What did you do to your supra today? Pics

the t3d

P B4 A
Authorized Seller
Finally got my last intercooler pipe welded and mounted! Immediately after boost leaking testing, found that the throttle body gasket is pissing out air. I have a jdm TB and I don't think the aftermarket metal gaskets match up very well. So, I ordered a stock one from Toyota that I'm waiting for. The oil cooler is super secure too. And I now have 3 of the 4 new brake calipers I need to redo the brake system. I'm breaking down each system into a online checklist/database. I'm treating it like rocket systems, so I'm inspecting and pressure testing everything I can beforehand. A small handful of things to do to get her running again. It's been almost 5 years since she has ran. Crazy.

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Authorized Seller
Made a nice little stainless heat shield hoping it will keep the hood temps down a bit until I re coat the under hood with a liner

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

3p141592654

90T
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Replaced my old bosch 110 recirculating valve with this adjustable RKX valve. The old valve was getting noisy. I have some concerns about the long term reliability of the RKX, since it is a non-diaphragm design, but time will tell.
IMG_3943.JPG
IMG_3944.JPG

MichiganLC

Authorized Seller
Replaced my old bosch 110 recirculating valve with this adjustable RKX valve. The old valve was getting noisy. I have some concerns about the long term reliability of the RKX, since it is a non-diaphragm design, but time will tell.
View attachment 80376
View attachment 80377
I’m getting ready to replace mine too. Mine has always been noisy and I started to question how well it was holding pressure.

I picked up a genuine hks SSQV and a recirc adapter. What is everyone using for a hose to recirc back to the factory accordion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I've been neglecting my 7m and bought a new 1jz car I'm fixing up. Today I rewired the Alternator, both power cable and connector, as well as fabbed a bracket for the powersteering reservoir and moved the fuse box. I also trimmed up some Cougar fans to fit on the radiator.

Thefox

Authorized Seller

Parts swapping between the project car (red ‘88) and what I’m hoping will be my daily driver this summer (black ‘87).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slowerisfaster

Authorized Seller
It's been awhile since I've posted anything and that's because I've been busy with a career change. I finished up truck driving school recently and will be taking my newly printed CDL to my new job on Tuesday. So happy to be out of the car salesman game.

As for the Supra, well it hasn't been driven much. Some of the 30 year old parts could really use to be replaced (I won't go into that now), but with the career change I haven't had any extra cash. So back in November I bought an 03 Passat Wagon to serve as my daily driver. It's kinda POS and I had to do more work to it than I planned on, but it's at a point now where it gets me around well enough.

The plan is to go over the road and try to get back on my feet financially. Hopefully then I can start working on the Supra again. It looks like it will be stored away in the garage for awhile. I figured I might as well give it one last wash and polish so the pic is from today when I was all done.
It'll probably be awhile before I post again, but I'm not gone forever. Maybe I'll see some Supras out on the road to keep me motivated!

plaaya69

87T Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
I mounted the ECU Masters classic standalone. I also made 2 hold down brackets using 3 old hid ballast holders and then some soft foam between the ECU and these brackets. Fit is a bit tight but it does work good.

Mynes_3

Authorized Seller
Took mines out, started it, reversed it for some pics and back in garage she goes. Just picked it up last week so i still need to reg it under my name. LRM_EXPORT_20180411_171533.jpg

Grandavi

Authorized Seller
Battery was low, charged it.
Took it out, sprayed the dust off... noticed that it was idling funny.
(I think the HKS Fcon Vpro standalone had to relearn where it was...)

For some very odd reason it drove at about 10-15 kph slower on the speedo than I was actually doing. After about a half hour driving, its almost bang on again. Weird...

HKS EVC-S settings were gone. I never set it up myself... so had to learn to do this. I think I have the correct settings now, it pulls to 14 PSI properly (using my butt dyno). Not sure how anyone could drive these cars safely at 550+ rwhp because if they pull like my 7M does... its a bit crazy on the roads at 400 rwhp... :)

Took it home. Smiled.

479303_10150938305276438_658941437_12180018_1871624609_o.jpg

f00g00

Authorized Seller
Contributor
Had a little storm here last week and it took off the top of the parking shelters and it wrapped around my car as you can see here. Thanks to the shape of the Supra it didn't break any glass and only has minor damage. I have ordered a mirror from ebay and have the replacement trim behind the R door glass.

Attachments

Hank

Authorized Seller
Not sure the best place to post this, so it's here: Haven't posted in awhile cause the 91 has been parked for 1&1/2years. It's actually in another state, and I may have some money freed up over the next year - so I'm wondering if anyone knows of a Supra-knowledgeable and trustworthy shop/person in the Lincoln, NE area? Omaha to KC would be doable also. Thanks!

Az7mgte

Authorized Seller
Finally pulled the head out of the car it was very dirty including some coolant in the 6th and 1st cylinders but over all it was 20180607_004500-1.jpg a good day.

plaaya69

87T Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Authorized Seller
I made a camera bracket for the inside of the car. Didn't think about horizontal stability, so it isn't going to work with a 1 lb camera mounted on it haha. Ironically, there aren't any pictures of it.

Good news is, I have enough material to make it properly braced side to side, and it should be light and stiff. Think an A-frame shape that mounts to where the seat belt guides bolt to, you'll get the idea.

