View RSS Feed

BuBBaStuBs

The Joys of finding out what the PO of you car hadn't done to your car.

Rate this Entry
Today I decided to finally look at the knock sensors on the supra to see if there was any visible reason for the code 52 showing up on the dash. well as I happened to find out tonight... it was because the previous owner had the engine rebuild from what they said and did not happen to plug the KS wires back in.

Going to be looking into how to hook them back up if the connectors are still there tomorrow if the weather hold up.

Submit "The Joys of finding out what the PO of you car hadn't done to your car." to Digg Submit "The Joys of finding out what the PO of you car hadn't done to your car." to del.icio.us Submit "The Joys of finding out what the PO of you car hadn't done to your car." to StumbleUpon Submit "The Joys of finding out what the PO of you car hadn't done to your car." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Keep your chin up man, this is relatively minor. I found out one of the previous owners of my car had been t-boned about 10 years before I bought the car. Badly too. Unfortunately, I didn't bother to do the carfax thing first and find this out...
    Yeah, this is pretty minor. I didn't look over the underside of my car very well, and the passenger side (the bad side) was parked right up next to a flower bed, so it was difficult to see the rocker panel on that side. That rocker panel is mostly rusted through. Turns out the previous owner was not a fan of washing his car in the winter.. I've repaired most of the rust in the car, but I left the rocker panel. I'll leave that to a frame shop. I do have a spare (lol....) rocker panel sitting in the shed for it too.
    Dont feel bad , i jus brought my car up from atlanta and brought it to ny to do an engine change and found out that the PO only put 1 bold into the driveshaft............ LUCKILY I DIDNT KILL MYSELF ON MY 150MPH+ RUN
Links monetized by VigLink