PDA

View Full Version : 1000hp 7m? parts list?

89mkiii18
January 29th, 2008, 07:19 PM
hmm ok well i have owned my supra now for about 2 years i love this car and could never buy anything better iv dumped a decent amount of money into it to restore the interior and body and what not and have made 365 horse power and 387flbt its a fun car but you always want more...well i just got a huge settlement from my grandmother and its time to build that 7m with 1000 horse power but i need some help getting there i want a streetable car meaning suspension wise i have it down with tien flex coilovers/in car electronic adjustability i have tsw wheels 3 inch lip in the back 1 inch in the front its set for a road coarse but i want to build the motor a little more...heres a parts list i put together that will probably need adjusting let me know....

-Dual q-trim ball bearing GT80 turbo from wotm(supports 1200hp)

-Greddy 4 row front mount

-2.5?3.0 intercooler piping? suggestions?

-hks ssq bov

-hks gtII waste gate

-Titan motorsports ported and polished head

-oversized valves

-teds components 12mm 280 lift exhaust and intake cam

-all titanium valvetrain

-crower forged pistons

-cp .040 oversized pistons

-titan motorsports cncd main caps

-clevite bearings

-electric waterpump with secondary and relay

-dual flexlite fans

-4 core rad.

-egr delete

-oil overflow tank (2qt.)

-aem ems stand alone

-aem tru-glow boost guage/controller

-greddy turbo timer

-gm 5 bar map sensor

-75mm throttle body

-ported and polished intake

-3.5 inch exhaust (stainless)

also in my parts like im going to include wilwood 13.5 inch rotors and 6 piston up front and 4 in the rear i have hotchkis sway bars adjustable end links cncd unibody bushings welded rearend and shot peend and hardend axles, one peice drive shaft lmk what you guys think

thedave925
January 29th, 2008, 07:27 PM
What about sleeving the cylinders to achieve a larger bore?

89mkiii18
January 29th, 2008, 07:29 PM
where can i get this done? local machine shop or do they sell specific sleeves?

Tun_x
January 29th, 2008, 07:33 PM
wow!!:1zhelp:

89mkiii18
January 29th, 2008, 07:34 PM
lmao help?

Slow_Sc3
January 29th, 2008, 07:36 PM
and dont forget one of those front facing intake manifolds and use 3 inch intercooler piping it will be easier to work with that turbo / front mount / throttle body.

suprahero
January 29th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Why 1000 hp? Why not 2000?

1000 horsepower is a bit extreme if you plan on driving it any where but the track. You should really focus on a streetable 500-600 rwhp. If you're building a dyno queen or track car then I guess you can build it as high horsepowere'd as you'd like.

There are a few guys on here running around 700-850 rwhp on a 7m. You may want to check out their thread. Good luck.

Slow66
January 29th, 2008, 07:38 PM
For the IC piping, 3" from turbo to IC, 4" from IC to tb, ditch the 75mm tb for a 90mm tb. Why are you going .040 over? Bore as little as possible to keep meat on the block. The head will need extensive modifications for those cams. You're gonna need some sort of turbo header, and a Front facing style manifold, and a wicked fuel system.....shoudl i keep going??

Not trying to be a dick, but you got alot more to think about, and i'm speaking from experience....

89mkiii18
January 29th, 2008, 07:40 PM
understood this is why im asking i also own a 800 horse transam gta so i know what is like to go fast :)

a_sesshoumaru
January 29th, 2008, 07:42 PM
oversized valves? i dont see them in the list and you will need some large injectors too!!! probably 1300cc or 1600cc

89mkiii18
January 29th, 2008, 07:44 PM
yea i had the fuel system down with 3 walbros injectors (two additional ones bung welded into intake) and a controller for them as well and i have oversized valves in there

Slow66
January 29th, 2008, 07:46 PM
I'm not implying you don't....Just take whatever # you have in your head that you think its going to cost to have a reliable 1000whp 7m. Then double it, and you might be in the ballpark of what its going to cost to build one, assuming you do everything yourself. Its really not all its cracked up to be....i kinda regret doing a bunch of expensive custom shit to eventually make over 1200hp on a 7m, I'd much rather have kept my 600hp one together and used this $$ for a house or something....

Slow66
January 29th, 2008, 07:48 PM
You'll need at least 1200cc injectors, 1600 would be erring to the safe side, but may not be a bad idea....

3 walbros is a bad idea IMO, you shoudl go with a Weldon, with its controller, along with a sumped tank, -10 dual feed fuel rail, weldon reg, etc....

AF1JZ
January 29th, 2008, 07:48 PM
7m with 1000 horse power but i need some help getting there i want a streetable car

Define streetable. 1000hp and streetable don't usually go hand to hand.

a_sesshoumaru
January 29th, 2008, 07:50 PM
i guess a 1000rwhp car is not reliable for street use but it would be fun to try, go for it!!!!

Idealsupra
January 29th, 2008, 08:00 PM
i dont want to sound like an asshole... BUT if you have to ask for a parts list for it... then youre better off just dropping it off at a shop and saying build me a 1k hp engine and paying them money when they ask for it.

HENRY SIEMON
January 29th, 2008, 08:05 PM
what about ceramic coating on top of the pistons and valves , balancing the rotating mass ,, oil pressure,, tilton cluch or something strong,, you will go with underbuckets shins or one piece lifter like echo lifter ,, ???????????????:aigo::aigo::aigo:

a_sesshoumaru
January 29th, 2008, 08:08 PM
hey and Dont forget the helpfull NOS jajajja

selfinfliction
January 29th, 2008, 08:38 PM
hey i finally seen one of these threads!!! boostlee told me about them when i first came around last month :biglaugh:

Dan_Gyoba
January 29th, 2008, 08:45 PM
I'd be somewhat worried about the crank/flywheel bolts at 1000 BHP, let alone 1000 rwhp. I'd be expecting that there'll be crank problems. Add at least a forged crank to the list, possibly custom (JZ flywheel?)

bmoss85
January 29th, 2008, 08:51 PM
maybe some billet main caps, to go along with everything else.

lots and lots of money!!

89mkiii18
January 29th, 2008, 09:00 PM
i dont want to sound like an asshole... BUT if you have to ask for a parts list for it... then youre better off just dropping it off at a shop and saying build me a 1k hp engine and paying them money when they ask for it.

not true i can work on the car i wanted opinions

89mkiii18
January 29th, 2008, 09:02 PM
so should i look more foward to a streetable 600-750 maybe? still as fun? but more reliable?

selfinfliction
January 29th, 2008, 09:21 PM
so should i look more foward to a streetable 600-750 maybe? still as fun? but more reliable?

500whp is what i'm shooting for, i did some looking around about a week before i decided what to do with mine. 500ish was in my price range of $4500, that didn't include a tranny rebuild though, or an ffim. so tack on another $1k already lol

i would love to build a monster car, but i am also a realist and would rather have things done correctly the first time.

Nomad707
January 29th, 2008, 09:26 PM
7m has a crappy flowing head.. fix that first...

get oversized valves, get a nice set of cams, and you will have to do something about intake, as well.

port and polish the head... alot.

