PDA

View Full Version : Stock Intercooler Mounting

Supra-Kid315
February 6th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Ok I'll admit that I'm a noob with supras and the 7m but I bought a non turbo mk3 and I'm doing a gte swap and wanted 2 know where the stock intercooler and oil cooler bolt up 2, I've heard that there are holes already there but I'm having some trouble finding them, piks would b great showing where the bolts go, thanks for the help

supraslo
February 6th, 2008, 09:53 PM
visit www.jblmk3.com I think that he still has some pics up from when he had his bumper off. These pics should give you an idea

Supra-Kid315
February 7th, 2008, 06:39 AM
I checked the site but its undercontrustion so no piks were avaivible

kotu100
February 7th, 2008, 07:17 AM
cant help you out as im doin the same thing lol. so wheres your build thread?

supraslo
February 7th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Well john has alot of interesting stuff on his site whenever it gets up. He has even got a car he put twin stock intercoolers on, because he didn't want to spend money on a true upgraded intercooler.

Dan_Gyoba
February 7th, 2008, 11:18 AM
The base of the radiator mount has the holes already there, as does the bumper cover to the sides. I just did a GTE swap, last summer, so I still pretty much remember.

I had some trouble with the lower moutns, and had to extend my lower IC pipe a bit. No matter, because I'm swapping in a Driftmotion Spearco replica this spring. :)

Yes, all the mounts are there, same place as the donor car. Just go look at a stock turbo, if you can, and it's in the same place.

Supra-Kid315
February 7th, 2008, 02:35 PM
does any1 have any piks of the stock intercooler mounted on and the stock oil cooler

gtsfirefighter
February 7th, 2008, 06:58 PM
What I did was jack the front of the car up and crawled underneath the front bumper. Take the intercooler and slide it in front of the radiator and start moving it around. You will see where it bolts into. It will sit in there at an angle. OR, you can take the bumper off and figure it out that way. Really, once you see where it goes you will feel stupid, or at least I did ;)

Supra-Kid315
February 8th, 2008, 08:16 AM
ok I got the intercooler mounted don't kno if its in the exact right spot buts its bolted up angled now I need help bolting up the oil cooler

Supra-Kid315
February 8th, 2008, 08:24 AM
ok I got the intercooler mounted don't kno if its in the exact right spot buts its bolted up angled now I need help bolting up the oil cooler

gtsfirefighter
February 8th, 2008, 06:56 PM
In this thread is a picture of an 89 Turbo that I got the motor from. It's a front facing photo and the intercooler and oil cooler are still attached. I hope it helps.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39828

Supra-Kid315
February 10th, 2008, 04:49 PM
yea thanks the picture helps alot , it looks like the bumper support was removed so everything mounts behind the support?