Blog Comments

was more than ur ride. my van has a 35 gallon tank, which had to b filled more than twice! not including tolls which spike up with more axles! not including grub for me and my son who made the trek with his dear old dad. i could go on but i think i made my point. ur glass of milk is 3qrtrs. full
    Just bought my 4th Sup. Lost my last 91 sunroof burgundy baby in feb. snowstorm and summer tires are a reciepe for disaster. goodbye 3000 dollar ride (my 3rd) had the car for 6mos. clean as hell by the way. now my fourth Sup which was towed from D.C. to brooklyn on a transporter from Uhaul, i purchased with a bad motor not running for 1200. with rust and bad paint. my transportation cost ALONE
    Rust free Supra chassis are a rare occurrence up near me. I paid $1000 for a rolling chassis with a transmission in the hatch and no motor. It's got no rust. I'm plenty happy with that.

For $300 you should have inspected it better. Caveat Emptor. If you buy a bum car, the blame lies on your shoulders for not looking through every bit of it with a fine toothed comb.
    ^ I guess i forget how well built these cars are.

Well built is just a fancy way of saying heavy. Sounds better though!
    I just got $556 bucks at the scrap yard for my gutted interior n/a. If the chassis is really tweaked so bad that it cant be revived then its still a good parts car. Strip it completely and scrap the shell. Youll gain money i promise you.
    I just sold an r154 trans alone for $350, more than what you paid for an entire car.
    Check the head for softness.
    I guess im starting to see the good in this.. Im starting to realize what a good investment buying this car was, and now i have a head to rework while my other car is still on the road.

I guess i overreacted
    I'm with everybody else... it's a parts car for $300.
    If he told you there was a hole in the block and the engine was trash would you have still bought it? And how do you know the chassis is tweaked? Measured your reference points with a tram guage, or is it really bad to where you can eyeball it and see it's really off? And if you could plainly see that then you bought it knowing it's "bent".
    There has to be EASILY more than 300 bucks worth of parts on that car, regardless of all else thats whack with it.
    The rest of the car is not good! And sourcing an engine in the middle of nowhere where everyone despises imports is not the simplest of tasks.

The interior is wrecked, the frame is bent, engine is blown, turbo has tons of shaft play.
    You got a $300 targa car and you're pissed because the engine is shot? After the guy told you it had rod knock? I'm lost...looks like you got a steal...$300 for a shell is cheap. I just bought an 88 Turbo, without an engine/Trans/interior for $500, its a hard top and has good paint and a no rust body...so dunno why you are mad that you got a bad block but the rest of the car is good for $300.
    Okay sorry, it was butt fucked too, so the chassis is bad aswell.
    So you are trippin because you got a $300 rolling chassis that looked good? What were you expecting for $300? if anything you got a great deal.... Go find an engine and start your build instead of crying over nothing.....
Links monetized by VigLink