What did you do to your supra today? Pics

slowerisfaster

Authorized Seller
The switch on the master power window switch for the passenger window stopped going up a few days ago. I was already annoyed at having to reach over to roll it up so I decided to take the switch apart and fix it today. Thank you to the author of this write-up on how to fix it: http://www.mkiiitech.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7710.

While it was apart I noticed something interesting. This was scratched into the back of the switch. It's a little hard to see so in case you can't make it out in the picture it says "05/89 - celica". Whoever did it should be ashamed of themselves LOL!. It was also interesting to me because 99.9% of the car was original when I bought it, this is really the first non-maintenance item I have found that wasn't. My car was built in November of 86 btw.

View attachment 79892

plaaya69

87T Supra
Authorized Seller
Contributor
The switch on the master power window switch for the passenger window stopped going up a few days ago. I was already annoyed at having to reach over to roll it up so I decided to take the switch apart and fix it today. Thank you to the author of this write-up on how to fix it: http://www.mkiiitech.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7710.

While it was apart I noticed something interesting. This was scratched into the back of the switch. It's a little hard to see so in case you can't make it out in the picture it says "05/89 - celica". Whoever did it should be ashamed of themselves LOL!. It was also interesting to me because 99.9% of the car was original when I bought it, this is really the first non-maintenance item I have found that wasn't. My car was built in November of 86 btw.

View attachment 79892
Lol, nice catch. Gotta wonder how and when that ended up there. Have you done your other window switch also? It runs on the same circuit and once I got the chard contacts looking like new again, I was amazed how fast the windows worked again with both switches cleaned and greased.

Kristian_Wraae

Authorized Seller
Great job !!! You'll be pleased with that engine. I have a mkIII with a 2JZgte with a 1999 Toyota Soare automatic transmission. Works like a charm with a 2JZ MKIV ECU.

seoul4korea

Authorized Seller
Changed wheel bearings, seals and spherical bushing on my rear hubs.... Also wire wheeled them down, hit them with some rust convert, masked them up and painted them with truck bed liner.

22766618_10210895513847232_1017664269_o.jpg

Tomorrow my energy suspension ball joint dust boots should be in to replace the boots on my upper control arms. Then, I will be masking up my subframe to paint with truck bed liner as well; once all of this is complete I'll be resembling the entire suspension with poly bushings, ALL battle version suspension and Ronnie K subframe bushings. This is after I clean up all the rust on my rear diff and throw some paint on it of course.... I'm hoping to have everything back on the car by this coming up Saturday.

Tyler Mitchell

Authorized Seller
Finally got around to installing my Speed Hut dash and wired up my BTI gauge to my Infinity. Works like a charm. Also got around to powder coating my tube bumper which improved airflow dramatically compared to the stock crash bar plus yielded some better mounting solutions for my Oil, PS cooler and Intercooler.

seoul4korea

Authorized Seller
Started to put together the rear subframe.

Battle Version suspension to include sway bar end links
ST suspension sway bars
Half of a Energy Suspension poly kit
Energy suspension poly Ball Joint Dust Boots
New OEM wheel bearings with seals
New OEM Spherical Bushing
Ronnie K Subframe bushings

Attachments

Last edited:

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Authorized Seller
Installed my euro turn signals on my JDM car. Couldn't be happier with how they look.

Also got my TRD oil cap in the mail and put that on

Overall: a really good night

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Authorized Seller
dropped a bolt somewhere down the front of my engine while fixing the cam cover leak. then, while trying to remove the lower timing cover, I got a ratcheting wrench pinned against the back of the dampner.

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Authorized Seller
Found the bolt that I dropped and got it back up and running. Also finally installed my Takata tow straps. Aren't JZA70s supposed to have a special tow hook?

Raggan

Authorized Seller
Nice job on that harness Raggan. Are you using 1" braided sleeve on the big firewall section? Also did you use a heat gun to keep it from upbraiding at the ends and splits?
Thanks. Yes it is 1" braided sleeve and half inch under the timing cover area. I used a heat gun for the shrink wrap on the harness. What I found works is heating some scissors up and then cutting the loom also where you want the wires to pop out of the loom like injectors etc. just cut a small slot. The wiring harness was pretty easy it just took a lot of time because, it's my first time building a harness like this. It's not perfected but, I tested the harness and it works.

some updated pics

I still have to put the horn plug on, transmission reverse light plug, Heater valve plug,shorten the boost control wires & finish wrapping the coil plugs

88SupraT

Boosting Supra
Authorized Seller
It was a hell of a lot of work but it's done, I just have to finish plumbing the oil catch can. Having issues with it idling properly, hopefully the tuner can sort it out.

photo image hosting
awesome work! Will hopefully see this thing rolling around the lower mainland this coming spring/summer. Who are you going to for you tune when you're all finished with the smaller detail?