W58 short shifter

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Authorized Seller
After several (almost 15?) years of my SOGI shortened shifter, I decided to try out a short shifter. I was looking around on eBay and Amazon trying to decide on a replacement for my HKS Legamax (or Magnum?) exhaust and came across some dirt-cheap short shifters that look like they're styled similar to the ones from Cubespeed. Would I love one from Driftmotion, Raptor Racing or C's? Heck yes, but since I've already got a big box of engine parts coming from DM I have to cut corners somewhere. But in my mind, it's mostly physics so for $55 I'll see how one of these does, and if it's crap there's always the good old SOGI.

Reactions: debrucer

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Authorized Seller
Well, that was fast. Shifter showed up today but I've got a second copy coming Friday at a better price, plus a shift knob and boot retainer. Think they're from the same factory though (like everything else online). The action isn't bad playing with it on the bench, opened it up to see the insides. It could probably do with a cleaning and regressing with quality grease but other than that, I don't think it's much different than the one in the Cube Speed video. The new ones (2018 update?) show a recessed retaining plate but can't be too much difference in my mind. All in all, I'm impressed for the $60 or so. It's cheap enough that I can chuck the shift lever in the lathe and modify it if I want, shorten it, thin it, get rid of the bend if I prefer.