+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Suspension feedback for mk3 coilovers?

CENCAL SUPRAS
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Suspension feedback for mk3 coilovers?

ive heard nothing but good things about stance...affordable and i want them once i start working again...

www.cencalsupras.com
    FS: 1913 MODEL T FORD...$20,000 (MINT) pm me for details
    CHECK OUT MY BUILD

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us

Quote Originally Posted by SupraMario View Post
    I've run the TIEN SS's and they handle like the car is on rails, they are VERY stiff, so if your looking for comfort don't go with them.
    I felt the same way, and I ended up selling mine and buying Tein Flex's. These combined with whiteline sway bars give me both great handling and a comfortable ride. I also run the EDFC for adjustable ride quality.

The spring rate of the SS are 100% stiffer than stock, while the Flex's are 50% stiffer, according to their website.

What do you consider affordable? I got my set of Tein Flex's for about $1100 installed. The stance is ajustable.

Anyone run Megan track series on their MK3?

One istall question for Tein Flex. I just mounted them on the car as soon as I got them (havnt driven the car yet). And a friend have been turning on one of the adjusting screws on the top. He doesnt know how many clicks he made 1-16 or if it was clockwise or counterclockwise Is there anyway to reset them or to know at which level they are at right now??

Supramania Regular

I have Tien SS. The ride is great at freeway speed but on the street you feel every little crevice in the road. The spring rates are 16/8, so twice as much than a stock supra. With stock supension and tiens recommended settings im having trouble keeping the ass end comming loose in a corner. If the surface is uneven such as a root under the road the b ack just hops over it . Its to the point where if im in a twisty and i feel the front compress i just automatically countersteer. I also dont like how short the travel is compared to say eibachs.

When i buy a new set of coilovers i will go with the stiff sway, soft spring setup. I got the tiens for cheap so im just dealing with it until i get something better.
    | 7MGE-T | Rebuilt Steel Center W58 | ACT HD 6-Puck | Ford Carrier Bearing | 3.73 LSD | DM DP | MBC @ 12PSI | Cone Filter | HKS D2 Sport Exhaust | Tien SS Coilovers | Energy Bushings | Brembo Rotors | EBC Redstuff | Goodridge Lines | ATE Super Blue |
    [NA-T 7M][CenCalSupras]

WANTED:
    -Aftermarket radiator
    -3in Metallic Cat
    -Better MBC

Quote Originally Posted by tekdeus View Post
    I felt the same way, and I ended up selling mine and buying Tein Flex's. These combined with whiteline sway bars give me both great handling and a comfortable ride. I also run the EDFC for adjustable ride quality.

The spring rate of the SS are 100% stiffer than stock, while the Flex's are 50% stiffer, according to their website.
    How is this setup? I realize its been a while, but this would give me an idea as to quality over a longer period vs (that new thing appeal).
    I was thinking of this exact setup, becuase i love the EDFC feature and whitelines are great.
    Can you give any comparisons to other cars you have ridden in with different coils? Thanks a bunch

Dang Dude! No Way Man.

Just looking at the ss they look rather useless. they also look like there adjust the ride height with spring compression which makes you lose shock travel. Wouldnt waste the money.

i run ksport shock with stance springs, they suckkkkk
    saving for stance, or that European company
    91 SUPRA THE RED DRAGON
    06 GSXR 750CC
    2jzgte vvti V161 tranny
    work done by kazien

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234