Who has installed AC Auto carpeting????

Koenigturbo

Authorized Seller
I have a set of brand new AC Auto carpeting, when I opened it the entire carpet was puckered up in various place's who has trouble installing this carpet?? Who has installed this and what method did you use to flatten the carpet? so far I have used water and bricks to weight in down and flatten it, I used water to soften it and bricks to flatten it, who has a better idea and is my method a bad idea???

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I have new carpet to go in, haven't installed it yet though. Everything I read about installing basically said to leave it out in the sun to soften up. It will be difficult to install and trim.

Koenigturbo

Authorized Seller
I have new carpet to go in, haven't installed it yet though. Everything I read about installing basically said to leave it out in the sun to soften up. It will be difficult to install and trim.
Thank you Enraged, I called customer service they "basically said the same thing, they also advised to use a hair dryer, I'll try both. What did you use carpet backing or sound deadener?

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I haven't installed it yet, I'm just going to rip out the stock crappy burgandy carpet and put in the new black carpet as is.

Zazzn

OLD school
Authorized Seller
I installed but had to send back the first one because there was a big gap. I sent my original carpet and they sent it back. I left it out in the sun while I made the cuts and it seemed to unfold.

Koenigturbo

Authorized Seller
I installed but had to send back the first one because there was a big gap. I sent my original carpet and they sent it back. I left it out in the sun while I made the cuts and it seemed to unfold.
Why did you send them your original carpet?? To show them the difference in the gap?? Thanks very much "E"