Nomad707
January 29th, 2008, 09:32 PM
also think about the 3.2 stroker kit.. it would help significantly in your quest for 1k hp

GrimJack
January 29th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Stock crank will hold it, Mibrum hasn't twisted a crank since he fixed the fuel wash problems, and he's well over 1000.

Go to http://7Mpower.com and have a look at the writeup there by Will Neely.

You will absolutely need new flywheel bolts, Duane snapped his at ~800. You'll need a better harmonic balancer on the front, too, talk to ATI about getting one custom made.

I suspect you'll need new bolts on the driveshaft to rear diff interface, too.

There's a crapload of other stuff you'll end up needing - as suggested earlier, have a look at some of the already existing high horsepower builds, that will give you an idea of where to start. Remember you're shooting for even higher numbers, so everything will have to be one step up.

Oh, and one last thing - be prepared for a lot of stuff to break.

shaeff
January 29th, 2008, 09:48 PM
#1) wallet

suprarich
January 29th, 2008, 10:17 PM
WoW. I broke a nail scratching my head

Adrian98
January 30th, 2008, 12:07 AM
you forgot the 7m removing tool and the 2jz

figgie
January 30th, 2008, 12:17 PM
big wallet..............and know how of turboing AND TUNING.

7Mboost
January 30th, 2008, 01:00 PM
You'll need more than 1 ssqv, I'd just go with a Tial. 3" intercooler piping, 4" coldside. 4" exhaust, and a bigger TB, and some amazing tuning.

Dutch7m
January 30th, 2008, 01:48 PM
i once thought that making a big hp and still reliable 7m won't be that difficult and expensive , but i only can say, forget it, it will take a load of research, a really good engineshop that really know what they are doing and really really deep pockets.
I really am a 7m fanatic, but if i had to do it over i would go with a 2jz (and i'm not even half way with my 7m project, and my powergoals are half of your 1000hp plans).

IJ.
January 30th, 2008, 01:58 PM
A "genuine" 500+rwhp 7M that can be daily driven at 500rwhp without changing things for the dyno is a handful and great fun.

Reliable 1000rwhp driver.... as much as I'd like to see it happen it's a HUGE ask.

suprahero
January 30th, 2008, 02:05 PM
A "genuine" 500+rwhp 7M that can be daily driven at 500rwhp without changing things for the dyno is a handful and great fun.

Reliable 1000rwhp driver.... as much as I'd like to see it happen it's a HUGE ask.

That's what I said, but of course mine wasn't as eloquently put as yours was........:biglaugh:

Dutch7m
January 30th, 2008, 02:06 PM

pulling 1000rwhp with a 7m is possible, but reliable now way :nono:.

IJ.
January 30th, 2008, 02:13 PM
J: LOL

Dutch: Yes it's possible but yet to see it in a Mk3 let alone one that can be street driven at 1000rwhp settings.

buldozr
January 30th, 2008, 02:56 PM
powerglide 2spd auto and about a 5k stall, that ruined the street fun part. Anyone know if the r154 can take the abuse??? High HP 1JZ/R154 guys dont count, not enough torque to break it... :sarcasm:

SupraN/Asty
January 30th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Damn. Wish I had those kind of deep pockets.

GrimJack
January 30th, 2008, 03:07 PM
powerglide 2spd auto and about a 5k stall, that ruined the street fun part. Anyone know if the r154 can take the abuse??? High HP 1JZ/R154 guys dont count, not enough torque to break it... :sarcasm:It can't. Will Neely has been quoted as saying that he could peel the teeth off the gears inside the R154 like pulling corn off a cob at will, and he was a lot lower than 1k.

You might be able to *make* it hold.

Dutch7m
January 30th, 2008, 03:10 PM
It can't. Will Neely has been quoted as saying that he could peel the teeth off the gears inside the R154 like pulling corn off a cob at will, and he was a lot lower than 1k.

You might be able to *make* it hold.

the car of Will Neely is on 7mpower.com isn't it? with about 750hp ore so.

the pockets you need for a daily 1000rwhp 7m are going to be deeper and deeper.

IJ.
January 30th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Will's car at 750 couldn't really be driven on the street as they fudged it a bit for the dyno from memory (No accessory belts and that sort of thing)

Adrian98
January 30th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Will's car at 750 couldn't really be driven on the street as they fudged it a bit for the dyno from memory (No accessory belts and that sort of thing)
that's not way to dyno a car, you got to do it with everything on the car and the A/C at full blast.

As for top speed testing a full tank of gas 4 passengers and luggage... bentley style

upgradedsupra
January 30th, 2008, 03:44 PM

Dutch: Yes it's possible but yet to see it in a Mk3 let alone one that can be street driven at 1000rwhp settings.

Never know ;)

I said it before and will say it again. Answer is $$$$$$$$$$ and lots of it.

Duane

Adrian98
January 30th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Never know ;)

I said it before and will say it again. Answer is $$$$$$$$$$ and lots of it.

Duane

what street legal tires tires are going to be good for 1000hp? even Micky Ts have their limit and then you look into ditching the IRS for a solid rear diff to eliminate camber coming in under that kind of power

buldozr
January 30th, 2008, 05:03 PM
well if I tripped on a bunch of money, I think I would do what all the other rich white folk do, ditch the supra and buy a viper! :)

upgradedsupra
January 30th, 2008, 05:05 PM
what street legal tires tires are going to be good for 1000hp? even Micky Ts have their limit and then you look into ditching the IRS for a solid rear diff to eliminate camber coming in under that kind of power

I highlighted in red for you ;)

My response was to whether it could be driven with 1000RWHP on the street. Noone said anything about hooking up. I though part would be obvious ;)

As far as ditching IRS? Why, because you get a little camber? No big deal.
Duane

buldozr
January 30th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Let me share this, this happend last night of all times, I pulled behind a widebodied out mkiv tt supra and you can tell he had some sick cams on it, the thing sounded like he was idling 1100+ just to keep it from loping out. Anyways, tooting around town in the rain(idiot), we turned off the mainstreet and I could hear everytime he got on it just a touch the rpms would shoot high and the assend started walking up the road... Point of the story, 1000hp sucks on the street. No point of risking all that money due to a heavy foot. Good luck and keep it on the track...

Keros
January 30th, 2008, 05:21 PM
1000rwhp...

Is a MkIII really streetable at that point? Driving would probably be a never ending traction competition :P A roll cage and body reinforcement, beefy tower bars, extra subframe bracing, beefed up traction bars, and the most massive brakes possible, are what i can think of off the top of my head.

Pulled fenders to fit some wide ass tires in order to put 1000hp on the pavement. Any wheels above ~11.5-12" will require a widebody job (I think I've heard of someone pulling the fenders 1.5", I dunno though). Getting a 365+ tire on a custom rim would probably help traction quite a bit.

Adding a dry sump oiling system and a high volume pump may give more room to reinforce the mains on the crank... I think... Anyway, a custom oil pan with a drain, a remote sump/pump and remote filter, cooler, ect. There's articles about it around SM.

