Wow this section is dead. Any other shooters here?

suprayo

Authorized Seller
Thought I'd try to bring some life to this section. My passions are supras and guns so this is perfect. Here's a few of my most recent aquistions.
My new ruger security six in 357 magnum love it.

My sig Sauers. Left is a sig mosquito .22lr with threaded barrel the right is my p238 tribal rose wood in .380 best daily carry gun I've had and I've had a lot.

My brand new anderson ar15 in full
Magpul more funrniture after all my wheeling and dealin I have 50 bucks into it

And my trusty m&p compact 9 from smith and Wesson I have about a 1000 rounds through her and she's been flawless.

Nick M

Established 1994
Authorized Seller
Contributor
This was the starting point.

P1060224.JPG

Then I modified it.

P1070006.JPG

Nick M

Established 1994
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Then I prepared for Ferguson spillover.

Then my new lower arrived to go with the second upper, which I am leaving with the A2 sights.

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I dont think I have anything special but Im here to contribute.

Mossberg 500 20" 8 shot

Sig Sauer P226 .40 Hogue grips

Im shopping for a Savage Arms Long Range Hunter in .308 currently and keeping my eyes open for a pre 1982 Smith and Wesson revolver and a Colt SAA.

supranewbie

Authorized Seller
I dont think I have anything special but Im here to contribute.
They're all special. The fact that you exercise the right is even better.

@suprayo We should go sling lead some time. Firearms and Supras. Maybe we should start a meet and compete or something. Lots of gun nuts in my (red)neck of the woods.

suprayo

Authorized Seller
I'm always looking for someone to shoot with. You in the Vancouver area? Loving the eotech nick. I'm just too cheap or one lol. I have been consider the sightmark ultrashot I like the style if the red dots like that. Either that or a vortex strike fire

suprayo

Authorized Seller
Hey Steve how do you like that sig arm brace? I saw a nice 9mm upper with a 5 inch barrel I've been eye balling and was thinking it would be awesome with the sig brace

Nick M

Established 1994
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Loving the eotech nick. I'm just too cheap or one lol.
It could lead to bad shooting fundamentals because sight picture is not needed with it. If it fails or the batteries drain and are not checked before it is too late.

Target acquisition is very fast and accurate. It is easily the best thing I have seen for an AR variant. The A2 sights are staying on the other one on purpose.

suprayo

Authorized Seller
In the past with my ars I've tried a few different optics but have always run back up iron sights. Some
People with poor eye sight though like my wife red dots make shooting much safer and easier. Have you ever tried to run a magnifier with the eotech? Been curious about those

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Authorized Seller
I've got an S&W MP15 Sport and an MP15-22. The sport I got just because it was on sale. I think I paid $570 after shipping and background check fees. The 15-22 was intended for cheap AR-style fun/practice, but I bought it as ammo was becoming scarce so that idea was pretty much a bust. Still a fun gun though.

Got my eye on a Sig p226 MK25-TB, but that's still probably a year off. I prefer shooting outdoors in the wilderness in Colorado. Crowded indoor public ranges and even outdoor ones with people ignoring basic gun safety is a little unnerving so I avoid those. Trigger discipline and muzzle control, people!

I'm looking into private ranges, but I just dont go enough to justify the cost yet. Cheapest private range I've found is still north of $700 per year. I only go 5-10 times a year now.

Pictures coming when I get a chance to get them uploaded on my site.

Steve_N

Authorized Seller
Suprayo- To address a cpl of your questions. As for running a magnifier- On my rig in coordination with red dot I loved it. My AR was sighted in to use the Red dot/Irons out to 75 yards. Anything farther out I would use the Magnifier. 45 yr old eyes. Haven't done any long range shooting to use a scope. Not for lack of interest, Just lack of place to really reach out.
Regarding the Sig Brace, I love it! I don't attach it to forearm tho. I shoulder it. This video is a great explanation.

[video=youtube;VBvsmmJeVI0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBvsmmJeVI0[/video]

suprayo

Authorized Seller
I think most people do shoulder it. I love that since it's not regarded by the ATF as a "Butt stock" you can get around the sbr rules. I think that's going to be my next purchase. I think the idea of the magnifier is very cool. The sight mark red dot with magnifier I've been looking at has a qd release but also has the option to just flip the magnifier to the side and out of the way. To be able To transition from red dot to 3 or 5x with a flick the wrist seems pretty awesome.

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I picked up a Heritage Rough Rider in .45lc today, I can cross my "Cowboy gun" off my list. I think saving $800+ instead of the name is okay for a total "fun" gun.

suprayo

Authorized Seller
I ha one of those in 22 I was surprised with the quality. Hard to beat the old ruger Blackhawks though. About year ago I bought one used in excellent condition for 250 in 357 mag.

Nick M

Established 1994
Authorized Seller
Contributor
There is a gun show here Dec 26-28. I will be going. No transfer paperwork is required as it is a private sale. I am in the market for a Glock 21. We shall see.

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I ha one of those in 22 I was surprised with the quality. Hard to beat the old ruger Blackhawks though. About year ago I bought one used in excellent condition for 250 in 357 mag.
It came dirty, I had to clean gunk out of all the nooks and crannies. But the quality is there, I cant wait to shoot it.

suprayo

Authorized Seller
Yeah back ground checks weren't a problem here until this fucking retarded law passed. Let us know how the rough rider goes

supranewbie

Authorized Seller
The reason I594 passed is the 54.16% voter turnout. The vast majority of those who failed to do their duty are without doubt pro gun assholes who think their vote will make no difference. In my mind they are as bad as the constitution hating liberals who voted for the initiative. Bastards.

Nick M

Established 1994
Authorized Seller
Contributor
The reason I594 passed is the 54.16% voter turnout.
High voter turnout favors those that oppose liberty. I promise. In fact, liberty has never been voted into existence or approved on a ballot. Sure, you have people agree they will be free, but they still have to go to war to get it. Every time.

Nick M

Established 1994
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I just bought a 1911. Specifically, the Mil-Spec from Springfield Armory. I bought it because it is a 1911A1 variant with arched mainspring housing and it does not have a firing pin block.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Authorized Seller
Got a Vortex Strikefire II for x-mas with a 3x vortex magnifier as well. Should be great for making range days more fun with the 5.56 AR-15. Also bought a SUPER cheap Simmons scope for my (more my wife's now) MP15-22. I didn't think sub-$50 scopes were worth anything, even on 22lr, but I'd heard good things about the Simmons so I gave it a shot.

Been debating membership to a private range once I get a pistol. The rates are around $40/month so I'd need to go regularly to make it worthwhile, but it's appealing to avoid the crowded public ranges in my area.

NAiL05

Authorized Seller
As of now I am looking for a sig p227. Here is my current arsenal....Arsenal SAM7r, Benelli Supernova, and my Sig 1911 Tacops Gen 1.

suprayo

Authorized Seller
I love the sig tac op 1911. I also like the mil spec Springfield but I love the Springfield range officer. The extended beaver tail is a must. Hey nail How do you like the side mount scope on the ak? I've always wanted an arsenal.