Water Pump

Eric_Odie

Authorized Seller
well for the past two weeks i've been leaking coolant every time i come to a complete stop. so what i would do is constantly put more coolant in.

but for the past 3 days i haven't leaked any coolant! but i look at my resevoir and it still sits at full, and the my temperature gauge doesn't seem to rise.

the reason why i questioned the water pump is because the tech that looked at my car said i had a leaky water pump.

is it possible that the water pump released coolant because i put too much in there? lol i'm thinking no, but decided to ask in hope that i don't have to spend 118 dollars for a new pump!

anyone else have this problem before?

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Authorized Seller
hmm, why don't they call it a coolant pump?
Well, the water pump leaks out a weep hole when its bearings begin to wear out. I'd loosen the alternator, to relieve pressure from the belt on the water pump, and give it a good wiggle. If it is dry, and feels fine and tight, then keep an eye on your level, and the problem will probably reveal itself in a week or so.
If the pump feels loose, or wet, then replace it, and call Champion toyota for the best price.

YoNkErS87t

streetside mechanic
Authorized Seller
My gasket around the water pump was leaking on me. I just replaced it and had no problems yet. I payed about $55 for my pump from a spot i get a discount at near me, but its also known to leak when the bearing goes bad like IHI-RHC7 said.