View RSS Feed

Kai

1. So i went and got a Volvo...

...although it's not a very sensible one!

So, the story unfolds kinda like this; I got my licence back in August after passing the extended driving test (woo!), but i needed a car as the bus just wasn't cutting it any more. My friend sherif, at the time, had just been promoted to field sales from telesales, and got a company car along with the post. With a company car, the Volvo he'd just bought was superfluous to requirements. So, to help us both out, i have the car on long term loan. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Happiness

I found myself asking the question 'am i happy?' the last few nights - i'm still not entirely sure how to answer it. If you look at it on paper, i should be happy. I have a roof over my head. I have money coming in on a regular basis, enough for food, rent, bills and 'fun stuff' from time to time. I'm back in a country where i can speak the language fluently, where i don't have to drive to go to the cinema/pubs etc. I'm no longer isolated from my friends, i get to go places every few weeks that ...
    Categories
    Ramblings
  3. So it's been just over a year so far...

...since i moved back to the UK, to the flat in brighton that my Friend owns. Over the last 12 months, it's been a real rollercoaster ride for me - there are lots of things i miss, being back here, but at the same time, there are still more positives to the move than negatives.

First of all...i miss my kitties. They're too old to be chipped and shipped, and living on the 3rd floor of a building with no garden access would be cruel to them, after having had acres of green land and wildlife ...
    Categories
    Ramblings
  4. I'm definitely getting older...

Not that long ago, i'd get defensive any time mentioned my size/weight, lash out and swear, get pissed off about it. After an incredibly pointless argument this evening that started as the result of an innocuous throwaway comment over a grade of oil, i've realised that i actually don't give a crap about what people call me anymore.

You want to call me fat? Oh wow, that's soooo original! How ever did you think of that? What are you, 10? I'm actually surprised the people that act so poorly ...
    Categories
    Ramblings
  5. Fuck the critics!

Okay, a little bit of background for you - Monday night, i went to see Pacific Rim. I've been looking forward to it ever since i saw the trailers. I went into it expecting to see fucking huge robots smacking the shit out of fucking huge monsters. I got exactly that. The plot is interesting, a nice twist on the old Godzilla -type 'monsters wreck the shit out of the city' pictures - Idris Elba on the big screen is good enough for me. Having said that - it's not complicated in any way. It's fairly ...
    Categories
    Ramblings
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Links monetized by VigLink