December 28th, 2005, 01:23 PM
Living the dream...
Clarification on posting rules, etc.
Recently the topic of censorship & content moderation has been a hot button item around here.
The following is the OFFICIAL SupraMania! policy on the matter:
The Off Topic section of this website is, and always has been, "enter at your own risk". This is the only section of this website with very light moderation. With that said, some of the content in the Off Topic section of the site may be "NWS" (not work safe) or VERY offensive to some members. If you are a person who is easily offended, you are advised to stay out of that section of the site.
The rules for the Off Topic section are as follows:
- NO nudes/porn in your posts, links only and only clearly marked NWS
- NO Flame wars
- Keep reposting to a minimum
- Respect a moderators decision during the fate of a thread...any objections to be handled via PM
- Post whoring threads will most likely be deleted
- Political and religious views are accepted..however, please respect somebodys position on the stated topic, if you disagree state so, and be prepared to back up your opinnion. This is a DISCUSSION BOARD not an "I'm right and you're wrong" board.
- Have fun, this is the off topic section, good for letting loose after a frustrating day or sharing your stories after a good one.
- RESPECT ONE ANOTHER, this includes your fellow board members right to hold thier own opinion.
- This is a public forum. Once you make a thread, be prepared for other people to post in it, and possibly ask questions or bring up topics that may seem tangential. You DO NOT own a thread simply because you are the thread starter.
- If you see something in Off Topic that upsets you, we are certain that your keyboard came with a backspace key. Use it.
(Please note that ILLEGAL acts, regardless of location will not be tolerated. Threatening people on a forum is a crime. Remember this.)
All of the other forums throughout the remainder of the site have VERY clear titles that will infom you as to what posts belong in those sections - with that in mind there should NEVER be "NWS", controversial or offensive topics in any area of the site outside of Off Topic. This is your first, last and FINAL warning on the matter.
Signatures are posted everywhere, they should not contain the aforementioned "NWS" or offensive material. If the contents of your signature drag a thread off topic, your signature is therefore off topic. Also, so as not to detract from the readers ability to see the content on this site, no blatently annoying or distracting animated sigs as well. You know what we are talking about. Additionally we may choose to limit the size of signatures as we deem necessary to keep the enjoyment of this community high.
The following are the guidelines to be followed for signatures, they are not strict, but will be enforced as deemed necessary by the site staff, this is for everyone's benefit:
- For signatures without an image, try to keep it to approximately 10-15 lines of regular-sized text. Note that coloured text may not be correctly viewed across our multiple site styles, so it may be best to not use coloured text.
- For signatures with only an image, keep it below 650x225 pixels and below 200KB. Also, do not use Windows Bitmap (.BMP) format.
- For signatures with a combination of an image and text, keep the image below 650x180 pixels and below 200KB. Try to keep your text below 10 lines of regular-sized text. Also, do not use Windows Bitmap (.BMP) format images, and remember that coloured text may not show up properly across all site styles.
Some general suggestions for your perusal as well:
Be Civil - This is a public forum with real people. Respect is still possible, and required among members with differing views.
Don't say anything via this message board that you wouldn't say if the receiving person was standing right in front of you. Visualize that person holding a large axe raised above their head if that will remind you to re-read a post before sending it.
Private Stays Private - Don't forward private replies without permission.
>>I will no longer respond to tech questions via PM. If you have a question, put it on the forum so everyone benefits from the answer.<<
Mike "Nightmare" Donohue
"Stupidity is permanent and often fatal, Ignorance is curable with education..." -- Me
Frequently Asked Supra Questions: Rod Knock - HKS WG Springs - Injector Sizing - What is A/R? - Buy a TSRM - HKS HG FAQ - AFPR - Machinist - Overboring - Vac Diags - Motor Oil - Seafoam - Spark Plugs - Air Filters - V6 vs. I6 - Solder vs. Crimp Connectors - How to make power - Stroker Motors - Unreliable 7M's? - Piston Slap - Home made race fuel - Budgeting a build - Tuning and Vf
Frequently Asked Forum Questions: What will get you banned? - Posting and you - Ideals - Membership - Usage - BBCode - Smiles - Scammers - How to make thumbnails - History
Other Bullshit: Global Warming - Global Warming Facts - Religion & Politics - Collectivism -War On Drugs - Founding fathers were Diests - Religion and The Constitution - Size of the Federal Gov't - Canadian Healthcare - Socialists -European opinons of the U.S. - U.S. standard of living - U.S. - the worlds best customer - Modern Education - A Government created problem - Environmentalism is a big problem - Taxes - Socialism death toll - Can't afford healthcare? - I am my own god - Atlas will shrug - Not paying a "fair share"? - Income taxes are not a necessity - How to succeed, a 60 second lesson - How a liberal approaches facts. - Who is responsible for the financial crisis? - You asked for it. - Understanding Women - Understanding Men - Personal question? Answer is probably here. - Why I carry a gun. - Fuck the rich? - US Politics in a nutshell - The one principle that matters - Why anarchy is a fools errand - This is what it feels like to be me. - Living an awesome life - The crash is coming
Since the beginning of recorded history, which is defined by the invention of writing by the Sumerians around 6,000 years ago, historians have cataloged over 3700 supernatural beings, of which 2870 can be considered deities. I donít believe in 2,870 gods, and you donít believe in 2,869. You're nearly as much of an Atheist as I am.
Government is a good thing: Through correct principles, I govern myself.
Public Notice: Contrary to popular belief, I do not consider everybody who disagrees with me to have brain damage. Those who don't have brain damage will be able to explain and justify their points of view in a logically defensible way. That's the way the Rational Discourse game is played. If you don't want to play the Rational Discourse Game, don't expect anybody (least of all me) to take you seriously.
Originally Posted by jetjock