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Authorized Seller
I made a camera bracket for the inside of the car. Didn't think about horizontal stability, so it isn't going to work with a 1 lb camera mounted on it haha. Ironically, there aren't any pictures of it.

Good news is, I have enough material to make it properly braced side to side, and it should be light and stiff. Think an A-frame shape that mounts to where the seat belt guides bolt to, you'll get the idea.
I just used a magnet on the roof of the car.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Today, pulled my trans apart as I thought I broke the 1-2 shift fork, but for the second time (last time was like 15 year ago in my first mkiii lol) I've sheared the bolt for the shift fork.

mk3mike

Fun cleaning up the harness for the 1jz car and installing the new fuel system.
I’m doing research on how to modified the 89666-30180 aristo ecu harness for my 2jzgte vvti swap into an 87 7mge Supra. I see you are from Florida as well. I’m from davenport near Disney. Good to see someone local.

IchibanEye

Authorized Seller
Contributor
So I figured I'd show a little love to my girl today. I needed to replace a couple of bulbs. Fitted a new one in the rear license plate and open door inside lower light. I swear that bulb was most likely the original one fitted from the factory. I inspected it when I pulled it out and the filament was intact and all. But the little nipples on each cone end where gone from vibrational wear. A little thing but I still thought it was cool. Then I upgraded my Headlights to Sylvania Silverstars. They throw out such a better, brighter and more beneficial light spectrum for the eyes too. I cheap upgrade and they look aesthetically better at night than the standard yellow-ish headlights.

Then....and it's one of those annoying little details I can't let slide. After the new radiator install the overflow bottle sensor was always throwing the low level light because of gunk build up from the original owners bone headedness. So I removed it and scrubbed down the outside. It basically was all clean again. I was pleasantly surprised. SHOUT OUT TO [I FORGOT WHO SUGGESTED TO ME TO USE SIMPLE GREEN] BUT PROPS TO YOU! The stuff works magic on so many things. Then onto the inside, I didn't have anything but a toothbrush so I was only able to reach so many nooks and crannies of that little bitch.

I used a 1:4 sg to h20 mixture. But first I directly spayed simple green onto the unreachable probe inside then added the almost boiling water to the overflow tank and let it sit for and hour and a half agitating it here and there. I rinsed, rinsed, rinsed it out until there was no more residue present in the water.

You can see the spots I couldn't reach on the inside. I'll remove it again in the fall after I can locate a better tool for the job. However it's a thousand percent better than before.

Back in place and filled with Toyota red.

Now onto the best part. Did it fix the problem? Yes, with a happy smile it did. No more warning light.

plaaya69

87T Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
So I figured I'd show a little love to my girl today. I needed to replace a couple of bulbs. Fitted a new one in the rear license plate and open door inside lower light. I swear that bulb was most likely the original one fitted from the factory. I inspected it when I pulled it out and the filament was intact and all. But the little nipples on each cone end where gone from vibrational wear. A little thing but I still thought it was cool. Then I upgraded my Headlights to Sylvania Silverstars. They throw out such a better, brighter and more beneficial light spectrum for the eyes too. I cheap upgrade and they look aesthetically better at night than the standard yellow-ish headlights.

Then....and it's one of those annoying little details I can't let slide. After the new radiator install the overflow bottle sensor was always throwing the low level light because of gunk build up from the original owners bone headedness. So I removed it and scrubbed down the outside. It basically was all clean again. I was pleasantly surprised. SHOUT OUT TO [I FORGOT WHO SUGGESTED TO ME TO USE SIMPLE GREEN] BUT PROPS TO YOU! The stuff works magic on so many things. Then onto the inside, I didn't have anything but a toothbrush so I was only able to reach so many nooks and crannies of that little bitch.

I used a 1:4 sg to h20 mixture. But first I directly spayed simple green onto the unreachable probe inside then added the almost boiling water to the overflow tank and let it sit for and hour and a half agitating it here and there. I rinsed, rinsed, rinsed it out until there was no more residue present in the water.

You can see the spots I couldn't reach on the inside. I'll remove it again in the fall after I can locate a better tool for the job. However it's a thousand percent better than before.

Back in place and filled with Toyota red.

Now onto the best part. Did it fix the problem? Yes, with a happy smile it did. No more warning light.
A baby bottle brush works great to clean the inside of that tank. Also some super hot water, engine degreaser and then shake it up like a bartender works great also to clean up old grime.

I have to look into those headlights. I have the Phillips diamond vision bulbs in my Lexus GS300 and they look great at night but the Supra is still rocking the old dim bulbs.

IchibanEye

Authorized Seller
Contributor
A baby bottle brush works great to clean the inside of that tank. Also some super hot water, engine degreaser and then shake it up like a bartender works great also to clean up old grime.

I have to look into those headlights. I have the Phillips diamond vision bulbs in my Lexus GS300 and they look great at night but the Supra is still rocking the old dim bulbs.
I've used them in many of my cars over the years. It's the best usable light spectrum at night. I'll try and get a photo for ya in the dark.

Oh I used hot water alright. Got it to a boil. Waited 2 minutes and poured it in and shook the shit out of it over a 90 minutes time off and on. The scrubbing is what really works though. Thanks for the baby bottle brush tip. Noted! I hope they're flexible because something that's just longer won't work at getting into those odd angles on the inside.

I'm thinking of doing a few more things to the SuperDupra tomorrow. So more to come maybe.