Blog Comments

Filled up last night, the 11th fill-up this month. My car now has about 152,300. How the hell did I do about 4000 miles this month so far?
    Did another 350 miles of driving today and passed the 150k mile mark (or 41k+ miles since I bought it). Gotta change the oil tomorrow.
    With the 3-cylinder 5-speed 2-door Metro's like mine but using the A/C you can get 33-40 MPG. It all depends on how you drive. Your driving habits will affect your mileage the most. If you're driving the Metro hard like a race car, doing 70-75 MPH (that's as fast as you'd want to push it, trust me), and constantly using the A/C you'd probably get 30 MPG. But if you were to drive the same car doing 55 MPH, driving gentle, shifting early, and never using the A/C (I just roll down my windows, rarely turn on the air, and use the vent option) you can get 45-55 MPG. Sweating isn't a bad thing.

At speeds above 40 MPH I roll down the windows no more than an inch each and use the vent option on the climate control system. I'm fairly comfortable but my passengers always complain about it being too hot since they aren't used to sweating.
    They are pretty spacious. I have 4 passengers in mine right now (they only seat 4 legally). Yes they do have room for a car seat. Some do have A/C, although using it kills the mileage.
    btw i get 400-450 miles a tank in my supra not 2 bad on gas but i do miss my gfs old corolla
    i want a geo metro too..

how is the space?

is there enough room for a car seat? And do they have ac?
    FML! As I pulled into the parking lot of Bill's shop today I hit a piece 1" wide of steel with my left rear tire. When I got out of the car I heard the tire hissing. 2 minutes later it was completely flat on the rim. As a result of combined frustration I ended up kicking the hubcap, causing me a lot of pain and swelling in my big toe (not broken though). $62 later for a new tire...

The beauty that destroyed my new tire

Thanks. Doc told me a 2-3 week recovery. I used to have a 94 Metro, same configuration. That thing was a death trap you could barely squeeze into.
    Oh bummer man, hope all goes well with your surgery. I myself have a rather large (about the size of a grape) cyst on my cheek that grew back after the last doctor cut it open when attempting removal the first time. Still need to get that scheduled to be removed soon...

As for the car, had a friend with an old Metro hatchback, was so much fun, the thing was like a little roller skate.
    Quote Originally Posted by honestabe
    I used to have a 2001 Camry and that's when I really realized just how much I drive. I put on 12k miles on it in 6 months IIRC. Don't get me wrong, I love driving my Supra, but I just can't afford to drive it much. My Geo is actually pretty comfortable (not as comfortable as the Supra of course) so it's not that bad really. Only thing I don't like about it is all the road noise (very little sound insulation to save weight).

If I had cash to burn (in this case literally) you can bet I'd still be driving my Camry. But atleast with my Metro I don't have to worry about body damage (including the recent accident that I got T-boned in and caused a minor dent on the drivers door and front fender), maintenance/insurance is dirt cheap, and I can use it as a taxi to make a few extra dollars.

Right now I'm a flat broke unemployed former college student who is waiting to have a decent sized tumor removed from my throat. Once I get my surgery I won't be able to work for atleast 2-3 weeks. If all goes well I'll have my surgery this time next week and get paid to recover through the VA (much much needed money). I can't even apply for a job right now due to my throat.
    O damn, GL man. I'm building my Rolla to turn the supra into a sunday cruise bucket. Nashville Roads are tearing the poopra apart
    I used to have a 2001 Camry and that's when I really realized just how much I drive. I put on 12k miles on it in 6 months IIRC. Don't get me wrong, I love driving my Supra, but I just can't afford to drive it much. My Geo is actually pretty comfortable (not as comfortable as the Supra of course) so it's not that bad really. Only thing I don't like about it is all the road noise (very little sound insulation to save weight).

If I had cash to burn (in this case literally) you can bet I'd still be driving my Camry. But atleast with my Metro I don't have to worry about body damage (including the recent accident that I got T-boned in and caused a minor dent on the drivers door and front fender), maintenance/insurance is dirt cheap, and I can use it as a taxi to make a few extra dollars.

Right now I'm a flat broke unemployed former college student who is waiting to have a decent sized tumor removed from my throat. Once I get my surgery I won't be able to work for atleast 2-3 weeks. If all goes well I'll have my surgery this time next week and get paid to recover through the VA (much much needed money). I can't even apply for a job right now due to my throat.
    Quote Originally Posted by te72
    Considering how much you drive you'd be a fool to own a 20mpg car as your DD, but I've rather enjoyed DD'ing the Supra all these years.

Probably couldn't have afforded it when I was living in Arizona though...
    I do have to say that, I too also enjoy driving my Supra as a DD, 7+ years now.
    Considering how much you drive you'd be a fool to own a 20mpg car as your DD, but I've rather enjoyed DD'ing the Supra all these years.

Probably couldn't have afforded it when I was living in Arizona though...
    LOL, no. That is a Buick Grand National motor IIRC. My car is 99% bone stock, and is the newer body style (that is the old one).

Little update, just passed the 39k mile mark today. Yes, I've driven my Metro over 39k miles in just 14 1/2 months.

Is this you?
    Here's the link to my fuel log on ecomodder.com

http://ecomodder.com/forum/em-fuel-l...vehicleid=3867
    A Pathfinder for only 900? Did it run?
    i got a brand new jc penny pin stiped suit from value village! and ross is awesome, thats were i get some awesome shoes
    Nope, black with a dark grey pinstripe jacket and slacks.

Turns out I didn't do as good of a job cleaning my EGR valve as I thought, so I am soaking it right now in Seafoam (although not the diaphram). I also added a lower lip to the front of my Geo today, it actually looks pretty good.
    Better be purple pinstripe with a silk undershirt.
Links monetized by VigLink