What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
The easiest place possible, the inlet feed to the turbo.

The other locations are either much larger heater hoses, or are so hard to get to its not feasible to place a filter there.

Took ~20 min to drain some coolant pull that line and put back the stock one.
Refill coolant - done.

After helping a friend repair their BMW this past weekend, I am so glad to work on a Toyota.

Reactions: Justin727

A70nut

Authorized Seller
Has anyone installed a bypass filter to their coolant system?

I tried this over the summer, so only a few months and not many miles. (~2,000 probably)
Really surprised as to how much crap it caught in the system.
Mind you this was installed after a recent flush and filling it with new Toyota Red Coolant.
Most of the components in the coolant system are also new.

Have a look:
I knew something was in the filter after pouring out backwards what was inside.
The grey liquid in the container was what came out, lots of weird floaties.

I cracked the filter housing open to have a look inside, and wow!
Lots of Grey Goop, I have no idea where that came from.
The filter was clearly getting very clogged as it was starting to deform.
Luckly the inside filter medium was still pink and intact.
I am glad I removed it when I did.
Appears to have done its job, the coolant I drained from the engine was spotless, like it was poured out of a new jug.
The last couple images are what the filter medium looked like after I sprayed it with water and compressed air.
Curious as to if you used tap or distilled water in the red mix? I know around here with the hard water we have the filter would probably clog pretty quick just from the terrible water quality.

YotedmyMA70

Authorized Seller
I’ve been busy with the car the last couple months. The new sound system was finished about a week ago and I had been working on it since September. My dad owned the car before me and he had already installed a subwoofer with an amp to go with it, so I installed a new head unit, new door and rear speakers, a new amp for those speakers, and new wiring going to everything. The sound is awesome now, I’m using 6.5” kickers in the doors and 5” kickers in the rear with a 600W max amp going to them. I still have some sound issues when using Bluetooth with the new head unit, so I’m just going to use CD’s and pretend I’m in the 90’s lol.
F17778A4-1269-4A3D-949A-B981FE4C3B09.jpeg
I also went into the driver side door and replaced the window motor and greased everything while I had it open.
CE7FA5D4-4FB4-49D8-AD4A-54DC02450962.jpeg E54E9A01-246D-42EE-88EF-A65CC630570E.jpeg
I had Tein Flex Z coil overs delivered to me at the beginning of November and had planned to install them this spring, but my dad and I had thanksgiving weekend off so we decided to install them yesterday. I’m very grateful that he was able to help me, I don’t think I would’ve finished this weekend on my own lol. The old springs were cut by a previous owner, but now the car sits lower than it was with the old strut/springs. I accidentally squished the inter cooler a little bit on the jack lift when I went to lower it. It has a small bend there now, but I’m hoping it’s not seriously damaged. I have new low profile ramps that I should’ve used when I was putting it down, I just hadn’t thought everything through at that point.

23642987-5CA9-4086-8085-CC27013DC275.jpeg

I also decided to swap the BMW caps I put on my wheels for some caps that I put Toyota stickers on.
9B644710-9803-4DBC-B1D9-6C666E0685CC.jpeg
I’m currently working on removing the security system from the car. The car stop cranking at some point after I had finished installing the sound system, so I need to get it running again so I don’t drain the battery. A previous owner installed an aftermarket security system, but didn’t seem to remove the stock one, so I started by locating the stock one and following the steps in an old thread to remove it. The car still wouldn’t start so I located the aftermarket system, and now I’m going to try to remove its wiring from the system. I think I may install a kill switch for now, and maybe get a more modern security system in the future. I just want to get the car on the road and see what it does.

The forums have been a huge help for me, so thanks to everyone keeping this place alive.

Attachments

Reactions: debrucer

debrucer

It's about the journey
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Spending as much of the next ten days as possible working in the garage. Going to take her down off the jack stands for the first time in a couple of years :( The gas tank still isn't bolted to the car. It's ready to go, but, it's not an easy one-man job... at least not when you're over 70. Pictures to follow when I come up with something different... for now, nothing has change in months. Going to work on a tow bar so I can regain some room here. Car is licenses and insured, just no power... that's another story. Have a great day!

A70nut

Authorized Seller
Spending as much of the next ten days as possible working in the garage. Going to take her down off the jack stands for the first time in a couple of years :( The gas tank still isn't bolted to the car. It's ready to go, but, it's not an easy one-man job... at least not when you're over 70. Pictures to follow when I come up with something different... for now, nothing has change in months. Going to work on a tow bar so I can regain some room here. Car is licenses and insured, just no power... that's another story. Have a great day!
You could always prop the tank up on each side with wood blocks and then stick a floor jack under the center of the tank to jack it up. That's what I did but with no wood blocks, just a thought though...

Reactions: debrucer

debrucer

It's about the journey
Authorized Seller
Contributor
You could always prop the tank up on each side with wood blocks and then stick a floor jack under the center of the tank to jack it up. That's what I did but with no wood blocks, just a thought though...
The current idea...
608A3969-DF47-48DD-ACC2-3BCB2740ACA7.jpeg
But not today. The car is down and out of the garage for the first time in years.

Reactions: A70nut