Why the gun is civilization.

wesf.

Authorized Seller
Nick M
Shooting other people is the only intention of the 2nd amendment.

I know its not very apparent, but Im from Canada. Our government doesn't recognize our right to bear arms.

DreamerTheresa

IJ's Stalker.
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Oh, damn! If that's the only intention of it, I must be doing something wrong! I'm not running around shooting people!

Nick M

Established 1994
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I know its not very apparent, but Im from Canada. Our government doesn't recognize our right to bear arms.
You are right, I missed that. But do you know what I am talking about for Americans? The 2nd amendment wasn't added for squirell hunting. Or bears. And "arms" are the same thing now as they were then. Military weapons.

Oh, damn! If that's the only intention of it, I must be doing something wrong! I'm not running around shooting people!
Young lady, you don't get to shoot people until they accost you. And if you live in the wrong state, you still might be in trouble.

Supracentral

Supramania Contributor
Authorized Seller
Contributor
And "arms" are the same thing now as they were then. Military weapons.
Correct, the entire premise of the 2nd Amendment is the ability of the populace to overthrow the government if it becomes oppressive.

Young lady, you don't get to shoot people until they accost you.
You missed the sarcasm. We're libertarians, remember, we're against the initiation of violence. However unlike the whiny liberals, we're more than willing to respond to the initiation of violence with overwhelming counter violence. It's our golden rule. ;)

And if you live in the wrong state, you still might be in trouble.
Fortunately, GA has a very strong castle doctrine, that extends to your automobile and your person. Accosting a Georgian is a very bad idea.

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Shooting other people is the only intention of the 2nd amendment..
Actually the intention of the second ammendment was to enable "we, the people" to protect ourselves and our country from any attacker, foreign, or domestic, and thus eliminate the need for a large, standing millitary.

Supracentral

Supramania Contributor
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Actually the intention of the second ammendment was to enable "we, the people" to protect ourselves and our country from any attacker, foreign, or domestic, and thus eliminate the need for a large, standing millitary.
True, most of the founding fathers would have found today's level of militarism in this country terrifying. (with good reason)

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Authorized Seller
Contributor
True, most of the founding fathers would have found today's level of militarism in this country terrifying. (with good reason)
Not to mention the amount of money spent on the millitary given our current economic state...but we can thank the cold war for that. Ironic how the opposition to communism caused our country to adopt millitarism and spend billions if not trillions of tax dollars for the good of the people.

A history professor of mine had an interesting theory that our current economic state is actually the great depression, which never ended, and we have experienced upturns and downturns triggered by wars and government spending. Not sure where I stand on this theory. I'll stop there as I realize I'm going way off topic.

Nick M

Established 1994
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Not to mention the amount of money spent on the millitary given our current economic state...but we can thank the cold war for that. Ironic how the opposition to communism caused our country to adopt millitarism and spend billions if not trillions of tax dollars for the good of the people.

A history professor of mine had an interesting theory that our current economic state is actually the great depression, which never ended, and we have experienced upturns and downturns triggered by wars and government spending. Not sure where I stand on this theory. I'll stop there as I realize I'm going way off topic.
Government spending has never triggered an upturn. Watching the last 2 years should have shown you this.

Woakes62

People just have two different ways to manage each other: reason and power. On the off chance that you need me to accomplish something for you, you have a decision of either persuading me by means of contention or power me to do your offering under risk of power. Each human association can be categorized as one of those two classifications, regardless. Reason or power, that is it.

In a real moral and enlightened society, individuals solely connect through influence. Power has no spot as a legitimate technique for the social association, and the main thing that expels compel from the menu is the individual gun, as incomprehensible as it might sound to a few.

IchibanEye

Authorized Seller
Contributor
Guns and a proper blade make quick work of a criminal or bully. Most people have no idea of what a blade can do. The movies never properly represent what both do real world. Most men who do know, back away very quickly from both. Human skin opens up like a hot knife thru butter, both by bullet or a blade. Knives are a always a great secondary. One of the many implements of my EDC kit.