What did you do to your supra today? Pics

supraguy@aol

Authorized Seller
Today I pulled the Supra out of retirement, charged its battery and replaced the faulty clutch master.
I began driving my '86 MR2, about three months ago; it had been sitting for about 12 years.
I rebuilt the engine, and put on new shocks, brakes, wheels and tires, sound system and alarm, and started using it as my economical d.d., so that I
could tear apart the Supra to do a real restoration on it. Unfortunately, the new motor in the MR2, began rod-knocking slightly,
burning oil, and now just blew its head gasket. So the Supra has been called back to active duty, while I locate a better 4AGE for the MR2.

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Authorized Seller
@ Supraguy@aol That sucks, good thing you didn't start tearing the supra apart I guess.

Yesterday and for the last few days I have been fiberglassing my body kit, damn thing was not well made and I am having to reshape some parts of it.

manofanhour

Authorized Seller
Dropped My Alternator...

I really like this bracket... was a PITA to get it to mount and get the car running afterwards, but I think it looks good.

Also Cleaned about 22 years of grim from the passenger side of the bay..

Its a work in progress

Greek

Authorized Seller
Today: Did the smallest boost run, maybe 2 seconds. Saw a black and white, thought "Oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck", drove on without any blues and twos and took some deep ass breaths on the remainder of the way to work.

enjoi.this

<B>Formerly ChrisC</B>
Authorized Seller
Installed a deck in the car and finally got to test out the new 6 speaker setup with 6" door pods. Huuuge difference highly recommended :D

manofanhour

Authorized Seller
Nick,

There was no ac there to start with when I purchased the car, but yes I am toying with the FFIM idea... Any advice?

frankindank

Authorized Seller
Yes its just a home depot lip.
but im definitely glad i didnt
spend 300 on one just yet because
it would already be trashed!

Timeless6270

Authorized Seller
Working on the support braces for my manifold, and putting the cowl/hood weather stripping back on. Next, start cleaning under the hood

gsxr141

Authorized Seller
still needs a drop, then roll and pull. no rubbing issues at stock height, though. lol

MKIIISupraGuy

Put this on the other day. Very first HKS item on my Supra. It's not much, but it's mine lol.

More fun to come when my new BOV kit gets here next week....:naughty:

Rickstar22

Rocker...Not Hippie
Authorized Seller
Now, I know alot of people aren't into this kind of thing, but I have a friend in NY that makes reproduction decals for vehicles as a hobby. He wanted to do something "Original but not original" for a Supra, I decided to be a guinea pig...

I'll roll with them for a while, I kinda like them. Looks real good in person...

Last edited:

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
I finished fabrication of my fuel pump hanger to house my new Aeromotive 340 pumps :excited:

Edit: Per IJ's skepticism, pics!

It's an unbelievably tight fit to get these in and out of that tiny stock hole!

Last edited:

CyFi6

Aliens.
Authorized Seller
Now, I know alot of people aren't into this kind of thing, but I have a friend in NY that makes reproduction decals for vehicles as a hobby. He wanted to do something "Original but not original" for a Supra, I decided to be a guinea pig...

http://www.supramania.com/photobucket/post-1731102-1-Supra0711DecalForum.jpg

http://www.supramania.com/photobucket/post-1731102-2-Supra0711DecalFprum.jpg

http://www.supramania.com/photobucket/post-1731102-3-Supra0711DecalForum3.jpg

http://www.supramania.com/photobucket/post-1731102-4-Supra0711DecalForum2.jpg
I'll roll with them for a while, I kinda like them. Looks real good in person...
Not really my thing but I do like the placement!

supraguy@aol

Authorized Seller

I dig those, but not sure of where you placed them.

Today, I pulled the entire font bumper assembly(with help from a friend) off a junked, '92 teal blue 5spd turbo targa, with shadow grey interior.
Got the whole thing- header panel/grills/bumper/lip- just basically unbolted the beam from the frame rails- for $125.
Fact is, i couldn't see anything really wroing with the car, and nothing at all had been taken from it. Plus- The girl that owns the yard(yes, girl) is kinda HOT.
Guess I'll go back.

Oh- also installed a factory-new throttle cable, and received my first of three IS300 coils in the mail.

gsxr141

Authorized Seller
i finally installed the new 10 blade fan and clutch setup i bought last week. while i was in there, i removed the rest of the a/c parts. i'm hoping that removing the condenser will help the cooling system.

mkiiichip

Authorized Seller
I lost my overflow bottle somewhere between the swap and the move, so I put a new one in. I was pleased it came with a new line, and just barely fits above the intercooler.

LoveMySupra

Authorized Seller
Yesterday: Hit 6 pounds of boost, for the first time ever!, on a lil test run around the block! Saaawweeeeeet!