What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Authorized Seller
Looks really sweet! I removed my charcoal canister in 07, but I'd like to add it back in. I'll be sure to keep my eyes peeled for one from the older 4Runners. Great work!

-Nick
While I was working on getting the downpipe and compressor housing back together I didn't realize just how much gas vapor the canister sees. Had to stop working and go to the store for some more fuel line to hook it up since the fumes were awful. Glad I went to the trouble of relocating mine.

Also, if you do find the can make sure to grab the bracket that goes with it. The 4R bracket puts it at a slight angle that sits nicely behind the wheel well but I think the old pickup bracket might sit a little straighter, from what I saw in the junkyard after I pulled mine. Either way, provides enough clearance for the gas arms on the hood to close.

Reactions: XofXtimeX

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Authorized Seller
Well second-guessed myself enough that I ended up sending the Innovate SCG-1 back and ordering an AEM X-series UEGO and their Tru Boost controller, plus a Lotek pillar pod. While driving last night I realized I use the needle sweep in the corner of my vision a lot more than the specific value. Combine that with me wanting something that's not blindingly bright at night and the auto-dimming red display with green sweep should perform a lot better than multiple numbers on a white display. Luckily I can still make use of the HBX I welded to the downpipe over the weekend.

Last edited:

Abe's 1987

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Authorized Seller
Nice looking diff!

Finally got everything back together. An easy switch to the 4Runner can, then I test-fit the Innovate HXB-1 to the downpipe since the bung wasn't 24" downstream from the turbo outlet. Like an idiot, I didn't put anti-seize on and it locked down tight, luckily very close to the index mark that locates the inlet of the spacer. The impact gun couldn't back it out, the ratchet and breaker bar budged it enough to index it. So the rotary tool came out, cut off the brass crush washer and seal-welded with stainless rod. Now it won't move, and I remembered to put a coat of anti-seize on the plug while I collect the electrical to install the SCG-1. Also put on the old test pipe while the downpipe was out while I'm waiting for the high-flow cat.

To finish it off, I went to put on the undercover and found that the hot side intake pipe was too low, and starting to wear a little where the sway bar was rubbing on it. Had to take the compressor housing off to remove the roll pin, then clocked it and reinserted the snap ring. Finally got the new undercover on after that, still have to pick up a few longer M6 bolts to make some room for the oil thermostat and the larger piping.

Kinda sucks you can't really see much of the awesome paint job you did on the block.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Authorized Seller
Does the 4 runner charcoal canister have a 2psi check valve?
My mouth isn't calibrated but I did try to blow back through the purge connection (so flow would go purge to tank) and wasn't able to flow any air. I took this to mean the canister would be ok under boost. As for keeping the tank under pressure to assist the fuel pump, I'm hoping that Toyota used the same design basis during those years for all of their in-tank pumps.

TravisTracer

Authorized Seller
"The car's brakes were having problems, so it took me the whole morning to fix it. And have just installed a set of tires every season from michelin at the beginning of the week"
Same here. I'm also going to install a set of Michelin tires tomorrow. I've heard so many positive reviews about this particular tire brand, so I pulled the trigger and bought a whole set from 4WheelOnline last week.

Reactions: Clip

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Authorized Seller
I've been very impressed with the Pilot Sport A/S 3+ on the 5 series, but also had good luck with Kumho's summer performance tires on the Supra and Hankook/Kumho a/s performance on the IS. I'm hoping the current Kumhos hold out on the Supra til next spring and replace wheels and tires together.