That's a seriously costly project, and I respect and admire someone who'd undertake it. Just remember that rolling into a lump of money is a good opprotunity for some smart investing, ect. Real life has to take prority.... I speak from experience because everytime a fat paycheck rolls in I need to take a bite out of reality in an attempt to not run out and spend it all on the supra ;)

If you're sure about spending the money, go for it... good luck :)

suprarich
January 30th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Just because your motor can make 1000 hp, does not mean that you have to use it at 1000 hp every time you drive it. Turn the boost way down and run it at 400 rwhp all week long. Sean from titan drives his 900 rwhp mk3 every day on the street with no problem. Why? He does not use 900 hp every time his foot touches the gas pedal.

upgradedsupra
January 30th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Just because your motor can make 1000 hp, does not mean that you have to use it at 1000 hp every time you drive it. Turn the boost way down and run it at 400 rwhp all week long. Sean from titan drives his 900 rwhp mk3 every day on the street with no problem. Why? He does not use 900 hp every time his foot touches the gas pedal.

Thanks. Finally, someone understands, sheeesh.

Dan_Gyoba
January 30th, 2008, 07:08 PM
That's the beauty of a turbocharged motor. Turn the boost down, and it's a less extreme motor. Crank it back up, and you can have as much trouble as you like keeping the rear end following the front.

a_sesshoumaru
January 30th, 2008, 07:35 PM
i guess he is still waiting parts to add to that list, we should tell him better

Suprapowaz!(2)
January 30th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Its really not all its cracked up to be....i kinda regret doing a bunch of expensive custom shit to eventually make over 1200hp on a 7m, I'd much rather have kept my 600hp one together and used this $$ for a house or something....

You don't have a house??? Your dropping all that dough on a car that you'll sell, or part out someday and won't even come close to recovery what you put into it? :nono: But you have nice cars though... if that helps.

IJ.
January 30th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Street driven ie: you drive it push the fast pedal it makes 1000rwhp not "hey I gotta go get race gas/slicks/uncap the exhaust/crank the boost/swap to the race settings in the ecu then it makes 1000rwhp"

turbodriz
January 30th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Wow, this thread again. If you really want to do it read this. Some guys took the time to really map it out for me. Follow it to thehttp://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58667 t if u want to come close to succeding.

Slow66
January 30th, 2008, 07:52 PM
You don't have a house??? Your dropping all that dough on a car that you'll sell, or part out someday and won't even come close to recovery what you put into it? :nono: But you have nice cars though... if that helps.

Is it surprising that a 24 year old doesn't own a house yet? ;) The Gf and i are gonna be house-hunting this year, actually. But i will say the past couple years i have been kinda irresponsible with my earnings......I figure if i don't do it now before kids and a house, etc, i'll never get to do it....lol.

turbodriz
January 30th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Don't now if it will come up right. Search 1000 hp build. It will come up. At the end of the day there are members who have posted to this thread who are very close to those goals. U just have to have money to spend. Duane already is pushing 800+ through a r154 and he plans on going more so I am sure we will see how much it will take. I am all for it and my motor will only be lacking a few things like rods from me pushing it to that number. Anyway search that thread and you will find everything u need to know.

buldozr
January 30th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Street driven ie: you drive it push the fast pedal it makes 1000rwhp not "hey I gotta go get race gas/slicks/uncap the exhaust/crank the boost/swap to the race settings in the ecu then it makes 1000rwhp"

Im with IJ 10 fold. I hate dyno queens. Everyone calls them 'tuners', more like Benchmark whores. Get stuck in traffic with that tune, Good luck. Even my bro bought an emanage blue and larger injectors, the car wont start cold, there are holes in his maps but he has his dyno number... never touched the tune again... what a waste.

Quin
January 30th, 2008, 10:01 PM
I don't like race gas. I'll take my 350rw daily over your 800rw dyno queen. I plan on running drag radials daily, the rest of what Ian said is fine with me if you can do it on the fly in the car, otherwise GTFO.

MrWOT
January 30th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Meh, if you want to throw enough money at it, you can make it reliable. Lets see... for a daily driven 1kwhp...

Filled dry deck, head tapped for external lines, freeze plugs removed and tapped and water manifolding installed, blockoff installed @ stock water pump location and external electric pump installed, forged/billet crank, billet caps, forged/billet rods, clovered head with welded and shaped ports and custom pistons, custom sleeves with stock bore or smaller, and preferably a brazed deck plate with extended rods/sleeves to get your r/s up for extended high rpm use, stock bolts holes drilled and tapped for larger studs, last but not least, a dry sump system with a teflon tipped crank scraper.

That should survive a daily 1kwhp with the right manifolding and wastegating. Have at it ;)

IJ.
January 30th, 2008, 11:34 PM
Meh, if you want to throw enough money at it, you can make it reliable. Lets see... for a daily driven 1kwhp...

Filled dry deck, head tapped for external lines, freeze plugs removed and tapped and water manifolding installed, blockoff installed @ stock water pump location and external electric pump installed, forged/billet crank, billet caps, forged/billet rods, clovered head with welded and shaped ports and custom pistons, custom sleeves with stock bore or smaller, and preferably a brazed deck plate with extended rods/sleeves to get your r/s up for extended high rpm use, stock bolts holes drilled and tapped for larger studs, last but not least, a dry sump system with a teflon tipped crank scraper.

That should survive a daily 1kwhp with the right manifolding and wastegating. Have at it ;)

So you're going to sleeve a siamese block to make it stronger.... yeah right ok whatever you say.... :nono:

Did you read all this somewhere and thought it would make you sound as if you have a clue?

Nick M
January 31st, 2008, 02:10 AM
.well i just got a huge settlement from my grandmother and its time to build that 7m with 1000 horse power but i need some help .....what you guys think

I think your an idiot. And full of crap. If you could afford this, buy a house instead. Or a Ford GT, and change the twin screw to Kenne Bell, or turbocharge. At least it won't break.

Lingenfelter Vettes need to be rebuilt. The engine can't handle it. Fast though. Turbo Viper, eh, it is still a Dodge.

bmoss85
January 31st, 2008, 02:29 AM
i saw a 1000rwhp ford gt in 06, twin turbo on stock internals. it did several dyno pulls through out the the day.

MrWOT
January 31st, 2008, 02:55 AM
So you're going to sleeve a siamese block to make it stronger.... yeah right ok whatever you say.... :nono:

Did you read all this somewhere and thought it would make you sound as if you have a clue?

Yeah, read it in a newspaper :thumbsdow

Siamesed bores have nothing to do expansion properties or stiffness of the sleeves, and yes, chromoly sleeves would certainly stiffen the bores and prevent distortion under that kind of load. :icon_roll

IJ.
January 31st, 2008, 03:17 AM
Yeah, read it in a newspaper :thumbsdow

Siamesed bores have nothing to do expansion properties or stiffness of the sleeves, and yes, chromoly sleeves would certainly stiffen the bores and prevent distortion under that kind of load. :icon_roll

Have you even worked on a 7M?

I'm not being a smartarse but unless "WOT" means "Waste OF Time" you have NFI what you're talking about....

