Two Supras Obtained Today.

Abe's 1987

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Authorized Seller
Yeah kinda scary situation. I've had a whole knuckle pop off while doing 30 mph in my old eclipse. Luckily i was able to control the car to a stop.

h20dies

Authorized Seller
Advice please!

Have been attempting to diagnose a bad vibration at 60-65mph that carries through the cabin and under my seat. I've replaced all u joints in the driveshaft, the differential, and much more... But it happens with the car jacked up and my cv shafts disconnected. My automatic transmission does slip a little, I'm starting to think it's a torque converter or transmission related, I have an extra tranny and torque converter, I just want to get your guys opinions on this before i dive in.

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Authorized Seller
Does it still make the vibration at that speed if you put it in neutral?
Does it do it regardless of what gear you are in at that speed?

What type of driveshaft?
Still have a center bearing?
Has the drive shaft been apart and put back together not indexed right? (2 piece steel)

Need more information / diagnosis variables to narrow things down.

Reactions: h20dies

h20dies

Authorized Seller
Pirate, i took my driveshaft off and took it up to speed and had no vibration, i believe it is my driveshaft (still stock) i dropped it off at a driveline place on Monday so should hesr back today, I believe it was out of balance.

Koenigturbo

Authorized Seller
Pirate, i took my driveshaft off and took it up to speed and had no vibration, i believe it is my driveshaft (still stock) i dropped it off at a driveline place on Monday so should hesr back today, I believe it was out of balance.
You have a car that drives without a drive shaft? kidding of course..

Last edited:

Dave 1jz

Authorized Seller
Very basic, but do the wheels have hub centric rings? And are these 'tight' enough. Are the hub and brake discs free of rust?
Are the tires round, these can deform after sitting a long time.

It is speed related when i read your post. This kind of cancels out the gearbox (input side)