Where did everyone go?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Authorized Seller
Update: first off typing with a cast on your left arm and hand is a pita. I had a bone spur removed a week ago and he put me in a cast because id tore my tendon loose from the bone. I'm in this for another week and I cant wait to get it off.
The car is running great. It's not where I"d like it to be yet but it gets closer all the time. I'm having a few problems with instrument panel at the moment. The fuel gauge isn't working and I've tried a few different instrument clusters. The r154 doesn't like going into fourth very smoothly. It will go in there but it like me to be rough with it.
I've painted it....AGAIN, but this time I really like the color. I feel once I get the auto in and fix a few bugs, it will be an awesome work of art. The new ccw's I put on it really set off the dark blue.
To everyone reading this, don't be a stranger. Lets get this place buzzing again. Later, Jay Suprahero Hayes.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Authorized Seller
Update: first off typing with a cast on your left arm and hand is a pita. I had a bone spur removed a week ago and he put me in a cast because id tore my tendon loose from the bone. I'm in this for another week and I cant wait to get it off.
The car is running great. It's not where I"d like it to be yet but it gets closer all the time. I'm having a few problems with instrument panel at the moment. The fuel gauge isn't working and I've tried a few different instrument clusters. The r154 doesn't like going into fourth very smoothly. It will go in there but it like me to be rough with it.
I've painted it....AGAIN, but this time I really like the color. I feel once I get the auto in and fix a few bugs, it will be an awesome work of art. The new ccw's I put on it really set off the dark blue.
To everyone reading this, don't be a stranger. Lets get this place buzzing again. Later, Jay Suprahero Hayes.
You can't just brag about some awesome CCW's and new paint and NOT show us a picture! Come on, Jay, let's see it!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Authorized Seller
I'll have to upload some to my computer and I'll post them up tomorrow. All I have is some iPhone pictures.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Authorized Seller
Can someone let me text a few pictures to them? It's saying these are too large and Ive tried resizing them. Thanks.

I put some on my instagram at supraherohayes just a few minutes ago. I'd like to get them on here, but can't figure out how. It used to be easy with photobucket but I don't have that now.

Last edited:
Reactions: SupraMario

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
Hows this Jay?

Where did you find that strut bar? :D

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Authorized Seller
I built it about ten years ago. I bought a mkiv strut brace. Ground through the welds and then rewelded it. Thanks for the pictures.

Piratetip

Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
I built it about ten years ago. I bought a mkiv strut brace. Ground through the welds and then rewelded it. Thanks for the pictures.
Ah nice.

How is that diff holding up I built for you?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Authorized Seller
The diff is doing awesomely. It's the transmission you didn't build for me that's the problem...…..lol

Piratetip

Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
Well that is both good and bad to hear.
It's tough to find people that do good work for sure.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
I’m around. I check in from time to time. Life’s been crazy. I’ve made some... questionable decisions, however I don’t regret them so does that make them not questionable?

I left a good paying job in July 2018 to fulfill a lifelong dream of traveling the country. Wasn’t supposed to work out that way (leaving the job) but it did. Me and my wife spent 40 days cruising the country, including a LOT of Old Route 66. It was incredible.
However, we both got home to no jobs, a mortgage, and the montage of bills every month. I hustled every day to make ends meet, as did my wife.

I ended up taking a crap job that paid less than I made in high school- I’m 35 now- but had wicked benefits. It sucked, but it set me up very well to nail down my current job which pays even better than the one I left in 2018, and I love the work.

Finally clawing my way back up. Supra been sitting in the corner indefinitely. I do still have all my super rare parts. :)

life is crazy, but stay focused and do everything with a plan- it’ll turn out alright.

debrucer

It's about the journey
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I’m around. I check in from time to time. Life’s been crazy. I’ve made some... questionable decisions, however I don’t regret them so does that make them not questionable?

I left a good paying job in July 2018 to fulfill a lifelong dream of traveling the country. Wasn’t supposed to work out that way (leaving the job) but it did. Me and my wife spent 40 days cruising the country, including a LOT of Old Route 66. It was incredible.
However, we both got home to no jobs, a mortgage, and the montage of bills every month. I hustled every day to make ends meet, as did my wife.

I ended up taking a crap job that paid less than I made in high school- I’m 35 now- but had wicked benefits. It sucked, but it set me up very well to nail down my current job which pays even better than the one I left in 2018, and I love the work.

Finally clawing my way back up. Supra been sitting in the corner indefinitely. I do still have all my super rare parts. :)

life is crazy, but stay focused and do everything with a plan- it’ll turn out alright.
Good to see you. Life gets in the way sometimes. Congrats on the new job. (and yes, 66 is amazing).

Reactions: shaeff

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Authorized Seller
Chris, I know all abought changing jobs. I've done construction work just about all my life in one form or another. I'm going to school next month in atlanta to learn about water restoration. Another job I've done already but never owned a business doing it. I've got to take another class in Atl in February for microbial spraying. Hopefully I make as much money as I think I'm going to. Glad you've got things going your way now and you had a cool month and a half vaca.
Glad I got some of the pictures up for you guys to see. I still have a few things to do to it to make it perfect.

Reactions: shaeff and debrucer

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Authorized Seller
Contributor
@shaeff

That sounds like a blast! I did that stuff when I was supposed to be in college, set me back a bit but %100 was worth it. Can't do it now since the farm and animals but I wouldn't trade this life for anything.

