It also helps them move faster on changing out tires. If i remember right talking to one of the staff members, they have a time quota they must meet for each car and normally are busy as heck so they try to rush cars out as quick as possible. But this does have its flaws. My brother has had issues with tires leaking right at the seal of the tire and rim becuase the job was rushed. Happened to him 5 times on 4 different cars.I can't say anything, the little mom and pop down the street used two. Those guys were pretty good about figuring out the center of gravity probably would've used one if they weren't the type to allow for a safety factor.
Did you have them check the spare?Thanks, although it was relatively clean to start with. It was a bit of a puzzle to remember how things went back in, too, but I cleaned up along the way as well.
Today the Supra got a new set of tires. I wasn't planning on this, but I have the upcoming trip and when I was getting the spare tire replacement, the staff pointed out that my other tires were all 10-13 years old. Even though they have good tread, that did not sit well with me, so I had new tires put on today. Having a single day to get this done, I didn't have a lot of options, and ended up going with Goodyear Eagle Sport A/S tires, all in the stock size. Seem just fine so far. Unfortunately, one of the center caps is now missing. And I did inspect each TIRE before I left, but apparently glossed over the center cap area. Will call them in the morning and hopefully they have it.
I agree. That was the part of the build I've been most unhappy with - piping that is hit or miss and looks like crap, cheap t bolt clamps (broke one last night when the stud let loose) and the silicone couplers could be better. I did it this way since I didn't have access to AC TIG, but it's only temporary til I do so I can get the fit and finish better. I even debated blasting it to a matte finish to try and hide it better.Why cant these companies at least make the upper section of intercooler piping for the 7M look decent. I wish we could still get Cooleze piping kits, or LIPP. CXRacing piping fits like dog shit. I know it works but I just wish it was more aesthetically pleasing and fix better.
@suprarx7nut, wanna get one last dig in before I swap the crusty canister out with this smaller one? It's going to clean up niceThe downside of your epic engine block cleanliness is that your EVAP canister, cruise control and power steering pump now look like hell.
Aw jeez, now I'm on the spot. Hm... Ok. How about this?
I approve. +1 for using fire-related imagery for the burn.Aw jeez, now I'm on the spot. Hm... Ok. How about this?
Your charcoal canister is really letting down that engine bay. It looks like it's actually made out of charred coal.
How'd I do?
Nice one, i also still enjoy the Lexus steering column, so much better!Well I managed to get everything back together and on the ground again.
Went on a short drive in the dark.
I can say that the steering shaft / intermediate shaft modification was without a doubt worth doing.
It took care of nearly all the steering slop or dead on center feel.
Good thing I didn't try and dive into the steering rack again, this fixed all of it.
Would do again, steering is Soo much better now.
You don't realize how much slop that inner bonded rubber in the steering shaft causes until you replace it.
The CV inner plunge repair also feels much better than before.
Most of the noise is gone and the car feels smoother/crisper on and off throttle.
Overall just much better feeling.
The repacking with new grease probably helps significantly as well.
Back to driving this car to work again until something else breaks!
Looks really sweet! I removed my charcoal canister in 07, but I'd like to add it back in. I'll be sure to keep my eyes peeled for one from the older 4Runners. Great work!Nice looking diff!
Finally got everything back together. An easy switch to the 4Runner can, then I test-fit the Innovate HXB-1 to the downpipe since the bung wasn't 24" downstream from the turbo outlet. Like an idiot, I didn't put anti-seize on and it locked down tight, luckily very close to the index mark that locates the inlet of the spacer. The impact gun couldn't back it out, the ratchet and breaker bar budged it enough to index it. So the rotary tool came out, cut off the brass crush washer and seal-welded with stainless rod. Now it won't move, and I remembered to put a coat of anti-seize on the plug while I collect the electrical to install the SCG-1. Also put on the old test pipe while the downpipe was out while I'm waiting for the high-flow cat.
To finish it off, I went to put on the undercover and found that the hot side intake pipe was too low, and starting to wear a little where the sway bar was rubbing on it. Had to take the compressor housing off to remove the roll pin, then clocked it and reinserted the snap ring. Finally got the new undercover on after that, still have to pick up a few longer M6 bolts to make some room for the oil thermostat and the larger piping.