cruise to from, say, Lynnhaven Mall. As for the date, I think the 15th of May sounds great so far.
    I will definitely have my maroon beauty ready waaay before then. And do it right this time.

Reviving the BEAST... Black 1988 7mgte - .040" over - 60 Trim - 3" Exhaust - Fully Rebuilt by My Hand

Douchemeister

You should just stop saying you'll have it finished and just show up... haha not to be harsh, but, you've been saying all 3 or your cars would be done at a certain time.
    "2 Doors....Too mainstream..."

PA Mountain Supra

I will tread off topic for a word of wisdom.

nghty, I have not had the pleasure of meeting you in person, but I am certain that you will in fact be at the meet in May.

Here is what I have gathered from following your posts concerning your previous builds. It seems that perhaps you set your goals far too high initially.

Instead of planning to build the ultimate MK III why not do it in steps? Take care of what "NEEDS" done first. Then move on to the mods you wish to undertake.

Setting goals that are too high is an indication of youth and eagerness. Nothing wrong with it, other than the fact that the goal is seldom reached. Set the goal lower, do it right.

We all must walk before we can run ^^

Good luck with your new ride, see you in May.

Zombie Chicks Are Hot

Of course we all walk before we run. And those of us that try it in reverse do tend to fall. My comment was not meant as 'the ultimate mkiii', but more as a running correctly mkiii. Don't worry, I understand my mistake with the 89. It was a good/bad idea. And trading it was one of the most idiotic things to do. But starting it in the first place was probably a worse idea, versus doing a clean 7m and taking it in steps.

Let's just say I've changed from the point when I began with my first supra. As for the nova, it runs, and I decided to leave it because it gets me around until it is sold or the supra is running.

Now, of course I take constructive criticism in stride because it is necessary to understand what we did wrong and how to fix it, but for the sake of the thread.. can we please keep my personal failures and advice to pm's? The embarrassment and self-criticism is enough to keep me from repeats of my past.

And of course I look forward to meeting all of you that I missed at any previous meets due to a heavy work schedule.

So, any thoughts on my suggestion of All Aspects and the long-ish cruising route there?

Reviving the BEAST... Black 1988 7mgte - .040" over - 60 Trim - 3" Exhaust - Fully Rebuilt by My Hand

Banned Scammer

Quote Originally Posted by Nghty89 View Post

Of course we all walk before we run. And those of us that try it in reverse do tend to fall. My comment was not meant as 'the ultimate mkiii', but more as a running correctly mkiii. Don't worry, I understand my mistake with the 89. It was a good/bad idea. And trading it was one of the most idiotic things to do. But starting it in the first place was probably a worse idea, versus doing a clean 7m and taking it in steps.

Let's just say I've changed from the point when I began with my first supra. As for the nova, it runs, and I decided to leave it because it gets me around until it is sold or the supra is running.

Now, of course I take constructive criticism in stride because it is necessary to understand what we did wrong and how to fix it, but for the sake of the thread.. can we please keep my personal failures and advice to pm's? The embarrassment and self-criticism is enough to keep me from repeats of my past.

And of course I look forward to meeting all of you that I missed at any previous meets due to a heavy work schedule.

So, any thoughts on my suggestion of All Aspects and the long-ish cruising route there?
    We will think about All Aspects... We already have another shop in mind plus location.

aka, Turd Furguson

I am coming back from S. Korea on March 26th. That will hopefully give me enough time to finish my 1UZ swap, with some help from friends. I think a dyno is a good idea and maybe go somewhere else afterward.

Uncle Sam wants you!.....to speak English!

Zombie Chicks Are Hot

Which shop Apple?

Sounds good Dustin, good luck out there. If you need help, I actually have learned a thing or two you know. Then again, Josh wouldn't have his car together and almost ready to run if I didnt...

PA Mountain Supra

Jordan and Glenn

I wish I could help out more with the planning, but the territory is not known to me. I do wish more would chime in on the Date though.

Banned Scammer

Quote Originally Posted by Nghty89 View Post
    Which shop Apple?

Sounds good Dustin, good luck out there. If you need help, I actually have learned a thing or two you know. Then again, Josh wouldn't have his car together and almost ready to run if I didnt...
    A place out Yorktown. We got it under control... Mark has a link to that shop so we are going to try and work that. If plans change on location, we will def use All Aspects as a start.
    Im hoping we get appreciate
    Quote Originally Posted by Davismj711 View Post
    Jordan and Glenn

I wish I could help out more with the planning, but the territory is not known to me. I do wish more would chime in on the Date though.
    Its cool man. We appreciate everything you do.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast