PDA

View Full Version : obx cam gears

arizzle
February 4th, 2008, 05:23 PM
ok. well i just bought a set of obx cam gears cam very fast. but the problem now is that, the holes to big and also it sticks out 1-2cm out. now i had contacted the ebay guy and he is a previous mk3 owner and he said that the N/A cams and the turbo cams are different as in the camgear seat. well i just want to make sure this guy isnt joking around. and have any of you guys used a set of obx cam gears???

<edit IJ>

Slow_Sc3
February 4th, 2008, 06:22 PM
the 7m-ge and gte cam gears are the same you more then likely got 2jz cam gears.

gofastgeorge
February 5th, 2008, 06:00 AM
Typical OBX.........

arizzle
February 5th, 2008, 09:14 AM
yeah. well i contacted the guy and im hoping for a full refund!

SLO-MK3
February 5th, 2008, 10:19 AM
yeah. well i contacted the guy and im hoping for a full refund!

Good luck with that.

DegreE
February 5th, 2008, 10:26 AM
I tend to stay away from OBX engine parts. Headers and Exhaust are okay.

Scot
February 5th, 2008, 12:13 PM
I had the exact same problem a couple of years a go. If it is the same person from N. california, I tracked him down like a dog and finaly got a refund... I did a tax search on the address, then I contacted the owner of the property, who was his land lord. He freaked out and sent me my refund...

I got the AEM's and they fit with no problem......

supraslo
February 6th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Save your money and spend it on something a little more important than cam gears, unless you have a serious race car where the cam timing actually is a big deal.

arizzle
February 6th, 2008, 11:33 AM
yeah thanks guy yeah i called him yesterday and he said he gave me his ups account to ship it back.

yeah im not going to bother getting cam gears until track season starts up again. i need intercooler now lol.

NashMan
February 7th, 2008, 04:31 AM
i have kit to install them there for a 2jz but i made a kit so i chould use them on 7m you will have to re clock them back to 7m spec thou

if intrested be me i muchine a spacer to bring the ccam gear out so it whoudl nto rub on the back t cover

supraslo
February 7th, 2008, 08:20 AM
Enjoy the intercooler

arizzle
February 7th, 2008, 09:26 AM
i have kit to install them there for a 2jz but i made a kit so i chould use them on 7m you will have to re clock them back to 7m spec thou

if intrested be me i muchine a spacer to bring the ccam gear out so it whoudl nto rub on the back t cover

yeah i would of braught it to u but i already shipped them back!! damn! but im just going to save up for some proper ones.

NashMan
February 7th, 2008, 11:16 AM
oh well

arizzle
February 7th, 2008, 12:35 PM
yeah man oh well. hey at your drift comp you should see the cannonball supra!!! so sexy!

gofastgeorge
February 7th, 2008, 01:07 PM

Interresting idea..........
Now I know how to put GReddy or HKS cam gears on the 7M.
(I'll be damned before I bolt any thing by OBX onto my car ! :nono: )

arizzle
February 7th, 2008, 02:04 PM

yeah i knoe well cam gears are cam gears lol. and it was a good price so i decided to take a chance.

NashMan
February 7th, 2008, 08:38 PM
it's a cam gear not rocket sience plus there 5 bolts so ummm there fine all so my spacer will work on any 2jz cam gears to work on 7m

gofastgeorge
February 7th, 2008, 11:22 PM
it's a cam gear not rocket sience plus there 5 bolts so ummm there fine all so my spacer will work on any 2jz cam gears to work on 7m

So your spacers go between the cam and the cam gear to move it out?

87 Turbo
February 11th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Lucky I saw this. I almost bought a set.

arizzle
February 11th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Lucky I saw this. I almost bought a set.

haha yeah man there not worth getting i learned the hard way!!! lol :aigo: