What's this noise on hot start?

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Authorized Seller
Heard this noise a few times now after hot starts. Sounds like an excessive amount of intake noise, like a low roaring almost like the sound a large truck makes when breathing hard from a stop. Increases in volume with engine speed, seems like it's coming more from the driver side than passenger. In higher gears once road noise and wind pick up it's just barely audible but enough that you notice a different note to the engine. Always goes away after a few minutes of driving. Is this something related to heat soak after it's sat for 15-20 min?

Asterix

Lurker of Power
Authorized Seller
Is it the engine fan? The temperature-controlled viscous coupling makes the fan noise change, as well as taking 20-30 seconds to settle after starting.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Authorized Seller
That makes a lot of sense, as it does sound like fan noise. I wonder why I never noticed it with the GE fan. Wonder if it was still fully functional

Asterix

Lurker of Power
Authorized Seller
At this point, many are not functional as all the silicone goo has leaked out. I refilled mine several years ago, but I think it's time to check it again. It's an easy fix.