@suprahero

Damn the color looks great, but....I was a fan of the baby blue lol. Now that it's running, is it a daily or garage queen still? Lol

Reactions: shaeff

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Authorized Seller
Definitely a garage queen. I've got the tank tore apart atm. Hopefully get the other fuel pump installed this weekend. I'm waiting on a few AN fittings to be delivered. I'm thinking seriously about dropping the subframe and replacing the bushings on it. It's like the list never ends. I get one thing finished and two things come up.

debrucer

It's about the journey
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Definitely a garage queen. I've got the tank tore apart atm. Hopefully get the other fuel pump installed this weekend. I'm waiting on a few AN fittings to be delivered. I'm thinking seriously about dropping the subframe and replacing the bushings on it. It's like the list never ends. I get one thing finished and two things come up.
Sometimes I'm almost positive I've taken mine too far apart :) Those sub-frame bushings don't look nearly as bad as they did ten years ago.

Piratetip

Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
The good thing about taking everything down to it's core parts is that you know for sure it's been rebuilt.
Do that for every sub assembly on the car and everything is new!
Probably easier to buy a new car, but we all have some kind of Supra obsession. :cool:

Piratetip

Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
Its not really that bad.
The worst part I had was the parking brake cables that hadn't been apart in forever.

Otherwise the removal job is quite easy.

The cleaning, welding/reinforcing, painting, removal and re-install of new bushings is another story. :D

A70nut

Authorized Seller
Those ccws really set off the blue and vise versa, all I ever knew was the light blue when I was a kid, but I really like this look too!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Authorized Seller
Its not really that bad.
The worst part I had was the parking brake cables that hadn't been apart in forever.

Otherwise the removal job is quite easy.

The cleaning, welding/reinforcing, painting, removal and re-install of new bushings is another story. :D
I wish I'd seen this before fighting with the ebrake cable. It took us about an hour and a half to get the car on stands and everything unbolted. It took us two hours to figure out the ebrake. Neither one of us are mechanics. We're both carpenters. We took the rotors off and all of the e brake stuff thinking we could pull the cable through the hole in the rotors. ………..NOT!!! Finally figured it out.

This blue looks realy good in person. It has a lot of pearl in the clear coat. Thanks Nut.

Piratetip

Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
Haha, oh man...
Well you got it.

figgie

Authorized Seller
Contributor
I have been active across the boards to include some light activity in FB.

Shaeff!

Nice to see you back. I was in the same boat in the job department. Back in December 2017. I quit my job. It was a Friday at 12pm. It was spectacular.

Did the real estate flipping. Lost our asses off, found a job that paid less than the one I quit in december of 2018 out of necessity but I had a different attitude and outlook.

That gave me the opportunity to find another job paying more and doing remote work. It is great.

Still digging ourselves out of the financial hole. I have a supra that I bought in April. It is about to get MoTec'd by myself. :)

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Mine unfortunately hasn't seen a road in like 7 years now :(, better to be a garage queen that get's worked on and driven, than be a garage queen collecting dust. lol

debrucer

It's about the journey
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Mine unfortunately hasn't seen a road in like 7 years now :(, better to be a garage queen that get's worked on and driven, than be a garage queen collecting dust. lol
That's nothing. Mine's been in one of three garages since 2006. Two weeks ago she was off the jack stands for the first time in two years, and it sat in the driveway for a week... rained on three or four times, back in the garage now, but with space to move around :)

My garage for the past 7 years is in a commercial area, zoned for what I might want to do with it, but, it's been so crowded that it's been an exercise just to do anything. So, my more resent project is a tow bar, custom fit to the front tie-down brackets, extended to come out below the front bumper at 6 or less inches, then there's a riser so the thing can be level with my 9-inch high trailer ball.

Here's the over-all setup. A pre-made "Tow Rite" tow bar, and my homemade bracket:

IMG_1193.jpg

Here it is from another angle, lined up with my car:

IMG_1194.jpg

Spent the day today cutting these four brackets and drilling them:

IMG_1199.jpg

they're 3/16th inch, by 3 inch by 12. I will bend them tomorrow on my HF press/brake.

Here's what the bracket looks like bolted to the car:

IMG_1203.jpg

So, the plan now to move the car home to the carport, complete stuff at the garage, assemble pieces at home, and tow back to the garage when I need the tools, or whatever.

As I sit here writing all this BS, I wondered why I was writing this in this forum... Guess the garage queens just got to me :)

Cheers!

Happy New Year to all!

David

A70nut

Authorized Seller
That's nothing. Mine's been in one of three garages since 2006. Two weeks ago she was off the jack stands for the first time in two years, and it sat in the driveway for a week... rained on three or four times, back in the garage now, but with space to move around :)

My garage for the past 7 years is in a commercial area, zoned for what I might want to do with it, but, it's been so crowded that it's been an exercise just to do anything. So, my more resent project is a tow bar, custom fit to the front tie-down brackets, extended to come out below the front bumper at 6 or less inches, then there's a riser so the thing can be level with my 9-inch high trailer ball.

Here's the over-all setup. A pre-made "Tow Rite" tow bar, and my homemade bracket:

View attachment 82621

Here it is from another angle, lined up with my car:

View attachment 82622

Spent the day today cutting these four brackets and drilling them:

View attachment 82623

they're 3/16th inch, by 3 inch by 12. I will bend them tomorrow on my HF press/brake.

Here's what the bracket looks like bolted to the car:

View attachment 82624

So, the plan now to move the car home to the carport, complete stuff at the garage, assemble pieces at home, and tow back to the garage when I need the tools, or whatever.

As I sit here writing all this BS, I wondered why I was writing this in this forum... Guess the garage queens just got to me :)

Cheers!

Happy New Year to all!

David
Sounds like that towbar is gonna give the car more movement than the 7m has in a few years ;) do you have a dedicated build thread I can watch?

Reactions: debrucer

rodel

SoCal
Authorized Seller
There are a bunch of us oldschoolers in a Facebook secret group named : CLUB A70.

It would be great to interact with more oldschoolers. If you'd like to join us, please message me .