Whats the stupidest thing you have done to your supra?

ERA

Authorized Seller
Went for a ride without the targa last year (from what I'm assuming was it's first time in the 18 years its been around) and now it leaks and its noisy

(.__.) . . .

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Do you have a targa tool..?

it's like $15 for both pieces brand new for Toyota. Also you need to tighten it in order, and on a level surface and if necessary, re-tighten it after a few miles of driving..

ERA

Authorized Seller
Do you have a targa tool..?

it's like $15 for both pieces brand new for Toyota. Also you need to tighten it in order, and on a level surface and if necessary, re-tighten it after a few miles of driving..
Oh I knew all that prior, it just wouldn't have happen if I hadn't done it altogether lol

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Authorized Seller
Contributor
my targa rattles and squeaks like a can full of nails and mice, but I wouldn't have it any other way...

well, I could do without the leaks, but yeah.....:D

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Really? I've bought numerous high priced items from them, got nothing but the best customer service...:(

sorry to hear about yours..

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Authorized Seller
Mixed up the bolts for the shifter plate and the rubber covers for the shifter, when changing the bushings. I think proceeded to break not just one, but two bolts in the transmission shifter section. What a screwfest it was getting those out.

I now heavily practice the "think before you do" things system of automotive work.

Pyrite

Authorized Seller
I bought my first in the middle of an auto to manual swap without knowing anything about the car. Get the thing all put together and ready to go and low in behold ... BHG of coarse. Get that fixed drive it for awhile clutch slippin like mad.... because i put the clutch disk in backwards. Then I buy another. Its an 87 its white and the top end has been removed for about 2 months but the price is right. The next one is all my brother. He spends all the money getting the head re done so he can ditch his honda and drive the NA while we build a motor for it. Well as he was re-assembling the motor the timing belt skips some teeth. He didn't bother to check. Well after some clanking and banging and being like WHAT the F!!! Did we realize what he had done. We fixed the timing but the damage was done. Still runs just a little funny. Runs "better" every time we start it I swear. Then as he is adjusting the ignition timing he leans in and.... did i mention the fan has no shroud.... he cracks the fan with his fore arm. So we remove the fan and thermostat. Runs great doesn't over heat and sounds like some sort of monster (cut the muffler off). Ya we learned alot.

kabanimk3supra

kabanimk3supra
Authorized Seller
I took my supra to "professional" because i didn't trust myself to do a rebuild.

I'm having to do a re-rebuild, and I'm doing it myself this time around.

the bastard stole a bunch of parts from me and did a shitty job on the rebuild.

caugh* VDP motorsports and tuning* cough* bastard theif liar *cough* steve vang*cough*

terror

Antibliss
Authorized Seller
i didnt drive my car for a month because it was throwing a code 31, was running like garbage and i was having a hard time finding a new map sensor, finally got it after $150 and turns out i just had the safc on the wrong setting :3d_frown:.

ms07s

TORGUE!
Authorized Seller
I should be a few parts shy of a running supra for once...only problem is now I can't get anybody to give me a hand to drop the motor in....unless I pay them money but I don't have that.
Thats what friends, a case of beer, and 2 large pizzas are for. If I was closer I would help you out.

89nasupra

Sugar, Water, Purple
Authorized Seller
clueless i would be more than happy to help but theres like a 13 hour ride so i'll have to pass.

i bought two non running mkiii's also. got one running with good ol eBay head gasket set and that lasted for 2 months went with Felpro teh second time and it lasted till the rod knock and now i'm doing a gte swap which should be in the car tomorrow. and after that i will get the other car running.

Thats what friends, a case of beer, and 2 large pizzas are for. If I was closer I would help you out.
Sounds good right now, I wonder how many would take up on that offer...hmm...

clueless i would be more than happy to help but theres like a 13 hour ride so i'll have to pass.

i bought two non running mkiii's also. got one running with good ol eBay head gasket set and that lasted for 2 months went with Felpro teh second time and it lasted till the rod knock and now i'm doing a gte swap which should be in the car tomorrow. and after that i will get the other car running.
Thanks guys for being thoughtful, it means a lot to me....

kabanimk3supra

kabanimk3supra
Authorized Seller

Dude it's not that hard, just go do it. It took me about four hours to pull my motorset out with no help, just my cat getting in the way.

if you have questions, im sure you can get them answered here.

good luck.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
not getting off the freeway to tighten my good condition stock lip. it fell off. right as i was about to get off.

roundfinger

Authorized Seller
Contributor
Stupidest thing....Bought one, sold her, bought another one, sunk a fortune into her, sold her, bought another one, sunk another fortune into this one, then thought about selling her too. And might if i could get a 1j/2j 5spd in decent shape.

ms07s

TORGUE!
Authorized Seller
Call around. You would be suprised how many people will jump for beer and pizza. Maybe throw a rental movie in to sweeten the deal a bit. You don't even need a car savey crew; just some extra hands and muscle.

not getting off the freeway to tighten my good condition stock lip. it fell off. right as i was about to get off.
That sucks! Good stockers are hard to come by.

staticpage

<B>Banned: Scammer, liar, cheat and thief</B>
Sat in a 90 supra at the junk yard two years ago and said “I want one” to my ex-wife. Two years later I bought a broke down almost mint exterior 89. All together with car, 1jz swap (including replacing tools my wife was awarded in divorce) 6K and I still never even drove a supra yet. Hope it’s worth the effort.

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Authorized Seller
beating on the car after i bought it. im still paying for the stuff i broke/messed up now, comes back to haunt me all the time. live and learn i guess ill never do it to that level again.

but it made for good video!