What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Fitment is good other than the bottom, I think its terrible... I am selling mine and going to be making all custom piping.. See that I work at a performance shop and my brother does tig welding.. :p

Turbo Habanero

Authorized Seller
Fitment is good other than the bottom, I think its terrible... I am selling mine and going to be making all custom piping.. See that I work at a performance shop and my brother does tig welding.. :p
i like the cold side the hotside seems to just be dangerously close to the ground

suprashy

Authorized Seller
5/28/11 marked my 15th yr. of owning my 87 T. I'm very proud of that - she's an amazing car, and through her, I've met peeps who have gone on to become best friends from all over the continent. Friends from SOGI, SONIC, Supraforums, & Supramania. The car and the owners are awesome. Tons of fond memories - all through our shared love and passion for the Supra. So I'll have to buy her something nice for 15 yrs. of great automotive fun.

LoveMySupra

Authorized Seller
Yesterday: i didn't do as much as I wanted to..
Removed the engine harness without removing the intake manifolds. Putting the replacement on is going to be fun! Woo!....
Went to two pick-a-parts but there were no mkiii's with engines or transmissions..
Took a bunch of pics. Checked to see whether or not the replacement engine had arp studs or not, it does! Noticed the rear main seal was barely wet with oil at the bottom of the seal...

What you know bout this hater? Full custom turbo back 3 inch Mandrel bent exhaust all done by my brother! It came out amazing and sounds great!

Downpipe, Open 3 inch to 3 inch 3 bolt flange.. Yeah thats a lot of three's whatcha gonna say? F*ckin smart!

Fitted on car and tacked up!

Welding a hanger!

Welding the complete exhaust! Woot!!!

manofanhour

Authorized Seller
Might not seem like that big of deal, so a person who has never done it before, but after an hour with a razor and window spray, my windows are no longer purple!

[/IMG]

This is with the window up..

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
Moved around back so it didnt get another street sweeper ticket.

Rickstar22

Rocker...Not Hippie
Authorized Seller
Might not seem like that big of deal, so a person who has never done it before, but after an hour with a razor and window spray, my windows are no longer purple!
Just did this (except the back glass) a few weeks ago... so much nicer.... Gotta get some warmer weather to attempt the backglass to make it go a little faster...

manofanhour

Authorized Seller
Did you do the whole glass cleaner trash bag trick? The owner before me did tint on top of tint in the back... the first layer came of in two pieces, but left awesome glue everywhere, so I think I am going to have to hit it again..

Moy

It's broken...
Authorized Seller
Just did this (except the back glass) a few weeks ago... so much nicer.... Gotta get some warmer weather to attempt the backglass to make it go a little faster...
my buddy uses a steam cleaner. steam the tint, peel it off. keep doing that til it's gone. for the adhesive residue, steam it and scrape it off

Moy

It's broken...
Authorized Seller
Today I converted my GTE to GE-T (GE electronics). My GTE harness is bad, I'm going to repair it. I need to drive my car. Only things left are find a 1-wire O2 sensor, get a starter (bought, haven't received yet), and pop the c-clip off that holds the wastegate actuator arm to the wastegate flapper

Rickstar22

Rocker...Not Hippie
Authorized Seller
Did you do the whole glass cleaner trash bag trick? The owner before me did tint on top of tint in the back... the first layer came of in two pieces, but left awesome glue everywhere, so I think I am going to have to hit it again..
I've watched a few of the how to's on you tube, but they are all on cars with nice looking tint, not the 10 year old barney looking, petrified crap....
The doors were easy, the quarters were a pain just because of the contorting you have to do... I just gotta hunker down and take my time.... or find a meth addict and grab my gun while I watch... lol

deomel19

Authorized Seller
Try to pass smog, replace rear bumper, add a whale tail spoiler, fix my dents, and moldings within a month if not sooner. Will post before and after pics when its done.

TRDownShift

Authorized Seller
IMAG0016.jpg IMAG0015.jpg

I've been working on my car for the past week, it's been a year sense I've had the car on the road but today SHE LIVES!... You know I was starting to have thoughts of selling... but one blast on the street and all i felt for the car was love.... ahhh... god i love boost :love:

From the y-pipes to the stock hardlines.
Cost, almost nothing. And they are right infront of the huge fan so high trans temps are a thing of the past.
Thought about a filter too but not sure how much resistance the trans can handle.

suprafredde

sprigmo1

Authorized Seller
After almost 3yrs. car is running, just need to figure out where to move the PS reservoir to so that my intake won't hit it and then get my Tec tuned. Put the dash back together today.

Last edited:

Rickstar22

Rocker...Not Hippie
Authorized Seller
Re: OCD much??!! Obsessive CLEANING Disorder!

Swapped out the turbo... Just got to put the intake back together....

Probably nothing to some, but it's my first turbo swap with the engine in the car... I feel initiated correctly now... Hazed in if you will...lol

Pokey2301

Authorized Seller

Probably nothing to some, but it's my first turbo swap with the engine in the car... I feel initiated correctly now... Hazed in if you will...lol
so many a busted knuckles!

Drove it to work today after the Alignment tech at Tires Plus yesterday, broke my exhaust in half pulling it onto the alignment rack. STill not fixed so drive to work was beast/annoying.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Authorized Seller
Contributor

Why did you take the elbow off the turbo? You don't think taking off three accessable 14 nuts is easier than the one bolt?

Rickstar22

Rocker...Not Hippie
Authorized Seller

Why did you take the elbow off the turbo? You don't think taking off three accessable 14 nuts is easier than the one bolt?
The whole back side was basically bad...Had a crack, a ton of play in the exhaust impeller?...basically junk...