You can post roll eyes smilies till your head explodes but by the time you actually bore a 7M block to accept even thin wall sleeves you'll have broken through the web between the bores or have made it so thin it has 0 torsional rigidity.

The other "Tips" you suggest may work well on a domestic but NONE of the high hp 7M guys are using a filled block in a street car.

You've entered a Tech discussion on a specific subject with 2nd hand knowledge that's barely applicable.

If you don't know it's better to sit there and be thought a fool instead of opening your mouth and removing all doubt....

pimptrizkit
January 31st, 2008, 04:01 AM
wow, just read thread...

I would have thought more people would suggest ideas.. but then again it's been covered, more or less in other builds

if you had no budget, otherwise, psycho or trying to prove a point in a psycho way.... I guess..

I would suggest using a 90-92 7mgte block. a 6/7m crank balanced and knife edged, not to extreme. destressed, and polished. the whole crank, not just journals. reduces chance of a cracked crank.

I would use the best rod I could get my hands on, seems like pauter or carrols? is the best bet.

I would use good pistons, forged. cp,je, Wiseco "custom", possible probe.

I then would choose my fuel..

if I wanted pump gas I would need to look for a way to keep it from detonating. like water injection or meth injection.
may consider adding more than 10% ethanol into the fuel. (say 20-50%)

I would pump to a better stand alone then an aem unit,

the MoTeC m880 unit or their new top of the line unit with all of the gadgets.

I would data log each cylinder's afr(maybe multiple ox sensors' for gas afr, alcohol, methanol, nitromethane,propane.) egt, along with ignition timing of each cylinder.

an ati dampener balanced with the rest of your engine.

I would even consider having the block machined to accept custom 4 bolt main crank caps.. either that or having a custom CNC stainless steel or titanium crank girdle made.

if I had an un imaginable budget I would have a new head cast, and then offer it to the public to help ease cost.

other wise I would use a MHG that most people have good status with hat high horse power,
I would mirror the block and the head, and upgrade the head studs to say 12mm/14mm instead of 10mm (guessing)

I would probably pay a research lap to design a cam to work best with the porting or flow of the head to make max power.

I would have a dual stage injector set up, and run 1 fuel line to each rail from the tank, and flow twice of that of the pressure line.
I would use a smaller injector for idle and off idle and add the secondary set of injectors on when the first set reaching about 50% or duty.

as for the intercooler I would try some thing insane. run the a/c coolant to cool the intercooler, the intercooler would have to have an inner core that would be sealed from the charged intake air.
if you could design a working unit, in theory you could cool the incoming air charge roughly to 40* or even cooler. $$$$$$$

best bet would to test other fuels,

nitromethane comes to mind.. with proper tune and build I would imagine over 2500rwhp could be made on a 3L motor.

they make over 5k on 7L nitro drag motor's in the nhra.. that run 4.X seconds in the 1/4.....

so with enough money I suppose it's possible..

MrWOT
January 31st, 2008, 04:50 AM
You're correct, I have no clue about the average wall thickness on the 7M, because the information isn't anywhere on this forum, or on any other that I could find. So in that case you might be right, but having siamesed bores has nothing to do with sleeving being effective or not.

It does sound doubtful to me that it isn't thick enough, considering people run the 7M out to a .060 overbore and the 3S, also a siamesed block, will accept .040 over. I have a set of chromoly steel sleeves sitting in my gen 1 3SGTE, these exact ones http://www.enginelogics.com/mrsleev.html Which are well proven at over 300/L

So if I'm wrong about the bore it will take, so be it, I can deal with that, but I want numbers on the wall thickness. I've seen way too many people say something can't be done to have it disproven later.

As for noone using the a filled deck, that is not a valid, nor a good reason not to do it. It will add rigidity, and that's reason enough to do it with this kind of build. At that kind of power level it is downright stupid to not do something that will improve the block if it is within your capability to do so and your goal is longevity.

IJ.
January 31st, 2008, 05:01 AM
Again you're making assumptions based on little to no knowledge......

Check the bore spacing on a 7M block then tell me if there's room to fit even thinwall sleeves without destroying any torsional strength the block may have.

The danger here is you sound like you know what you're talking about and some of the younger guys may head off in the wrong direction based on your posts.

We try and keep the tech section posts based on factual information not on "best guesses".

There's a HUGE difference between early and late blocks but even so I still wouldn't attempt a single sleeve let alone 6.

Hard Decking a block for a reliable street motor?

Don't think so..

MrWOT
January 31st, 2008, 05:10 AM
So, in other words, you don't know the wall thickness, and you have no clue if a set of sleeves can be made to fit? Have you even contacted a company such as Darton to ask if it's possible to have a set made? Don't talk to me about best guesses, you have nothing to back up your statements. Your attitude is disgusting, I'm done here.

pimptrizkit
January 31st, 2008, 05:20 AM
Hard Decking a block for a reliable street motor?

i searched and couldn't find any thing about it, i prolly dind't search enough but, would you not want to harden the deck due to heat transfer?

or is it a gasket sealing issue or block cracking?

i guess it's an old muscle car trick?

IJ.
January 31st, 2008, 05:20 AM
So, in other words, you don't know the wall thickness, and you have no clue if a set of sleeves can be made to fit? Have you even contacted a company such as Darton to ask if it's possible to have a set made? Don't talk to me about best guesses, you have nothing to back up your statements. Your attitude is disgusting, I'm done here.

Wow cya!

(Yes I do KNOW it won't work)

My attitude might be "disgusting" as you put it but at least I'm not spewing shit about something I have NFI about trying to make it sound like I do.

IJ.
January 31st, 2008, 05:22 AM
Pimp: It's just filling the block so it's solid to just below the deck surface so water can still circulate around the head passages and yep it's an old Race car trick hardly applicable for a road car....

MRSUPRA
January 31st, 2008, 05:57 AM
I know on 2JZ's block filling is comman practice when pushing over 1100rwhp.
I bet Milbrum can give some good answers on what it takes to make 1000rwhp on a 7M. I do remember he was using the stock block and crank with lots of head work.

Here's another idea if you need 1K hp.: http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=474377

92nsx
January 31st, 2008, 07:08 AM
And a millon dollars. JK good luck with the build

Nick M
January 31st, 2008, 07:13 AM
If you don't know it's better to sit there and be thought a fool instead of opening your mouth and removing all doubt....

:withstupi

Do not speak in the hearing of a fool, For he will despise the wisdom of your words.

considering people run the 7M out to a .060 overbore

I have asked others that get into this sort of thing, and when the HKS big bore kit (85mm pistons) was still sold, the block was often compromised. It just was not intended by Toyota. You shouldn't try it.

IJ, you are probably familiar with this. Back when engine blocks were crap(from the factory), from GM, Ford, and the old Chrysler, builders filled the factory blocks with anything they could, including concrete. Now, it just isn't necessary. Besides, if you have the cash, you can buy race ready blocks from GM and Ford, with late model dimensions and bolt patterns.

