Where did everyone go?

Boostin88T

Mk4 Slayer
Authorized Seller
I'm alive, kinda...

Even in NY there are less and less MK3's around and hardly any MK4's. Everyone these days are driving those new BMW's.

plaaya69

87T Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I couldnt agree with Jeff more. 15 years ago when I bought my 1st car I had 5k to spend and I wanted to buy the fastest foriegn car that could be easily modified and looked halfway decent. I settled on the supra. My supra has still never seen more than stock boost. Most young kids that bought these cars wanted to turn up the boost but didnt have the money to do it properly and ruined them. All of those cars were totaled or ended up with blown head gaskets and are now in a junk yard somewhere. As time goes on the only supras still left are ones people have actually taken care of and are out of young kids price range. The MK3 has never brought big money but over the past year i have seen this start to change.
That is why when I first joined here and got my Supra in high school I only put a 3" exhaust, shimmed wastegate and a intake filter but before I did all that I did the proper maintenance with all new hoses, belts, fluids, full tune up as well and check the overall health of the 7mGTE motor. It lasted great for me with no problems and I pulled the motor last year with it still running great.

Back then you had to worry about the fast and furious tacky interior parts and lighting aslie in the store. Now you have all these cheap Chinese parts coming in runing motors with inexperienced people installing them with no mechanical knowledge which makes it a double wammy. Do not get me started on the drift/stance crowd but I do like a vehicle that is done the right way and still safe for the road.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
I'm still around. Real Life (TM) has taken over. House, wife, daily things to do. I'm busy, still have my Supra. It's currently a gutted, rust free shell. Needs a paint job, roll cage, then it can start going back together. Unfortunately I don't think it'll fit in my basement, so it stays in my parents' garage, buried under all sorts of crap.

I'm selling my e36 M3 and my Tacoma to buy my brother's "(newer) Tacoma. Once I get that in the next few weeks, we'll be saving for a front porch on the house, then a garage. Perhaps one day I'll circle back around to the car. I miss it and think of it often.

A70BoosTFienD

A.K.A. Knight Rider
Authorized Seller
Just last night Jon an I were talking about the old days and how we operate though life has morphed from taking the time to really learn and perfect the art of something to "just get it done" especially when it comes to the car scene. The new generation just wants the car to be what they want it to be without really enjoying the journey of getting there. The power we can make now compared to when we all were pretty active here has changed significantly too lol. 500-600 hp back then was top tier and now its childs play lol

rodel

SoCal
Authorized Seller
The new generation has benefitted from the research of the older generation, more abundant supply of aftermarket parts, and new technology.

I am refining my car with the old school flavor and updated new school.

What are you all doing to your cars?

plaaya69

87T Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
The new generation has benefitted from the research of the older generation, more abundant supply of aftermarket parts, and new technology.

I am refining my car with the old school flavor and updated new school.

What are you all doing to your cars?
I have been enjoying my 7m since I joined here but I decided it was time to build it up by taking advantage of newer technology, new parts, old information and combining it with old 7m technology to make a mini monster lol.

A quick overview of what I have done to the motor:

- a fully built 7mGTE
- ECU Masters standalone
- made a new 7m engine wiring harness that plugs right into the standalone. It has the standalone firing the factory coils but runs sequential fuel injection, Bosch knock sensors, 1200cc low independence injectors, Acura Legend fuel injector resistor box, e85 content sensor and 2 tunes to blend the maps for pump gas and e85.
- bolt-on SP 6262 Precision Turbo.

Its amazing all the parts left over from switching over to a standalone.