Type of turbo for GTE

speedier

Authorized Seller
Hello, yes i know its been asked a million times, so whats one more time? I have a 94 2JZ GTE and stuck between which turbo i should buy. Ive read countless forum posts and still need some advice. Im looking to get a BW SXE257 or BW SXE 362. Id like between 450 to 550 HP just for street driving. Im stumped at which AR i should get, Im going to do a lot of highway driving so would a turbine housing with .81 be ok? If i wanted fairly quick spool(boost starting at 3200?) and be good at 80-85 mph on the interstate without any worries? I was thinking about the s257 but its A/R is only .70 and other forums indicate its for a smaller motor.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Authorized Seller
Congrats on the MK4. They're getting harder to get unless you want to pay stupid prices! My preference will always be the MK3. ;)

My advice would be to call your favorite turbo manufacturer and speak with one of their support staff. They'll ask you all the right questions and recommend a turbo based on your answers.

speedier

Authorized Seller
Thanks for reply. Yes, im excited and there are so many routes its killing me trying to make a decision lol. I talked to a few companies today and believe im going with a garret 38/84 with an ar 81. hopefully that will work.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Authorized Seller
I hear ya. I've been through four turbos. Basically, you need to figure out where you want your power.

When I was running my 20g, it hit so hard at 3200 rpm that it would throw the car sideways. While this can be fun, it's also a challenge to manage.

I settled on a JT62. Very linear while still offering a good amount of power under the curve. Much more fun and sounds like a boeing 747!

Reactions: sinistar_xx

A70nut

Authorized Seller
Get the s257 with the .83 housing, I made 510whp and 465ftlbs of torque from a 1jz with 272s on e85, which means you'll probably be able to crack 550whp with great spool if you desired