Suprapowaz!(2)
January 31st, 2008, 09:02 AM
Is it surprising that a 24 year old doesn't own a house yet? ;) The Gf and i are gonna be house-hunting this year, actually. But i will say the past couple years i have been kinda irresponsible with my earnings......I figure if i don't do it now before kids and a house, etc, i'll never get to do it....lol.

When I was 24 I was earning a whopping $15,900 a year, lol poor. If I had half the money you do at that age... I would have bought a house early on. But then I've always wanted a house. Now that I have a house and a kid, I'll never be able to do what you're doing to your car. :wtc:

Congrats on the house hunting and have fun.

Doward
January 31st, 2008, 09:10 AM
I'm going to be brutally honest, and say that if you have to ASK FOR A PARTS LIST of what it will take to make 1000hp, you shouldn't even be considering it.

1000hp is NO JOKE. Honestly, 400rwhp will put you in the realm of 'HOLY SHIT HOLD ON' and make it easy to harm another on the street.

1000hp + inexperience = :thumbsdow

AF1JZ
January 31st, 2008, 09:20 AM
I'm going to be brutally honest, and say that if you have to ASK FOR A PARTS LIST of what it will take to make 1000hp, you shouldn't even be considering it.

1000hp is NO JOKE. Honestly, 400rwhp will put you in the realm of 'HOLY SHIT HOLD ON' and make it easy to harm another on the street.

Well said good man!

GrimJack
January 31st, 2008, 10:47 AM
So, in other words, you don't know the wall thickness, and you have no clue if a set of sleeves can be made to fit? Have you even contacted a company such as Darton to ask if it's possible to have a set made? Don't talk to me about best guesses, you have nothing to back up your statements. Your attitude is disgusting, I'm done here.I feel compelled to point out that IJ is the only person (or company, for that matter) I've ever seen saw a head into chunks in order to understand how it is built.

I don't *think* he's done the same to a block. Yet. Even so, I'd take his advice if he were willing to hand it out. Among other things, I can count the number of times he's been proven wrong on my thumbs. Actually, I think I might only need one hand. And that wasn't dealing with an engine.

selfinfliction
January 31st, 2008, 11:33 AM
i haven't been around long, but Ij has given me alot of good avice in pm's. although i usaully don't like to hear it because it ends up being more expensive than i hoped for, if possible i will do as he suggests.

this is all you need to make 1000hp on a dyno, please enure everyone is behind a reinforced wall when tuning it on the dyno:

http://www.holley.com/data/products/pictures/large2462v3.jpg

:biglaugh:

jugodegolf
January 31st, 2008, 11:45 AM

streetable. here is vid for you. had fastest lap and I believe they turn the boost down/hp down to 460hp for track racing car is much more powerful.
1:10 into is silver mk4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcaDyJBUPBM
I agree with Bryan n Jay save some money and have a "way fun" 600/700 car. Your money so good luck either way. Just my .2cents. I would talk to a few people making big power to help make your decision though.

Edit: post 50 n 51 confirm this.

turbodriz
January 31st, 2008, 12:19 PM
wow I missed alot last night. First off for those who must not post much IJ is the man. He has been throught more motors than most of us. 2. If you can not find it it's because you have not properly searched its there. Everything is there. This is not the first of this topic . 3. There are a few 1000+hp 7m out there search. $$$$$ is what it takes to do it. 7M, 2j whatever it takes money. 4. Why sleeve a already cast iron block. This is what u get for such a statment::hang::5 Once again I'll say this has already been covered no more than a month ago. SEARCH! U shall find. It took me a while to learn about these other members on the forum. Please know that these guys have been doing it forever. IJ block by all means can make 1000HP he just choices not to. I am all for 1000HP but it is just for bragging rights that is it. I have also driven other extremely fast cars so I'll say this. Speed kills . thankyou. :biglaugh:

AF1JZ
January 31st, 2008, 12:43 PM
That video was pretty sweet.

IJ.
January 31st, 2008, 01:35 PM
I feel compelled to point out that IJ is the only person (or company, for that matter) I've ever seen saw a head into chunks in order to understand how it is built.

I don't *think* he's done the same to a block. Yet. Even so, I'd take his advice if he were willing to hand it out. Among other things, I can count the number of times he's been proven wrong on my thumbs. Actually, I think I might only need one hand. And that wasn't dealing with an engine.

Dave: Thanks I've been wrong many times but I'm happy to have someone prove it that way I get educated and move on and NOT spread misinformation :)

When people are in a topic specific section they need to be 100% certain that their advice is correct, this goes as much for a stock build as it does for a 1000rwhp build like this one.

I've been tempted a few times to run a junk block through the bandsaw but I binned the trashed heavy block I had here awhile back and haven't come across another since (had 5 blocks here at one stage)

I however DON'T need to do this to know Sleeves aren't going to work all that requires is a vernier to measure the wall between bores and some simple math....

89mkiii18
January 31st, 2008, 02:10 PM

experience? lmao iv driven fast cars i own an 800hp beast inexperience is not my problem and i did not mean to start a fight about this my conclusion is that il go for more like 600 750 i have rebuilt my motor in my supra a number of times i just was asking for opinions i know what i need to buy to make the numbers i just choose to get another mans opinion is that ok? damn well anyways thank you guys for your words of wisdome il look at some of the other build forums for some suggestions on my new numbers and by the way i own a house and property and two other vehicles i have two children and i have my ways set money is not an issue for me well we will see what happens look foward to my build forum...

ATL88Supra
January 31st, 2008, 02:15 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I think 400 500 hp is enf for me for a 7m

1000 hp is for dyno queens and drag cars

AF1JZ
January 31st, 2008, 02:18 PM
i own an 800hp beast

Pics?

pimptrizkit
January 31st, 2008, 02:29 PM
experience? look foward to my build forum...

i do look forward to your build thread,

it's always interesting to see how people go about building, cleaning, preping and how their final out come is.

IJ.
January 31st, 2008, 02:30 PM
Pics?

Vids and a dyno sheet ;)

selfinfliction
January 31st, 2008, 02:59 PM
Pics?

<searches google images frantically>

selfinfliction
January 31st, 2008, 03:01 PM
Vids and a dyno sheet ;)

<searches youtube and streetfire frantically>

please no one else suggest anything, i'm getting tired already :biglaugh:

upgradedsupra
January 31st, 2008, 03:16 PM
i own an 800hp beast

Pics?

Vids and a dyno sheet ;)

Subscribed to this too :)

Duane

89mkiii18
January 31st, 2008, 03:31 PM

Duane

lol youtube and streetfire? i dont know if youl find a gta like mine on there...it was my fathers that was passed down that we had built together il get pic tom.

Slow66
January 31st, 2008, 03:41 PM
When I was 24 I was earning a whopping $15,900 a year, lol poor. If I had half the money you do at that age... I would have bought a house early on. But then I've always wanted a house. Now that I have a house and a kid, I'll never be able to do what you're doing to your car. :wtc:

Congrats on the house hunting and have fun.

Thanks!

