Want to buy a "Chinese" / Ebay turbo?

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Authorized Seller
Hahahaha thanks for the laugh, it's enough incentive fo me to get a quality brand, although i secretly wonder how many cheap turbos they tested to get one to react in the way that one did.?

MDCmotorsports

Offical Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Hahahaha thanks for the laugh, it's enough incentive fo me to get a quality brand, although i secretly wonder how many cheap turbos they tested to get one to react in the way that one did.?
It didn't take us long to find one. The Chinese compressor wheels are sub-par and like to explode quite frequently.

laotionracer101

Authorized Seller
Hmm i dont think that i plan on putting a holset under my hood anytime soon. Ill stick with the Japanese if i cant have the Chinese lol

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Did you pay attention to what he said? Chinese COPY. Holsets are awesome, as long as you get a genuine Holset.

gennro

Authorized Seller
So a real one uses an external gate, 1 less fin on the compressor wheel, has a metal tag, and an ink stamp on the housing?
Mainly on the HY35s HX35s and HX40s you look for the metal tag. Most holsets you find with have an internal wastegate its just that picture doesn't show one.
If you can't tell just post a picture of it in the turbocharger section and we can tell if it is or not.

Gritz

Authorized Seller
holset are fairly cheap, so why would anyone buy a fake.. now if a holset was triple the price then it would be different. Ive a had a Evo 16g ebay fake on my truck for 20,000+ miles with no pproblems..

MDCmotorsports

Offical Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Authorized Seller
Contributor
Gritz, it's not a matter of buying a fake to save money, it was the Chinese pushing into the American market trying to undermine Holset & Cummins Diesel warranty program.