Powered by Team Mondor
  • Original Supra reviews

Take notice of the preproduction ringer, the worn in production examples, and what high heat does to testing. MA70 only.

I don't have all of them. Some are incomplete. If others have originals, not the 54th copy of the April '89 Car &Driver, I wouldn't mind them being added in. Enjoy.

1986.5 production model, Car and Driver

How about a turbo 7MGE from Cartech

Production 87 Turbo Car and Driver

TRD Supra Turbo, 1988

The last two I think are a good description of the MA70 Supra. Not so much a sports car, as a luxury GT. Muscle meets manners. I just wished some of you liked this car as much as I do. It goes along with the original description of buttery smooth. The quietest engine they ever tested. Ample torque and free reving engine.

Road and Track 1989 Turbo

Motor Trend 1991

This article was originally published in forum thread: Original Supra reviews started by Nick M View original post
    Comments 4 Comments
      Backlash2032 -
      Since when are stock brakes fade free? :P
      ihateu3 -
      Thats what I don't get, why does everyone on this site try to make a luxo barge into a sports car? I don't get it, maybe its because they are extremely super cheap and say "Supra". But you can enjoy them as the oddball they are, they don't have to be gutted chasing the dream of speed, they can be respected as what they are! If speed is what you want why even waste the effort and money, there are much better platforms than the MA70... Actually all 3 of the MA70's siblings are a better platform for speed if you want it to still say the magical words "Supra"!
      Typhoon -
      If you have fade problems with stock brakes, either you can't drive, your brakes are in poor shape, or you need a Ferrari.
      IJ. -
      Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon View Post
      If you have fade problems with stock brakes, either you can't drive, your brakes are in poor shape, or you need a Ferrari.
      Stock brakes 2 stops for 200Kmh = no brakes...

Flush and replace fluid and it got 4 stops before no brakes...

They just don't have the Mass needed for repeated high speed stops and boil even the best fluid.

My Mk4 DBA5000/4000 combination with the AP 4 spots and Motul fluid did 55 corners pushing hard before it faded.
      (logged with the MoTeC)
  • Supramania Member Deals