What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Authorized Seller
Installed the new Denso mk4 turbo pump and was surprised at how clean the 31 year old gas tank was. I gotta give a thanks to @3p141592654 for showing off the pump and providing info on the filter sock. I was amazed that it was a perfect OE fit, well worth the extra cost over the Walbro (not even taking into account it flows more too). Saving the relay wiring for tomorrow.

Reactions: 3p141592654

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Authorized Seller
In and running, AFRs were down to the 9s so I'm slowly backing off the pressure til I hit 11.5 at WOT. My old pump and wiring were definitely having a hard time keeping up with the Lexus AFM, the new one at 14V has no issues. I'll have to get a finished pic later.

JDMMA70

Authorized Seller
was working on my other 88 putting the interior back together after sitting for 10 years. Found a cancer spot that I'll need to address, luckily it isnt too bad. The car only has 74k on the odo so im surprised this is the only rust spot.

All I need to do now is either repair the cracked dash or find another maroon dash, locate some maroon window switch covers, and the interior will be back in one piece. Then I can focus on the 1JZ swap.

123231644_816229255865668_1615540757784847683_n.jpg

debrucer

It's about the journey
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Finally finished putting the flywheel and clutch back together after fixing the pilot bearing that I crushed. Engine and transmission are bolted back in place and the whole thing rotates smoothly... no noise from the pilot bearing :)

It has been a while. So glad to see that part done. jobs to do next are 1) valve lash adjustment and 2) sensor mounting on crank and cam (to read trigger wheels for Speeduino/stand-alone) and 3) refit the intake, turbo, etc., and other sensors, 4) plumb turbo for water cooling... to be continued, I'm sure.

Feels good. I'm exhausted.

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
Nice!
I will be parking mine for the winter soon.
You have good weather all year, use it! :cool:

Reactions: debrucer