PDA

View Full Version : Boost Question

RedTurbo
October 13th, 2005, 01:33 PM
I just purchased a PIT BCU+ and am installing it within the next couple days and i was wondering if it would be acceptable for me to run 10-12psi with the stock injectors and FC in place? Is there a chance it could run too lean? Has anyone else had any experience with this BC.
Thanks,
Josh M.

souprat
October 13th, 2005, 02:15 PM
if anything happens you will hit fuel cut. then just turn down the boost alittle. what did you mean when you said you had FC in place? FC= fuel cut most of the time, not something you have in place, something the ecu does when its runing alittle lean to protect the engine.

RedTurbo
October 15th, 2005, 08:57 AM
What i meant was i have no FC Defencer, AFM, or any other product to displace the activation of the FC. I know all about FC since i bought a faulty MBC so i'd hit fuel cut in every gear :icon_frow. But i was wondering if anyone has noticed excessive wear, fouled sensors, etc. by running 10-12psi daily.

souprat
October 15th, 2005, 12:04 PM
then the answer is no. shouldnt be a problem at all. planing on doing the same thing when i get home and put my turbo in(was re-built). Happy boosting!

RedTurbo
October 16th, 2005, 10:45 AM
Ok i have some more questions: I have my gain set at 30% on low boost (7psi) and 20% at high (9.5psi to avoid overboosting for now) and i still hit FC in 1st gear at high and the transition to 2nd at low but with my gain set so low i dont reach the peak psi it stops somewhere around 5.6 at low and 7.0 at high. how can i avoid FC in first gear? What is an acceptable Gain setting for low and high? Also would a BOV help avoid FC in the transition to 2nd? Again the help is much appreciated!
Thanks