What did you do to your supra today? Pics

seoul4korea

Authorized Seller
LOL You put a sunroof on your targa top that's designed to be removed? You must really hate removing that top haha, on another note you did a pretty good job cutting that hole out.

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Authorized Seller
LOL You put a sunroof on your targa top that's designed to be removed? You must really hate removing that top haha, on another note you did a pretty good job cutting that hole out.
Not really, I more just want to be able to still see up with the roof still on, and to be able to get a little bit of airflow without taking the whole top off. I love my targa and love having it off (#gotopless lol) but this gives me a nice middle ground for days where it may be beautiful and sunny but a bit too chilly out. Just giving myself more options really.

SupraKid

Authorized Seller
Installed a new induction hose, slowly fixing everything that was previously touched and half assed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk crusty engine.jpeg

Last edited:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Authorized Seller
I don't have pictures but I just ordered new black carpet, two new racing seats with mounting brackets for the seats. Can't wait to start redoing my interior to black.

What is the brand on those?
Specs?
It’s a company called ceika. I got 32 way dampening with street performance springs and struts and between the adjustable springs and bottom mount they put an extra smaller spring to make the tire have more contact with the road. They make big break kits as well that I wanna get that you can custom order as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

George_Bonilla

Authorized Seller
Installed 2jz coils and made up the harness for it. Tomorrow I'll make brackets for the coils and install the harness. Possibly start the car for the first time in over a year.

Tomorrow I will be prepping where ima install my innovate wideband that comes in on friday. I also installed an Apexi neo last week so I'll take pictures of that and be cleaning it up to hide the harness.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

George_Bonilla

Authorized Seller
Looks real clean, have the same coils just don’t want to cut up the factory harness to make it
I completely understand bro. Just get a used harness and make it look like the original. Or find connectors, wire and sleeving online and make a badass new set. That's what I was going to do but when the time came I couldn't afford it.

George_Bonilla

Authorized Seller
Removed the cigarette lighter and installed an Innovate MTX-L Plus wideband. Installed an Apexi Neo where the ash tray goes. Moved and cleaned up the Apexi AVC-R.

plaaya69

87T Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Looks real clean, have the same coils just don’t want to cut up the factory harness to make it
Usually to find the 3 ignition connectors ebay has them the cheapest for usually around $6 a connector. Also you can just extend your factory turbo connectors on the coil pack as well or buy a brand new OEM turbo coil pack harness from DriftMotion and extend that one to keep it simple.

What I did was buy new male CPS connector from DriftMotion, braided sleeve in 1/8" and 1/2",3 new ignition coils connectors and wire and made this:

Attachments

Last edited:

Joe__G

Authorized Seller
I wish there was a like button on these posts.

Mind me asking how much it cost? I'll be buying some soon and would like to do the same.

I was just thinking the same thing. These look great! [emoji1360]

George_Bonilla

Authorized Seller
I was just thinking the same thing. These look great! [emoji1360]

I can't remember but I think there used to be a heart button but I haven't seen it in a while. Maybe I've spent to much time on instagram [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

SupraKid

Authorized Seller
Usually to find the 3 ignition connectors ebay has them the cheapest for usually around $6 a connector. Also you can just extend your factory turbo connectors on the coil pack as well or buy a brand new OEM turbo coil pack harness from DriftMotion and extend that one to keep it simple.
I have the 3 connectors to each coil, just not the green one. I saw it on yoga connectors for 45 but that’s pricey I think

What I did was buy new male CPS connector from DriftMotion, braided sleeve in 1/8" and 1/2",3 new ignition coils connectors and wire and made this:

MichiganLC

Authorized Seller
Removed the cigarette lighter and installed an Innovate MTX-L Plus wideband. Installed an Apexi Neo where the ash tray goes. Moved and cleaned up the Apexi AVC-R.

Getting ready to install my neo soon. I’ve read the write ups on it, but curious since it’s fresh in your mind if you have any recommendations on what went well or what you would do differently?

Thanks!

George_Bonilla

Authorized Seller
Getting ready to install my neo soon. I’ve read the write ups on it, but curious since it’s fresh in your mind if you have any recommendations on what went well or what you would do differently?

Thanks!

Neo install is pretty forward. Just follow the instructions, there will be 5 or 6 wires you don't need.

I didn't install the orange wire from the instructions because I didn't want the dimming feature. Also, ensure that the two ground spices are an inch apart and put them in the correct order as show in the instructions.

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Authorized Seller
I wish there was a like button on these posts.

Mind me asking how much it cost? I'll be buying some soon and would like to do the same.

If you can find a set at the salvage yard they can be pretty cheap. Since demand has gone up so has online prices. The EVO setup is quite a bit more expensive.

George_Bonilla

Authorized Seller
If you can find a set at the salvage yard they can be pretty cheap. Since demand has gone up so has online prices. The EVO setup is quite a bit more expensive.

Yeah I know plenty of yards where I can get a Mercedes set for under $40, I just haven't had the time. I just meant for the clean up and powder coat job on the calipers sorry lol.

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Authorized Seller
Powder coat looks nice.

The EVO setup is quite a bit more expensive.
Those are for sure expensive!
I picked up a set of them last year, but dang they were clean.
The ones I got didn't even look used.

I am battling lots of material interference on the backing plate with those rear STI Rotors.

Not sure how some people get away with using them without much removal of material on the backing plates.
Rotors must be constructed differently across manufacturers.

Every time I think its good and I take a drive there is still something rubbing.

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Authorized Seller
Yeah I know plenty of yards where I can get a Mercedes set for under $40, I just haven't had the time. I just meant for the clean up and powder coat job on the calipers sorry lol.

Local guy near me only charges $45 per caliper to sandblast and powder coat. They didn't come out perfect but they still look good