On a side note, i have my block filled in anticipation for big #s (plus this motor runs strictly meth, so keeping things cool is not as much of a concern as a gas motor)....It is not intended for a street car, unless you only fill slightly (like up to the bottom of the freezeplug) to still keep adequate coolant flow. As if the 7m's dont have enough overheating problems....lol

turbodriz
January 31st, 2008, 04:06 PM
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58667 This is the thread that u are looking for and can't seem to find. Now say thankyou Driz.

turbodriz
January 31st, 2008, 04:10 PM
Someone once told me. ( If u can't find it in sf. It can't happen.):sarcasm:

Doward
January 31st, 2008, 04:20 PM
Ok a couple notes (didn't really read the whole thread through the first time)

To the OP:
1) You have a complete lack of grammar. You certainly don't come across as anyone that would own an 800hp 'beast'.
2) A GTA, you say? I happen to be a bit of an F-Body expert. Perhaps you'd like to elaborate on your motor? Even better - you are in St. Pete? I'll be making a trip to Tampa in about a week - I'd love the opportunity to check out your '800hp' T/A.

To Mr. WOT:
1) Wow. Wrong guy to pick an argument with, man. IJ is right - a true sleeving of the 7M block will destroy torsional rigidity. We're talking virgin blocks with around 1/2 cm of cylinder wall between the cylinders. I'll be more than happy to bust out the calipers after class tonight and provide the exact numbers.
2) Filled block != street machine. Sorry.

To Brian:
1) When are you going to have that beast done????

turbodriz
January 31st, 2008, 04:25 PM
somebody please say thankyou. before I :cry:and then::hang::
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58667

pimptrizkit
January 31st, 2008, 04:51 PM
somebody please say thankyou. before I :cry:and then::hang::
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58667

thnx driz i knew there was a recent one.

figgie
January 31st, 2008, 05:21 PM
Among other things, I can count the number of times he's been proven wrong on my thumbs.

...You mean like the time, that in the Book of testaments, Moses along with his buddy Ian, stood fast and parted the red sea! But he insists it is a big fat lie!! ;)

IJ.
January 31st, 2008, 05:23 PM
To Mr. WOT:
1) Wow. Wrong guy to pick an argument with, man. IJ is right - a true sleeving of the 7M block will destroy torsional rigidity. We're talking virgin blocks with around 1/2 cm of cylinder wall between the cylinders. I'll be more than happy to bust out the calipers after class tonight and provide the exact numbers.

To Brian:

Dow: LOL it's actually 1/4"/ .250 between the bores ;)

DsBetterHalf
January 31st, 2008, 08:27 PM
Doward just measured .270 inch on a .020 over-bored block (late model 7m)

upgradedsupra
January 31st, 2008, 08:40 PM
Still waiting....http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/upgradedsupra/Tapfoot.gif

i own an 800hp beast

Pics?

Vids and a dyno sheet ;)

Duane

IJ.
January 31st, 2008, 09:07 PM
Doward just measured .270 inch on a .020 over-bored block (late model 7m)
My junk block is a +40 ;)

Even on a stock bore sleeves aren't happening!

buldozr
January 31st, 2008, 09:14 PM
wow, when I had my shortblock on the stand, there wasnt ANY ROOM between cyl... that means no oring HG's... also means no room for sleeves... In all honesty, the 7m is 'OK' at best, their are too many better motors to start from, the mitsu 6g72/6g74 and the toyota JZ series are a better platform to start from, the 6G alone can take a .100 to .120 overbore, they just have more room to play being a V6 setup, 7m's dont, FACT. The 6G and JZ heads flow awesome numbers stock, 7m's not so much... For reliable 400hp and great street torque, I like the 7m, for a drag car though, 500+cube blown hemi FTMFW! Me and IJ had a great post about what the definition of a street car was, I stated that I would feel comfortable for my mother to get in it and for me not to worry about her or the car. That is a true 'street' car.

buldozr
January 31st, 2008, 09:59 PM
CORRECTION: Unless your IJ's mom :) She probably drives a Peripheral Port RX wagon thats been tubbed... Groceries is not a mundane job, its an adventure!

pimptrizkit
January 31st, 2008, 10:00 PM
:biglaugh:

CORRECTION: Unless your IJ's mom :) She probably drives a Peripheral Port RX wagon thats been tubbed... Groceries is not a mundane job, its an adventure!

Slow66
January 31st, 2008, 10:01 PM
To Brian:

Just got my custom aluminum rods in today!

Now i just need custom pistons and a billet crank to compliment them :)

Quin
January 31st, 2008, 10:23 PM
Seriously, pics of this TA or GTFO. You don't seem to have enough intelligence to make the money required for either of these cars to exist.

experience? lmao iv driven fast cars i own an 800hp beast inexperience is not my problem and i did not mean to start a fight about this my conclusion is that il go for more like 600 750 i have rebuilt my motor in my supra a number of times i just was asking for opinions i know what i need to buy to make the numbers i just choose to get another mans opinion is that ok? damn well anyways thank you guys for your words of wisdome il look at some of the other build forums for some suggestions on my new numbers and by the way i own a house and property and two other vehicles i have two children and i have my ways set money is not an issue for me well we will see what happens look foward to my build forum...

Something else that stuck out. If you knew what you were doing (excluding people like IJ, who randomly have to have some impossible, entirely custom set up :)) and made the money you claim to have, you would have only done it once. The right way.

I'm sorry, but unless you post up a pic that can clearly prove that YOU own the car pictured, and additional evidence to support the 800hp claim, I'm marking you as a 12 year old that likes to lie to seem important.

foreverpsycotic
January 31st, 2008, 10:24 PM
Wow, you want to go from numbers achievable from a 57 trim CT26 to numbers that twin 61mm would hit on race gas? And I thought I was going to be scared shitless when I go from stock twins to a holset HX35.

Have fun, and enjoy sinking almost 100k into your build.

And If you think an off the shelf IC is going to support 1krwhp, GL with that. Might as well go air to water, or no IC at all, just meth spraying into the charge pipe, and a lot of it.

turbodriz
February 1st, 2008, 12:33 AM
Well I felt that somebody needed to stand up for the 7m after this thread. :1zhelp: I feel that it is capable of those type of numbers. It is just going to require money. In saying that doesn't anything that makes a 1000hp require money to build. Speed is not cheap.

Nick M
February 1st, 2008, 12:54 AM
I was thumbing through a new(to me) Turbo magazine. It had all the usual suspects of build ups. When they did the 2JZ-GTE this time, the owner mentioned he dumped $126,000 into the car so far. For 950 rwhp.

cactus_mole
February 1st, 2008, 02:03 AM
I was thumbing through a new(to me) Turbo magazine. It had all the usual suspects of build ups. When they did the 2JZ-GTE this time, the owner mentioned he dumped $126,000 into the car so far. For 950 rwhp.

Damn! was he building it to go to the moon?

Boost Lee
February 1st, 2008, 08:41 AM
Damn! was he building it to go to the moon?

No, he was building it to precision.

Nick - You certainly seemed to fall off the face of the earth. Glad to see back. :)

IIRC, I know which Turbo magazine article you're talking about. The entire car was built (like I said), to precision and everything looked way to perfect. :icon_razz

In regards to "Can a 7M be capable of 1000hp"....Yes.
It's happened acouple times already (that I know of), but it's not as common mostly because:

A) Simply put, most people don't have that kind of money to spend
and
B) Most guys that have the quadruple horsepower digit mentality end up going with a 2JZ because while you'll still be spending just as much money as building a 7M, it's going to be achieved a little bit quicker since the overall design of a 2JZ is more capable.

