PDA

View Full Version : My Goals

TurboSupra7
October 28th, 2005, 10:12 AM
Well, I am finally coming to a finish on my autox car, a 91 RX7 TurboII, and will soon focus some cash flow towards the Supra once I put the finishing touches on the seven.

I want to stick with the 7m engine with moderate power (350rwhp should do). It already has 3 inch exhaust straight through, but the previous owner put some cheapass ractive muffler on it. Honestly it doesn't sound terrible, but I want that true Supra sound. What muffler, and possibly presilencer, do you guys recommend to obtain that beautiful sound?
I'm sure I'll need at least a Walbro fuel pump and maybe Aeromotive FPR. Should I bump up to some 550 injectors or stick with stock?

Also, that stock turbo looks pretty beastly, can it safely handle my demands? I would hate to have to spend all that money on a crazy turbo setup if I really don't need to.

I'm not trying to go all out, I just want a bit more from it.

One more thing, the previous owner installed some aftermarket springs, I think he said they are B+G or something, all I know is that they're red lol. I want to get some new struts, any recommendations?

Sorry about the long post I'm just starting to love this car more and more each day!

mtoxracerfss
October 28th, 2005, 02:32 PM
you would definitely have to send your turbo out to be upgraded...$450...but your cars down for a week or 2. Ive heard an upgraded turbo can handle 500hp.

TurboSupra7
October 30th, 2005, 12:47 AM
I've heard that the stock turbo can handle more than most people push it to. Any other opinions?

GrimJack
October 30th, 2005, 02:11 AM
Hmmm... there is this wonderful thread in the FAQ section that explains exactly what is required to hit what HP levels. It's a bit out of date, as you can likely replace the fuel pump / injectors / fuel computer and replace it with a MAFT, but it's still a damn fine guide.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17

lintlars
October 30th, 2005, 03:57 AM
Yellow Konis are some of the best struts you can get Ive beat mine for the past 6 years and they have held up to my abuse. As far as springs go im not sure about the B&G springs but stay away from ST springs they are softer than the stock spring rates Eibach make a nice set that are firmer than stock so ya wont bottom out like me when ya hit a bump.

mkIIIman089
October 30th, 2005, 06:03 AM
The stock turbo from my findings (not upgraded) really runs out of steam from 5800-6500 RPM. It just kind of dies off at the end, so a bolt on I think would be your best bet (smallest SP or BOSS turbo should do, and it'll be a lot more reliable then a upgraded CT)

TurboSupra7
October 30th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Great info guys!
GrimJack thanks for the link that is very helpful!
Well I guess I'll push the turbo to it's limits and change when necessary :)