Very bad coolent leak.

Captain_Phil

Authorized Seller
I have a very bad coolent leak, As in when it gets warm theirs coolant pouring out from behind the motor.

The leak is coming from behind the motor and pouring onto my exhaust. I've checked the house going into the top of the firewall. and its dry. ive also checked all the houses i could reach on the drivers side and they seem dry as well. So I'm figuring the leak is on the passenger side, possible were the heater core line comes back out of the firewall but i cannot find its location.

any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! since i have to drive to work on Monday this is very urgent!

Captain_Phil

Authorized Seller
I felt the cap just now, the back of it is very wet to the touch and feels like dried out rubber.

But till the motor cools down. (WAY to close to the headers!) I wont know for sure if it is it.

If this cap is the problem. what are the steps to fix it?

Captain_Phil

Authorized Seller
I replaced the cap, and it seemed to stop the leak. O'Rileys didn't have the cap by its self only in an assortment pack that cost me $6.'

oh well I'll have plenty to spare if it goes bad again.....in another 21 years or so if it keeps the track record the last one did.

mxxmikexx

Authorized Seller
This stupid cap was fresh in my mind because i just had my exhaust mani off redoing my turbo setup and noticed my rubber cap was totally dried out from the heat on that side and i replaced mine before it let loose like yours did.