-Jeff

buldozr
February 1st, 2008, 10:03 AM
CLIFF NOTES:
1. 1000hp possible from a 7m? - Anything is possible if money is available.
2. 1000hp possible for the street? - Define 'street' which will be different for each person... Possible-yes, fun-probably, stupid-definitely.
3. Will I get flamed for talking about IJ's mom... That is the real question. :)

/thread

MRSUPRA
February 1st, 2008, 10:28 AM
I read on Supraforums that it takes $1000 to make 1000rwhp on a 2JZ and $100,000 to make 1000rwhp on 7M. Is this true? Because I believe.

Adrian98
February 1st, 2008, 10:50 AM
I read on Supraforums that it takes $1000 to make 1000rwhp on a 2JZ and $100,000 to make 1000rwhp on 7M. Is this true? Because I believe.

what's the difference between a 600hp and 1000hp supra?
nothing they both do 12s in the 1/4

Dutch7m
February 1st, 2008, 11:10 AM
Just got my custom aluminum rods in today!

Now i just need custom pistons and a billet crank to compliment them :)

What options are there for billet cranks?

leach
February 1st, 2008, 01:17 PM
I do not see anything about head studs. Do not think the ARP kit with the 8740 moly studs will do! Unless you like replacing short blocks! I have been working with Justin at ARP for a set of the new 625 material head stud. They are just as strong as the L-19 material but do not have the corrosion problem. The price for one set is 1644.02. I know, WOW. The good news is that the price goes down with the more sets that are made. For 2 sets the price drop to 1100.00 per set and for 3 set it drops to 900.00 per set. I am also working with Chris at Sound Performance Racing (630-893-5002) and Tim at RREV Motorsports (503-289-4020) to try to contact as many 7M guys as they can find that are looking to make big HP numbers. The price keeps getting better all the way to 10 sets. Lets all band together and beat the high price of making high HP 7MGTEs. Imagine at 1400HP 7MGTE!

IJ.
February 1st, 2008, 01:37 PM

My Crank shop here in Australia does custom billets (never priced one but I can ask during the week)

To save any embarrasement my Mom is long departed..
(she used to have no probs taking my 350sbc/th400 72 Monaro if it was in the driveway as all my cars are true streeters ;) )

89mkiii18
February 1st, 2008, 01:47 PM
Ok a couple notes (didn't really read the whole thread through the first time)

To the OP:
1) You have a complete lack of grammar. You certainly don't come across as anyone that would own an 800hp 'beast'.
2) A GTA, you say? I happen to be a bit of an F-Body expert. Perhaps you'd like to elaborate on your motor? Even better - you are in St. Pete? I'll be making a trip to Tampa in about a week - I'd love the opportunity to check out your '800hp' T/A.

To Mr. WOT:

To Brian:

its an lt1 350 bored 30 over slp headers slp intake runners ported the tpi myself 80mm throttle body fbody motorsports custom 3 inch exhaust tpis chip linatti crank pistons and rods 7 quart oil pan electric water pump paxton supercharger (local speed shop built the tranny automotive engineering) sub frame connectors vett brakes did slotted rotors new calipers and all stainless lines all arp bolts edelbrock victor series heads all msd ignition from 6al box to the wires detroit locker in factory borg warner rearend it has the digi dash the sterio controls on the wheel its black with the camel interior t-tops had support welded in and a harness bar was put in for more support and hotchkis did the sway bars it has bilstein shocks all the way around and hyper springs it has a 4 core griffin rad. trans oil and fuel cooler umm if i think of anything els il post it...nice try though

89mkiii18
February 1st, 2008, 01:54 PM
CORRECTION lol sorry its an l98 i just re-read my post and yes i have rebuilt my motor several times because i learned the hard way on spending 65 dollars on a stock headgasket and spun rod bearings and misc. other things...will have pics up soon i dont have them on my computer i have to scan them just to make it authentic tell me to write something on a peice of paper and il scan it with the pics so you guys dont think im f-ing 12! thanks :)

Doward
February 1st, 2008, 02:22 PM
I'm calling :bsflag:

Making 800hp through an automagic, from a 355ci SBC with Victor heads on a freaking TPI intake. Even with the SLP runners, not happening.

Quin
February 1st, 2008, 02:23 PM
How about a piece of paper saying Quin just got owned right next to your blower? Right next to the dyno chart. I'm still having trouble believing you.

A lot of trouble, actually. I don't remember anything good about L98s

Doward
February 1st, 2008, 02:27 PM
So tell me, is your kit similar to this?

BTW - Mod list for that particular setup is almost identical to yours. Makes 500rwhp.

http://www.lbsz28blown.cz28.com/whats_new.html

(Check his first page for actual results. He estimated 575 - it made 500.)

IJ.
February 1st, 2008, 02:31 PM
LOL :runaway:

No dyno sheet/vid never happened.

selfinfliction
February 1st, 2008, 02:46 PM
its an lt1 350 bored 30 over slp headers slp intake runners ported the tpi myself 80mm throttle body fbody motorsports custom 3 inch exhaust tpis chip linatti crank pistons and rods 7 quart oil pan electric water pump paxton supercharger (local speed shop built the tranny automotive engineering) sub frame connectors vett brakes did slotted rotors new calipers and all stainless lines all arp bolts edelbrock victor series heads all msd ignition from 6al box to the wires detroit locker in factory borg warner rearend it has the digi dash the sterio controls on the wheel its black with the camel interior t-tops had support welded in and a harness bar was put in for more support and hotchkis did the sway bars it has bilstein shocks all the way around and hyper springs it has a 4 core griffin rad. trans oil and fuel cooler umm if i think of anything els il post it...nice try though

wow that's great, but me being a supercharger man i know you are now full of shit. there is NO POSSIBLE WAY you can run that much boost through a paxton to make 800hp (which you didn't even post the model or amount of boost you're pushing) through that engine without an aftercooler/intercooler or chemical cooling, one of which you would've mentioned between your digidash bling bling and "anything else you think of you'll post".

a motor with a paxton and pulley to push 20 psi in a 302 would be running 250+ degree charge temps after a single run without having a cooler. even then you would need a 150 shot to put it up around 800hp

next time you decide to lie about something, please make sure you have some knowledge in the area before speaking. :biglaugh:

buldozr
February 1st, 2008, 03:35 PM
I'm calling :bsflag:

Making 800hp through an automagic, from a 355ci SBC with Victor heads on a freaking TPI intake. Even with the SLP runners, not happening.

stock rearends crap out at 400 to the wheels.... BS METER GOING FULL BLAST

turbodriz
February 1st, 2008, 04:56 PM
89mkiii18 just give it up. I would just come up with proof if any.Show and prove. Let the bullshit walk. You'll find that alot of members like or have been involved with other cars. Not just supra's. Guys I just want to know something. Miburn car makes 1000+. From what I hear he doesn't have all these crazy mods that you guys think it takes to make 1000hp. All I am saying is this. It has been done and it will be done again. Stop counting the 7m out. f-ck a 2j. Oh yeah 89mkiii18 I got to see a vid or dyno charts something. I really starting to feel bad for u.

suprarich
February 1st, 2008, 05:10 PM

4200.00 to 5400.00 How many do you want?

