+ Reply to Thread
Page 277 of 397 FirstFirst ... 177227267273274275276277278279280281287327377 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,770 of 3969

Thread: San antonio

Default Re: San antonio

Had a gentleman come in to UHaul a couple days back, started talking cars, come to find out that he owns a MKIII with a 1JZ swap, so I gave him the forum info
    A fanboy looks at other vehicles with a closed mind, while a true enthusiast respects a good motor or vehicle regardless of the make... ~My Father

Supramania Regular

Cool, we'll look forward to seeing him here.

Anyone have an extra manifold sitting around by any chance. I have a blown turbo and using a extra one I have sitting here and found my manifold has a small crack.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by justbeinfrank View Post
    Anyone have an extra manifold sitting around by any chance. I have a blown turbo and using a extra one I have sitting here and found my manifold has a small crack.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2
    Not here. Just had that exact issue about a month ago. I'll keep a look out when I'm at the junk yards.
    WORK IN PROGRESS
    88 Grey Supra Turbo
    stock at the moment
    plan on a 7M- powered 400hp sled (that will take forever since i have kids and they want to go to college and i dont want to be the bad dad and say no because i want to build a fast car and.......sorry)

Supramania Regular

I'm gonna be putting in a new manifold in this weekend, ill let you guys know what the old one looks like if you guys are interested

Well I've had my car back on the road for about 2wks and she felt like crap when accelerating. Kept getting the code 52 for knock sensor. I tried just splicing the first two feet after the knock sensor with no luck. Finally decided to replace the wire all the way back to the ecu. Found some stranded sheild wire at Altex for $10 for 20ft of wire (was kinda tricky finding the wire in stranded....most vendors in town went to solid copper centers). Reset EFI system and went for a drive. Drove like a champ. No bogging down as code 52 retards timing. Car has more bite now even with a turbo thats on it last leg.
    WORK IN PROGRESS
    88 Grey Supra Turbo
    stock at the moment
    plan on a 7M- powered 400hp sled (that will take forever since i have kids and they want to go to college and i dont want to be the bad dad and say no because i want to build a fast car and.......sorry)

I just installed one. Thank you guys. On another note some one just gave me an old diesel mercedes. Trying to decide if I'm going to make it my daily apparently these things get around 30mpg. I'll get some pics up soon just trying to clean it out it has some bad oxidation and rust.

Sent from my electronic device (as if it really matters)

Supramania Regular

I took mine for a little ride around the block. It shifted good so that makes me happy. I still need to take care of a couple of thing. The brakes are still not working right. I need to adjust my tps so that my idle returns back to 800 rpms. It idles a little high after I accelerate. Other then that I should be able to bring her home to San Antonio. then all that's left is to get my exhaust installed.

I've noticed that i don't hear the blowoff valve when I'm being a little heavy on the throttle. Can a bad blow off valve give me boosting issues? Does the stock blow off sound @ least a little? I don't hear squat....it will also act like it wants to die when i let off the gas after punchin it hard.

Ok...did a search on blowoff valves and went and tested mine. It's bad. The check was to blow into the valve. If it leaked air coming from the throttle body (3000 pipe) its bad. So I'm guessing i'll go be fine as long as i dont boost it until i get a new valve. Also the thread indicates it's probably my reason for the stumble at high rpm/boosting.
    Last edited by satx88supra; August 23rd, 2012 at 10:28 PM.
    WORK IN PROGRESS
    88 Grey Supra Turbo
    stock at the moment

Hey guys I'm in the Austin area! I cruise to sa all the time though. I got a black s13 coupe that I daily drive.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 277 of 397 FirstFirst ... 177227267273274275276277278279280281287327377 ... LastLast