Worth seeing: Brand new 1990 Turbo Targa

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Authorized Seller
Country Hills Toyota has a brand new 1990 Supra Turbo Targa Red on Grey Leather, 5-speed with 92km on the clock (NOT 92,000).

It still has all the plastic on the interior, steering wheel, shift knob, etc, etc.

They're asking something ridiculous like $50,000 for it, so I doubt many people will consider buying it, but yeah, sweet car.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Man If I was the dealer., I would not take it off the showroom floor....think of how many looks it will get,. In that condition, those who don't kow may think its a new model....style is still New :)

Poodles

I play with fire
Authorized Seller
Contributor
holy shit...

I'd never drive it...

back when they actually had good paints, look at how there is ZERO orange peel in the paint...

trydrew

Suprafied
Authorized Seller
9DMK3T said:
Wow...
Red too heh.

*Right clicks and saves*
x2!

That's f'in amazing... Working at a dealership taking plasic out of brand new cars has always made me wonder what my car looked like when it was delivered... Holy shit that is amazing.
I really don't want anyone to buy that. I mean, I know cars are made for driving, but this is something else.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Authorized Seller
Empty shell of a car. It has no soul.

'the owner would give it one' , No the owner will do exactly what they are doing in that last pic... trailer it to it's final resting place.

Still a really nice car I guess.

I would imagine it would need quit a bit of a tune-up though, no? (gaskets and what have you... ?)

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Poodles said:
holy shit...

I'd never drive it...

back when they actually had good paints, look at how there is ZERO orange peel in the paint...

PShh. perfect daily driver right there

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Authorized Seller
OneJoeZee said:
PShh. perfect daily driver right there
^ you said a 7m was 'perfect'

Actually, looking at the engine bay pic. Not impressed at all. I've seen mkII's with MUCH cleaner looking engine bays that have been driven for many miles. Everything just looks... dirty and just generally crappy...

*edit*
http://www.dreamsofdrifting.com/supra/P1020381.jpg

Is that rust in the bottom right corner?

*edit No. 2*
No, I guess it's just where the subframe bushing thing sits.

Last edited:

rodel

SoCal
Authorized Seller
Clean! But for $50k :aigo: , you could do a factory-like (or better) full restore, all new parts for a couple of Supras.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Authorized Seller
Contributor
WOW!!! That car need to stay there at that show room for the next xxxxxx of years. Well....of course it will be well maintained and taken cared of.

trydrew

Suprafied
Authorized Seller
How much was it in 1990? I know it's been said before but how much is it after then->now inflation?

rodel

SoCal
Authorized Seller
trydrew said:
How much was it in 1990? I know it's been said before but how much is it after then->now inflation?

Assuming that in 1990, it was $28k. It would cost $45,573.02 to buy it in 2007.

rodel

SoCal
Authorized Seller
Jeff Lange said:
Need to consider Canadian dollars. It was more than $28k.
Sorry, Jeff. I was also assuming US $. But you could figure out the Canadian price and inflation, eh? :icon_razz

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Authorized Seller
akito said:
WOW!!! That car need to stay there at that show room for the next xxxxxx of years. Well....of course it will be well maintained and taken cared of.
What's to maintain? Swiffer it twice a day?

johnathan1

Supra =
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Wow, even though that car has never been driven...it's WAY past it's expiration date...look how all of the rubber parts are coated with white powder. That car would need a lot of work to it's mechanicals to be road worthy...IMO of course.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Authorized Seller
I believe a lot of the stuff seen on the car is both dust and cosmoline/coatings from the factory. The car was not washed before being put in the showroom.

Poodles

I play with fire
Authorized Seller
Contributor
that one IC pipe near the fender looks pretty bad though...

still...

about all I'd do is take the wheels off and clean the dust and crap off the suspension... have it sit in it's own climate and humidity controlled room and occasionaly go stare at it...

supraguy@aol

Authorized Seller
I thought the 90 models had the cruise controls relocated to the stalk, Jeff. Was it different for Canadian models, or am I just off in my recollection?

PS- The car is perfect. Sometimes the rubber parts develop a white grit to the surface over time, but the rubber is still 100% good. Just need to wipe it down and it'll look good for another 18 years.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Authorized Seller
It was moved to a stalk on the steering wheel when airbags were introduced. 1990 for the USA, 1992 for Canada.