Doward
February 1st, 2008, 05:46 PM
Mibrun has a giant turbo, and running alcohol, isn't he?

turbodriz
February 1st, 2008, 05:52 PM
Well, with that type of hp I am sure he is running a big turbo but the alcohol is a very good question and would change the matter a great deal.

suprarich
February 1st, 2008, 06:42 PM
Mibrun has a giant turbo, and running alcohol, isn't he?

Turbonetics y2k on gasoline, no nitrous

Slow66
February 1st, 2008, 06:43 PM
He runs gas, but i think there might be a plan to switch to alky....and im not sure but i thought he switched to a 91mm turbo too....

Buddafucco
February 1st, 2008, 08:23 PM
I live in Largo and work in St.Petersburg. Dayton Andrews Dodge Service Dept, 22nd Ave. & 34th ST. 8-5 m-f. Bring it by and I'll vouch for you.

suprarich
February 1st, 2008, 09:55 PM
Here is a Y2K HP-88 turbo at work on a 7mgte for all you 1300hp 7m fans

http://thumbs.streetfire.net/300a50e3-4738-4bfa-a1db-999e011a4d61.jpg (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/300a50e3-4738-4bfa-a1db-999e011a4d61.htm)The Toyota 7M Dragster in 2007 best 60Ft 1.05Best E.T 7.44 @ 39 Psi boostBest Speed 181 MPHSee the aggressive 7M (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/300a50e3-4738-4bfa-a1db-999e011a4d61.htm)

Buddafucco
February 1st, 2008, 10:10 PM
If you play both links at the same time it looks like 2 7m dragsters are racing each other. BadASS!

Dutch7m
February 2nd, 2008, 12:40 PM
My Crank shop here in Australia does custom billets (never priced one but I can ask during the week)

To save any embarrasement my Mom is long departed..
(she used to have no probs taking my 350sbc/th400 72 Monaro if it was in the driveway as all my cars are true streeters ;) )

The engine shop i let build everything (arnout of www.supras.nl)
can get one made but i will cost about 3750 thats about 2650$ without tax.
he can also make a stroker one for about the same money.
but are there no ''off the shelff one's'' for sale?

but i think i will go for a fully counterbalanced, grinded and nitrated 7m crank, i think it will be ok for my goals.

IJ.
February 2nd, 2008, 01:44 PM
Dutch: That's pretty well what I'm using with a 5lbs weight reduction thrown in as well but my HP goals may be lower than yours ;)

Adjuster
February 2nd, 2008, 02:15 PM
There is no bolt on way to 1000rwhp in the MK3 with the 7MGTE under the hood. ;)

Love the car, and the engine, but I'm also not an idiot about the money to power ratio of this combination.

If you really like, the MK3 chassis/body, and want to make one faster than everyone else, here is the simple version.

World Products LS3 block and heads for 7.0L displacement.
Custom billet crank. (World IIRC sells this as well.)
Pauter rods.
Forged pistons of your choice, coated of course.
Dry sump oil system, or accusump at minimum for those moments when there is no oil pressure due to slosh, or start up.
Two GT4088's
Custom exhaust manifolds with Tial WG's.
Custom intercooler with twin side inlet lower tank, and single upper outlet tank. (Vertical fin design, wide as the front rails, tall as possible for the most surface area, and flow possible.)
Custom intake manifold with 90 or 100mm TB.
Motec EFI
1000cc injectors fed by large fuel pump that is inturn fed by a swirl tank fed by a few fuel pumps. (So you never have a situation where the fuel is sloshed away, and you run lean.) A rear sump'd stock tank might be OK, but it would not be as good under full brake application...
Built GM auto of your choice.
IJ's custom Ford 9" rear... :)
Custom driveshaft for the same.
My brakes. :)
Cam of your choice with all the associated high end GM/Pushrod/Rocker stuff and large valves from World Products blah blah blah..

Should be easy 1200hp on pump gas engine. :)

Would be insane to drive, but perhaps not much faster, if any than the nicely built 650hp MK3 with a 7MGTE under the hood. (Traction is the reality of life, and IRS is not very much fun for the drag races, otherwise, you would see it in top fuel cars right?)

Want more?
Buy a AWD car like an AUDI RS6, and then go hog wild with your money. (A 1000hp+ A6 or A8 would be a very fast "street" car indeed.) And with AWD, you might be able to actually put down the power to the pavement more often. ;)

Just my .02.

Based on 4 7MGTE engines, two of them strokers, and having one of the only running stroker motors at any time. (Though not currently actually, but not due to engine failure, due to me losing any intrest in this dang car at the moment LOL. )

bowsercake
February 2nd, 2008, 02:17 PM
What ever happened to the OPs 800hp current car?

IJ.
February 2nd, 2008, 02:19 PM
You can't have my 9" ;)

Adjuster
February 2nd, 2008, 02:29 PM
LOL ! You can't have my 14" brakes ;)

IJ.
February 2nd, 2008, 02:33 PM
LMAO I don't need/want em :D

TurboWarrior
February 2nd, 2008, 03:06 PM
Some of you need to get your heads out of the clouds and be realistic. If you say you want a streetable 1000hp car i think you are kinda nuts. 400-550 i think is plenty. You'll have reasonable reliabiity if you build it right and you can take it on the street and smoke some high end cars. If all you want to do is trailer it to the track when you drive it 1000hp makes more sense.

selfinfliction
February 2nd, 2008, 03:34 PM
If all you want to do is trailer it to the track when you drive it 1000hp makes more sense.

i think alot of people underestimate how hard it is to drive a 1000hp car at the track. most i've seen is roughly 800hp doing about 75&#37; of what it was capable of, and that was one hell of a ride

<edit> to add in, as you were saying 500whp is about as much as i would ever wan in a car, but that's my personal opinion

Adjuster
February 2nd, 2008, 04:00 PM
Driven the 450hp Supra... It's fun.. but more power is needed... :)

Soon to have the 600, perhaps 650hp Supra... :)

But I agree, street wise, it is mostly a waste of tires and traction. (Thus my point about doing this to an AWD vehicle like the A8 for example.)

And most of the time? I doubt that 500hp is even needed ;)

Dutch7m
February 3rd, 2008, 03:54 AM
Dutch: That's pretty well what I'm using with a 5lbs weight reduction thrown in as well but my HP goals may be lower than yours ;)

My goal is a reliable 500rwhp 7m.

IJ.
February 3rd, 2008, 05:04 AM
Ahhh ok I was at 550rwhp on the last build and it's a handful!

I'm using a LOT of electronics to make it drivable this time.

Doward
February 3rd, 2008, 10:18 AM
Aiming for 475rwhp here over the widest possible powerband (on low boost, anyway ;))